Anyone else get this DX bug?

ummno

Reaction score
I've got a 9600xt and 1.5ghz cpu, it runs dx9 at ~35fps but when I put dx7 on it runs much higher so I prefer that setting and it almost looks the same. But there is bug with the lights on nearly every map, anyone else get this?

8835.jpg

8837.jpg

8838.jpg

Whoa thats pretty wierd. Never seen that before.

I have the same problem, using dx7 path. Haven't been able to find a fix.

I'm about to use the report bug thing in the game, I was just wondering whether this was common.

It's a bug with sprites apparently.

I don't think It's a very common thing but It is a bug and bugs should be reported.

I haven't seen any other reports, and ive been looking about - its bugging the hell out of me

Reminds me of that old Battlezone game for Atari... Those X-boxes (no pun intended) look like the projectiles in Battlezone.

If i recall correctly you see them in worldcraft when placing lights - or something v similar

while in game, hit mat_dxlevel_81 to switch it back to 8.1 then put mat_dxlevel 70 again. Now it will go back to dx7 and the lights will be gone. You must do this every time you join a server as you long as you enter the server in 7.0 If you enter the server in 8 you can just change it back to 7. It gets annoying so I just leave it a 8. Talk about a 225% increase in dx7. What a joke.

VodkA-HLC- said:
while in game, hit mat_dxlevel_81 to switch it back to 8.1 then put mat_dxlevel 70 again. Now it will go back to dx7 and the lights will be gone. You must do this every time you join a server as you long as you enter the server in 7.0 If you enter the server in 8 you can just change it back to 7. It gets annoying so I just leave it a 8. Talk about a 225% increase in dx7. What a joke.

Okay thanks I'll try this, its not that much of a big deal, but I don't want to be having to deal with this bug for years. (If valve doesn't know about this)

VodkA-HLC- said:

It's up to 225% increase, it doesn't mean everyone will get a 225% increase

:thumbs: Great you're trying to hide your hacks by saying it's a bug, HA! Funny guy...

No seriously though, CS:S still has quite a lot of bugs still.

VodkA-HLC- said:

Or you can add it to your config.cfg file and make it read-only. :)

Back