Anyone eles pick up on this?

O

OnboardError

Ok remember the kids that got to go to Valve and see the video that where being made for E3? Well if you watch flanger2 the video you'll see that mostly none of that made it too E3. Odd....

You're right, none of it was at E3.

Some head crabs some how "warp in" and Gordon fighting a lot of manhacks.

Yeah I noticed that too but not much was really missed, in the pre-E3 trailer I guess they just wanted to show most of the good stuff. Like the flaming barrel that was going down the ramp.

EDIT: Heh never noticed the headcrabs teleporting in, they should have put that in.

I wanted to find out what the blue light was.... I still have no clue what it is.... :-/

I don't think any of that was supposed to make it to E3.

Uh... yea it was in Adobe After Affects. I guees it dident make the cut...

mind posting a link to these flanger videos?

I wasn't impressed by their E3 pressentation. It was actually kinda bad. Last years was not only more organized but it gave you an idea of the features withough giving away any of the story.

This year was rushed and you'd think we'd have the game by now wouldn't you?

wonkers said:
I wasn't impressed by their E3 pressentation. It was actually kinda bad. Last years was not only more organized but it gave you an idea of the features withough giving away any of the story.

Is this a book or something?

In the land of halflife2.net, there were few true warriors. Crusaders, if you will!

Anyhow, uhm.. I thought this year's E3 presentation for HL2 was better than last year's

wonkers said:

I'm pretty sure that they revealed all of the features at last E3. What did you want them to do, talk about them again?

wonkers said:

I have no idea what u were doing with the text editing there, but you go girl!

anyway intrigue is good! u gotta want surprises for when u get the game, otherwise it turns into an I-Spy of half-life 2 features.

Last years was longer, longer=better

(if you turn that into something dirty, you deserve to be shot)

This years was a short little segment of story elements abruptly cut off, kinda dumb.

Well anyhow, i have a feeling they are going to test out how steam will do under really heavy loads this week. CZ 1.2 is coming out which massive people are going to get and good chance that the bink may just show up as well.... this would be a way to test there system under massive loads.... But then again if they where to come out they would tell us first. ;-/

OnboardError said:
Well anyhow, i have a feeling they are going to test out how steam will do under really heavy loads this week. CZ 1.2 is coming out which massive people are going to get and good chance that the bink may just show up as well.... this would be a way to test there system under massive loads.... But then again if they where to come out they would tell us first. ;-/

They are not gonna just upload one little bink video to see massive loads, they would upload both of the E3 videos in bink format to see massive loads.

Dalamari said:

This years was a short little segment of story elements abruptly cut off, kinda dumb.
Aww... cant I siggy it??

I liked this years E3 videos... the Flanger vids.. well I dont think they were for E3...

Dedatorv said:
They are not gonna just upload one little bink video to see massive loads, they would upload both of the E3 videos in bink format to see massive loads.

Think, one little bink video would crash steam for a whole night back in the day... Everyone would download it... That and a cz update...... that would test out mass loads... but its nothing but wishfull thinking.....They tell us b4 they just do it... So not going to happen.

OnboardError said:
Think, one little bink video would crash steam for a whole night back in the day... Everyone would download it... That and a cz update...... that would test out mass loads... but its nothing but wishfull thinking.....They tell us b4 they just do it... So not going to happen.

I don't remember Steam having problems during the Beta with the E3 videos.

"what is flanger" "can someone post links"

give us a freakin link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnboardError said:
I wanted to find out what the blue light was.... I still have no clue what it is.... :-/
I just figured it was the new teleportation effect, as opposed to those green lightning-type portals from HL1. Looks far better.

ok, sorry, i see it now!!!
(I'm new on forums, so not used to it yet)

Need-For-Weed said:
ok, sorry, i see it now!!!
(I'm new on forums, so not used to it yet)

They're not very visible on these forums, they need to make links a different colour.

Dalamari said:

I hadn't considered an off-color interpretation of your remark until you specifically drew attention to it. Nice going, champ.

Dalamari said:

Yeah... this year's was 22:09 minutes.. and last year's was 22:40!! OMG tehy st0l3 teh 31 secodns!! I wnat iet b4kc!! liek OMGWTFBBQ!!11!

Hi guys. I am new to the forums. Just thought I'd point out that flanger 9 is in the E32k4 demonstration. The first flanger video, flanger 1, was in the short pre-E3 video they released. I think that video was about 1 minute and 19 seconds.

PowerLlama said:
what codec do these use cause i can't see em.. =(

I'm pretty sure they're in Xvid format...just google for xvid and you should eventually come to some codecs and stuff.

Maybe the flanger vids are footage for the next E3.... You never know.

Back