Anyone know how to view HL2 models?

lordbotulor

Reaction score
Does any one know how to view the hl2 models (like the gman model for example), or which program can be used. Is there some way to see them in the included model editor, as the model editor only allows you to open the sdk sample models (or at least only the sdk models the way mine is configured).

I was wondering this too, although I'm pretty sure it's not possible.

No...you should be able to view the models now...I can, at least...if not, try changing the game profile in the sdk...i had to do that, for some reason.

HLMV, its in the SDK. I dunno about you but I can view pretty much all the models.

ah, yes, you can do that.

I was thinking edit the models.

Pfft, you don't need any special files.
When the SDK menu opens, make sure you have Half Life 2 selected as the project, then launch the model viewer.

hi_ted said:
Pfft, you don't need any special files.
When the SDK menu opens, make sure you have Half Life 2 selected as the project, then launch the model viewer.
Well this was back before the release of SDK.

the sdk is wonderful :)
i actually really like steam, so simple to just get an sdk, or update a game

ok, i tried the gameinfo.txt file and I have updated to the new SDK, and when i choose hl2 from the Source SDK menu, it says that my gameinfo.txt is invalid (it is the gameinfo.txt featured on planethalflife.com and a whole bunch of other places). Maybe i should reinstall?

Also, my steam friends is not working, so maybe it would be a good idea to reinstall...

Well, either way, im reliving the nostalgic experience of installing hl2 (all 2 hours of it), so hopefully this will fix all my problems.

well, i reinstalled it and applied the updates, yet i still cannot view the gman models like everyone else apparently can...so i'm still open to suggestion.

Back