Anyone else not touched HL-2 Since they bought it?

I've beaten it 3 times, one for eacy difficulty. I'm now playing through HL: Substance. But I've got a lot of other new games to play. Like I'm playing the source engine game Vampires: bloodlines right now and enjoying that.

Beaten it 4 Times (2 Medium, 2 Hard)... I play a ton of DM and CS.... DoD soon too!

I really want to complete it, but every time I jump across the gap to the combine (after the strider blows it up) on follow freeman the game crashes :flame: :flame: :flame:

bah.

I think i'll use the ol' changelevel command to get past that, but I don't like the idea of skipping a significant portion of a level.

I havn't played it yet because i've been on Killzone so much, and I'm not sure if it will work on my PC yet.

Considering I don't really have the time to play games at the moment, I still got in a good 2 hour session of HL2 this morning (From the Bridge to the cells in Nova Prospekt). This will be my fourth playthrough. I like it as much as I did the first time: sure, there's little variety when you've played it this many times, but the little variation there is (finding weapons caches you didn't find in other playthroughs, working out new physics tricks/traps, taking different approaches to combat) coupled with the fact that certain bits would still entertain me 100 playthroughs down the line, even if they played out more or less the same everytime, means that this isn't my last playthrough.

And just because I'm going to say it anyway, for all it's gameplay variety, I haven't touched Far Cry since getting half way through it over the christmas holidays. It exceeds HL2 in certain areas, but the areas which HL2 thrashes it on are forty-thousand times more important anyway. Oh and Doom III has collected a lot of dust since I completed that.

I stopped playing for a while until I upgraded my hard drive and when I try to do a new install, my Pioneer DVDRW won't recognise the disc. Its as though I haven't put the disc in. I haven't got a clue how to fix it.. Any ideas anyone? Pls....

elawsio said:
I stopped playing for a while until I upgraded my hard drive and when I try to do a new install, my Pioneer DVDRW won't recognise the disc. Its as though I haven't put the disc in. I haven't got a clue how to fix it.. Any ideas anyone? Pls....
Tried an install via downloading from Steam? Would bypass the need for the disc...

i havnt touched it either, its not that i dont like it, i love it but i just dont play it. Been on css and dm tho

I've played through to the beginning of Anti Citizen One like 5 times.. only gone through Anticitizen One, Follow Freeman and Our Benefactors like twice though.. medium and hard.. I'm a little bored of it now to be honest.. you guys who only played once or twice can understand. Figure if I don't play it for like a month it will be more fun.

I wish there was a way to add more guys or give the Combines more health so it would be more challenging. As far as I've heard, the only way to make the game harder is to up the damage you take from them, and that doesn't seem as fun as upping their health or the number of them, imo.

I'm not finished it yet: spent a week or two tweaking, realised I never finished HL1 (don't blame me, blame my old system) so went and did that

Since then been taking it slow, enjoying the scenery, most of what I've played I've played twice, looking for goodies. Ravenholme and nova prospekt I had to do again cos I played them late at night the first time and missed a lot

Hate it when you rush through a game, you feel cheated by the end of it, like when I played Halo on easy cos I only had the xbox for a week (thank god) and thought it was supposed to be huge, finished it in a day. On the other hand I've an awful tendency to qwiksave at every corner and go over the next bit until I've taken everyone out with a single headshot without taking a scratch, which kinda ruins the flow. Managed to avoid falling into that with HL2 by only qwiksaving after a load (autosave's off due to stutter)

Looking forward to playing dm and cs and being utterly, hideously owned!

NJspeed: can you cut the damage done by your ammo? Same effect as increasing enemies health, 'cept it would apply to all enemies and so might be a bit too hard in places

I've gone back and replayed sections, like Ravenholm, and when I'm bored, I use console commands to make an airboat to explore out of bound areas. :)

Back