Anyone else waiting for EP2 before buying EP1?

alan8325

Reaction score
I still want to get Episode 1 but I think I will wait for Episode 2 to be released first so that the combined experience is about the size of a traditional expansion pack. Also, maybe Episode 1 will be cheaper then. Anyone else doing this?

Why would you want EP1 cheaper? It's £12....Come on. Episode 1 took me round about the same time as Opposing force, if a little bit shorter. But I know it was a far better experience than Opposing Force. :p

Expansion packs are a little bit of a thing of the past, I say ;)

But I'm sure it'd be hella fun to go straight through them both..

I don't think you'll find a lot of people on this board patient enough to wait for Episode 2 before buying Episode 1...and if you do, they're probably avoiding this part of the forum.

Also, I doubt that the price is going to drop considering how cheap it is already. Your best opportunity to save was to pre-purchase the game and get 10% off, but that sale is no longer valid.

I would if I could, except for the small problem of me having already finished EP1. :D

I couldn't wait to play Episode 1. I needed my dose of the Half-Life universe. It was there to be brought and brought i did! :p

alan8325 said:
...maybe Episode 1 will be cheaper then...

Eventually... yes, but only after all 3 episodes are released and a box edition has been made available.

still havent picked up my copy of ep 1 yet, busy with work and stuff plus the price is a bit arsed over here, 30euros hmmm.

I wouldn't be able to wait.

jimbo118 said:
still havent picked up my copy of ep 1 yet, busy with work and stuff plus the price is a bit arsed over here, 30euros hmmm.

Is that retail I take it? Cos on Steam it is a universal global price ain't it??

Anyhoo, I may play through Episode 1 again just before Episode 2 comes out (with HDR lighting aswell after I upgrade :))

i didnt wait for one simple reason -- discussion. (1), I knew people around here would be all abuzz with it and I wouldn't be able to avoid references to it so I wanted to be aware of what folks were talking about. (2) I wanted to experience things myself and have useful information/perspective to contribute and chew on before we get into the next episode. To me, the Half-Life universe divulges itself slowly over time, so I wanted to give the events of EP1 a chance to sink and for me to be fully prepared for the onslaught we're about to experience in EP2.

alan8325 said:
I still want to get Episode 1 but I think I will wait for Episode 2 to be released first so that the combined experience is about the size of a traditional expansion pack. Also, maybe Episode 1 will be cheaper then. Anyone else doing this?

i don't know how in the hell you have waited even this long to play it. The day it came out I was dying at work thinking about the game and then when I got off of work I hit the gym and it felt like i was being tortured rather than getting in shape, then when I got home I ran to my computer and played it lol

+1 to you people learning about exchange rates.

+2 to I'm going to wait for Ep2. Heck, when Ep2 gets here, I might wait again for Ep3.

AfternoonLemon said:
Is that retail I take it? Cos on Steam it is a universal global price ain't it??

Anyhoo, I may play through Episode 1 again just before Episode 2 comes out (with HDR lighting aswell after I upgrade :))
Its not universal. I live in Australia and on steam is cost $30

I would wait for EP2 but already played EP1 now. Will wait for EP3 before playing EP2 though.

Back