anyone know for sure that a half life movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmottl

Reaction score
i've heard somethings and i really want to see one but does anyone know if ones in the works right now. if the do make one i would really hate if the first one didn't take place in black mesa, that would be directorial suicide.

Oh, man, you didn't know? it's been in production for a year or two now. Valve is being pretty tight-lipped about it but apparently it involves Spielberg.

I also heard that they're using this new CG technology for Gordon, where they act out Gordon's movements in each scene by controlling him on a computer like you would in the actual game. And guess what, they ONLY USE A KEYBOARD! Isn't that awesome?

This is Valve's opinion on the matter:

Kotaku said:
Eurogamer: Talking of Hollywood, has anyone from the movie world come up with a decent Half-Life movie script yet?

Gabe Newell: They all sucked!

Eurogamer: In what way did they suck?

Gabe Newell: They're just bad movies - movies that shouldn't get made. I'm a huge fan of movies, I love going to movies and we have absolutely no reason to do it. It's not like they've offered us these giant buckets of cash and said "let us go and ruin your game" [laughs]. They offer you little tiny amounts of cash, so it's like they've not even tried to bribe us to go and make a bad movie. So it's the one thing we're going to hold on to. Unless it's a great movie, unless it's as exciting a movie as the game was a game then it will never get made.

Source

We will not see a Half-Life movie any time soon.

The following are previous threads discussing the notion. Please use the
searchar6.gif
button. Thanks

Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk...

Half-Life TV show?

A New Take on a HL MOVIE

"anyone know for sure that a half life movie".......... a half life movie? a half life movie what? is a good idea? is growing? has a heart condition? eats apples? grows trees?

Making a Half Life movie is an appalling idea, imagine all those wasted resources when they could have been spent on another HL2 episode which would be 100 better and more entertaining than even the best movie ever made...the entire movie concept is far beneath the PC game concept and is pretty much obsolete..

This is Valve's opinion on the matter:

Source

We will not see a Half-Life movie any time soon.

The following are previous threads discussing the notion. Please use the
searchar6.gif
button. Thanks

Half-Life: The Movie - What do you want?

I don't mean to sound like a jerk...

Half-Life TV show?

A New Take on a HL MOVIE

Quoted For Truth.

Although the movie as a medium hasn't yet run its course, a Half-Life movie would probably suck, based on current videogame to movie trends. Revoking Uwe Boll's directing permit would be the first step to making game movies better, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back