Anyone else replaying Half-life 1 this weekend?

UKchaos2

Reaction score
I though what better way to kill time and at the same time prepare for HL2 than by replaying the original from start to finish within 3 days!

Anyone else gonna do this?

no, im cram studying for my maths exam so i dont have to study for 2 days when HL2 is out.

no..cause that will only occupy me for a couple hours when i beat it :( then im left wanting it more!! i'm just gonna watch some tv shows/anime....something to tie me over :(

...I think im gonna go do that now.

But I might wait till the weekend to actually play HL2. I hate playing games knowing in the back of my head i should be doing homework :hmph:

weekends that is crazy i can never hold it that long...i dont thinks so but maybe ill play hl 1 over again.

I get about half way then I lose interest at the "On a Rail" level.

"On the rail" is the worst part for me, when i somehow beat that i enjoy the game so much.But i really hate that damn level.

I just Finished replaying OpFor, have played HL1 about 5 times through fully. I have never played BLue shift =P.

Anyways, I'll be playing Planetside and CS:CZ this weekend.

I'm not replaying it until I've got HL1:S then play that one.. Well thats the plan anyway.

I am still debating whether or not to play through HL: Source first or not. I have beaten the original HL , but only once, and it was several years ago. I 'll probably just play the beginning and then get cracking on HL2 . I still load up the start sometimes just because the scientists crack me up. "I'm rather busy now Gordon" "Weren't you suppose to be in the lab half an hour ago?" "Mooorning Gooordon" "Do you know who ate the last donut?" great stuff

I dont think i'll play hl again, infact i know i wont (b4 HL2 at least). Hl1 just gets boring for me around the point I get the crowbar, only cause I've beat the game a few times, I'll play HL:S but after HL2.

I hope HL1:S has a skip intro button that takes you quickly past the pre-disaster stuff without having to mess around loading maps.

I've already been slowly working my way through it for the past week or so. Like Yombi I've got a Maths exam on Monday. Sucks because I've also two more exams afterwards, so I won't be able to play until the 25th...you lucky American bastages.

Ghost Freeman said:
Nope, playing Halo 2.
Right on. My brother bought it and becasue my Girlfriend cant stand it I can only play about 5 levels a day. So I'll get finished with it just as soon as HL2 is release. One game right after another always going forward and never looking back.

I am - buu I started a couple of weeks ago and have been playing for about an hour or two every now and again. I'm gonna go and finish it now - I'm quite near the end ;)

I'm going through Opposing Force one more time since i did HL1 a month ago. To have more of the story before HL2.

^ Same with me, in the last month I've went through Half-Life, part of Blue Shift, and I'm now playing Opposing Force. Don't know if I'll finish Blue Shift though. :|

yeah, i never finished it before, i think it was the 'on a rail' mission that turned me off at the time.. but from the poll is sounds like i missed some good missions later so i'm going back.. should be done in purrfect timing!

Play through it this weekend? Well....no...not this weekend, more like the night before. If HL2 will be out at midnight then I'll start playing at about 9 and be done by the time its out. But then I've gotta wait for my friends to get here so they can watch me start up hl2 and start playn it. I'm gonna qick save in HL right at the end speech by the G-man, so they get a bit of whats going on before I pop in HL2.

Yep Ive already started playin HL in preparation of the HL2 release.

I'm formatting my computer today/tomorrow.

Maybe Monday I'll play a little half-life 1, maybe the start of the it.

And then watch all the HL2 Media I have.

i lose interest on the on a rail level too, its because you have no movement ontrol on the train, and off the train getting around is just a pain.
But i wont play through hl again, althuogh i really want to...i got work to do :(

I'll play a bit of it...but i'll defenitly watch HL2 media between homework sessions :thumbs: (my teachers decided to give me TWO PROJECTS this weekend :frown: )

Indeed I am playing HL1 over. Started 2 days ago. Also decided to play Unreal 1 again for kicks.

Nah, I just don't feel like it for once. I think 3 times is good enough.

Yes I'm doing it as well, I was going to play HL:S but the day HL2 is released I don't have any time for anything except sweet sweet HL2.

Also there are a lot of interesting things you can do with the old levels. The windows around the warehouse full of mines can be jumped to from the warehouse roof. Maybe someone should take a crowbar to the snipers for making poor barney suffer? "I will avenge you, Barney!" :)

Back