Anyone elese feel this way?

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
HL2 really feels unobtainable or non existent... if your like me and havnt played any illegal files.. its like an eerie phantom or something... the game is the most hyped S.O.B. iv'e ever witnessed on the net and amongst social gamers yet no sdk no announcements in almost a year.. does VALVe even exist? :frog: it's like if it hits store shelves my pc will have wings and be flying and my walls will start changeing color... seriously though hl2 is so legendary imo I feel like hl2 is some god looking down at us laughing and jumping away whenever it's about to be released..

Meh..
Where were you when HL was being pushed back to what seemed like a monthly basis over a one year period?

I would go to the store and the sign would say "HL coming Sept" I would come back in Sept "Half Life coming Oct" I would come back in October "Half Life coming Nov", ect. Now that was frustrating. But it was still worth the wait.

Dont worry my friends:

-we have guaranteed media etc within the next few weeks
-E3 starts on 11 May and valve has 2 slots
-29th April PC zone released - Half Life 2 preview (new stuff)

Scunna said:
Dont worry my friends:

:thumbs: :cheese:

Scunna said:
Dont worry my friends:

This sounds familar. Weren't we promised this stuff before?

They can't keep delaying the game forever. We will hear something in the next few weeks I reckon. Remember the whole company is pretty much at stake if they mess this up, I think they might want to do it right.

Yeh, I feel as if it's already out, I'm constantly talking about it and drawing it, yet it's still not out...
I dunno, I feel as though it's something that happens to a lucky person. Like, the release of HL2 is like winning the lottery, you hope it happens, but you know it won't.

I am not saying that's what I think, I know it's coming out, most likely summer, but that's how it feels.

you trying to say you get a feeling on insomnia when ever you think about HL2 i mean thats understandable but if i were you i'd get some medication for it. :LOL:

Not really for me. For me it feels like this carrots thats constantly infront of your face, changing slightly ever so often, but it feels like im never going to catch it.

Corupter said:
you trying to say you get a feeling on insomnia when ever you think about HL2 i mean thats understandable but if i were you i'd get some medication for it. :LOL:
Uhh, what do you mean by feeling insomnia? It seems like it has been delayed for so long, (in reality it hasn't, HL1 was delayed for a year, stop acting like it's like the DNF case, it's only been like 5 months!) that it seems like a dream, something that will never happen, like imagining you could fly, or like I said winning the lottery.

But this ofcourse isn't the case, I know it will be out this summer, and I'm not dreaming. :)

vegeta897 said:
Uhh, what do you mean by feeling insomnia? It seems like it has been delayed for so long, (in reality it hasn't, HL1 was delayed for a year, stop acting like it's like the DNF case, it's only been like 5 months!) that it seems like a dream, something that will never happen, like imagining you could fly, or like I said winning the lottery.

But this ofcourse isn't the case, I know it will be out this summer, and I'm not dreaming. :)

fine spoil my feable attempt at a comedy post i swear all you people need to lighten up slightly :sniper:

MaxiKana said:
Not really for me. For me it feels like this carrots thats constantly infront of your face, changing slightly ever so often, but it feels like im never going to catch it.

Could this be the metaphorical importance behind The Carrot?

Corupter said:
find spoil my feable attempt at a comedy post i swear all you people need to lighten up slightly :sniper:
Stop shooting people in every post you make. :p
And I wasn't really mad at you or anything, I know you didn't really mean I needed medication or anything :p . Maybe YOU need to lighten up. :LOL: jk jk

vegeta897 said:
Stop shooting people in every post you make. :p
And I wasn't really mad at you or anything, I know you didn't really mean I needed medication or anything :p . Maybe YOU need to lighten up. :LOL: jk jk

i really can thelp using that emoticon it sso cool its really addictive and im already on medication but i know what you mean :)

Muwhahahahahha --> :sniper: <-----

I know how you feel man! I like totally understand dude!
It's very good that you talk about your feelings, like get in touch with your feminine side man. It's nothing to be ashamed of, let it all out. Throw it into the group dude.
GROUP HUG!

:rolling:

For the record, no I'm not feeling the same way

PvtRyan said:
I know how you feel man! I like totally understand dude!
It's very good that you talk about your feelings, like get in touch with your feminine side man. It's nothing to be ashamed of, let it all out. Throw it into the group dude.
GROUP HUG!

:rolling:

For the record, no I'm not feeling the same way

sorry who are you trying to talk into wearing nylon stockings ? :thumbs:

blahblahblah said:
I think you might be schizophrenic. :frog:

That was me being sarcastic, thank you for noticing.

ya, im afraid that it will never come out and im wasting my time living my life the gordon freeman way but i think when it hits shelves, i will have to use my gordon freeman skills to crowbar some fellow nerds out of the way just to hold the box, until a bigger stronger nerdlier nerd comes from behing and crowbars me.

galoot3000 said:
ya, im afraid that it will never come out and im wasting my time living my life the gordon freeman way but i think when it hits shelves, i will have to use my gordon freeman skills to crowbar some fellow nerds out of the way just to hold the box, until a bigger stronger nerdlier nerd comes from behing and crowbars me.

are you calling us all nerds i mean it may well be my head infront of you and i swear to god if i get hit by a crowbar im sueing (<- dont know how to spell it leave me alone you bullies)

blahblahblah said:
This sounds familar. Weren't we promised this stuff before?

I dont think Valve would hide their sequel to the best selling game ever from an event like E3 or that would be a stupid move :dozey: Even if we dont get officially released videos from Valve, someone with a digi video camera will get something and have it up for DL :) They cant show the same thing we saw last year again so i think its 100% certain that we will have some new info's on HL2/release/SDK --- PICS/MOVIES!! woo woo :D

Scunna said:

by this you mean they played the 3 levels from e3 , so we will see the same old s**t from slightly different angles ........................................................................
................................................................................
.................exitement......................................(cough)

digsy said:
They can't keep delaying the game forever.
I see someone's never heard of Duke Nukem...

But yeah, the game often seems as if the build-up is all there is - I can't genuinely see myself holding a copy in my hands. Strange.

Mechagodzilla: Now that you mention The carrot, I suddenly realise the different levels that it worked on. So deep and full of meaning.

I hate it when people complain about it, and build it up to the likes of DNF when the games only been delayed ONCE. The original was delayed for a year, chances are that could happen again but i doubt it will be delayed 4 years like DNF, which we'll probably never see

everyone has been touchy recently. we all just need to calm dawn, keep the faith, and wait for e3.

yes, we need to calm down and relax. Valve doesnt owe us anything and Valve is definitely alive, they keep in touch with the community more than any other company. freakin 2-10 minute e-mail replies, amazing. Also they could be driving ferraris and Lamborghini Countachs instead of spending 50+ million and so many years of hardwork. I guess play farcry and splinter cell, research the technology source has to offer from the "ask valve queestions" thread, theres so much in there that I never knew about source. It will all be over soon, I hope.

What we really need, to distract us from hl2 is supertrooper (as fake as he was)

Ahhh the memories. He brought us hl2 friendlies together.

I KNEW HE WAS A POSER!!! AND NOBODY BELIEVED ME!!! ha

anyway OT: I think the people who are getting p/o'ed about the time its taking to make the game should chill, it'll come out, just play different games or do something else until it does

I know what you mean...but on the other hand i'm sure it exists

Back