Anyone watching the Venus Event?

No i guess its pretty lame to think that something like this would compete with HL2...

sheeesh, i guess some ppl don't find anything outside the country borders exciting or fascinating.

I got the disc of the sun on a piece of paper through binoculars, but there was no black dot on it! Then the clouds came :(

Yea...I think seeing it for me would of involved getting up at like 4:00 in the morning....I didn't really want to do that. Besides I think it was cloudy anyhow.

However I was interested....I am very interested in Astronomy and all that good stuff..

I was intrested before I saw the cloudy sky :(

GOD DAMNIT SON OF A ....

i forgot, im realy interested in this sort of stuff.

No worries, there's another chance in our lifetime. 2012.

Unless you're 95 or something. Then I'm sorry ;[

DAMNIT... all you young whipersnappers.... get the hell off my lawn.... french toast please.

I was gonna look, but I was in school... so didn't get chance.

I saw Venus yes, but then I realized I was looking at Uranus.

Bwahahahahah!!! I can't believe noone else said it!:)

Well its still in the sky and im waiting for it to appear at night. Not exactly exciting but I want to see it in case I would had been interested later in my life.

edit- oops i forgot i goes infront of the sun so at night I wont be able to see it :p
/me slaps myself

My school gave us glasses and all to see it. T'was nice, clear sky and we got a good look at it. Just a small black dot in the sun, but damn, it's Venus!

Unfortunately I'm in one of the few countries who can't see it, not like staring at the sun is something I normally partake in anyway. I'm pretty sure it crosses back over in a few weeks or something... or was that years :|

Back