Anyone see the GameSpy quote from Gabe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

"I'm playing World of Warcraft. It's already dramatically better than any of the MMORPGs on the market. Typical Blizzard polish. I've played some Painkiller and been chatting with Adrian over at People Can Fly. And I've been playing a lot of the online game, "HURRY UP AND SHIP HALF LIFE 2 YOU IDIOTS BEFORE MY SHIFT KEY WEARS OUT."

WTF?

That last sentence is a Gamespy joke, I'm sure, or maybe a L77t h@XX0r

Notice that bit of text is in inverted commas... I'd assume that was written by whoever made the page.

It'd be nice to see Gabe saying things like that though.

I doubt it's GameSpy. It says
"
And I've been playing a lot of the online game, HURRY UP AND SHIP.....
"

It's a line that's still flowing in his quote.

Kincaid said:
I doubt it's GameSpy. It says
"
And I've been playing a lot of the online game, HURRY UP AND SHIP.....
"

It's a line that's still flowing in his quote.

I doubt it's gabe. :p

Why the need to put that in inverted commas if it were Gabe?

Because it says 'I've been playing the game, "HURRY UP....".

Indicating what the name of the game he's been playing is.

i thought it was in valves hands when they ship. i doubt he would say that tbh. only way to find out is e-mail him! some one....

Erm... to me it just looks like he's making a 'joke' about how every time he's on the net / checks his mail / whatever he's bombarded by people screaming "Hurry up and ship HL2".

Well I've emailed him briefly on it. I don't usually do that sort of thing but I had a minute..

Fluffy Kitten said:
Erm... to me it just looks like he's making a 'joke' about how every time he's on the net / checks his mail / whatever he's bombarded by people screaming "Hurry up and ship HL2".

That's a possiblity as well.

Fluffy Kitten said:

Yeah, that's what I thought too, I think everyone is reading a bit too mucht into this...

It shocks and amazes me still how few people on the internet possess even basic reading comprehension.

Iconoclast said:
It shocks and amazes me still how few people on the internet possess even basic reading comprehension.

What do you mean? :|

;)

But yeah, the first thing I thought about was a joke from Gabe that he gets all those hysterical messages from people.

Well, it is written in full English... perhaps it would've been better understood if it was written "Nd I ben playin a lot of th onlyn game HURRY ^ AD SHIP HL2 U IDOTS B4 MY SHIFT KEY WERS OT".

You people need ****ing lives. Jesus. If nothing else my way of taking it was just funny.

He means US, the HL2 community. Kinda like the cast of the original Star Trek at the Star Trek Conventions. Under their breath, they are like "get a life, people!"

Yeah, well, don't think this needs to go any further. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back