Anyone who says they won't buy Half Life 2 if another delay occurs...

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
...is absolutely lying to us and themselves.

I've seen these posts in a few threads now:

"This delay sucks - I'm not gonna buy Half Life 2 because the technology will be dated." (that's a great argument!)

"I'm not gonna buy it because Valve/VU sucks." (another intelligent argument)

"I'm not gonna buy it because there will be too many better games out to play." (all right - name a few)

If you've made any of these type of posts, please hang your head in shame. You know you'll be at the store or eagerly downloading it from Steam with the rest of us on the day that it's released.

Stop your silly self-righteous posturing and admit the truth :cool:

Could you not respond to these on an individual basis?

And what's "SFLU"?

Can you understand why they would be mad though ? Some of them have been waiting for the game for a while now and have already gone through this before, so i could understand why they would boycott it by buying it off of steam lets say instead of VU:G if it does turn out that way.

I think what a lot of people are getting at is they're just going to warez it, instead of handing their cash over to VU.

Dude people are pissed off!!! big deal... I know we shouldnt get all pissed off yet, but all these people have every right to post how pissed they are, everyone here is a die hard fan, another six months with no halflife is like another six months with no sex...

It's an acronym for South FLorda UF fan (University of Florida).

And I could respond to these individually I suppose but then my fingers would fall off from the typing and I figured that a general statement of position would be best.

... Get it on steam then ady...vivendi dont take profit from steam...

if you want to spite VU, then buy it off Steam, and don't bother with the retail version. that'll learn em.

I still don't get how some people use graphics and only graphics to judge games... I just don't :dozey:

SFLUFAN said:
It's an acronym for South FLorda UF fan (University of Florida).

And I could respond to these individually I suppose but then my fingers would fall off from the typing and I figured that a general statement of position would be best.

Copy and paste. Seriously, sometimes I've considered writing about 10 or so generic responses to people and just pasting them.

I'm not directing this at those who will buy it off of Steam.

I'm directing it at those who have said they will not buy the game PERIOD.

As i said once before IF this happens, and they delay it for six months, then yes, i own't be buying the game (most likely), other games will be coming out, i may read the walkthrough just to get the story line though. The truth is that if they delay the game, the tech won't be outdated, but everyone will have forgotten about it, i know i would. Only the die hard fans would bother buying it.

L337_Assasain said:
As i said once before IF this happens, and they delay it for six months, then yes, i own't be buying the game (most likely), other games will be coming out, i may read the walkthrough just to get the story line though. The truth is that if they delay the game, the tech won't be outdated, but everyone will have forgotten about it, i know i would. Only the die hard fans would bother buying it.

I remember people saying the exact same thing last year. And look where we are now.

L337_Assasain said:

This is exactly what I mean - you can say this all you want but still I (and probably a lot of other people) simply don't believe you.

But if you really feel this way, then I'm sorry for you and don't see why you're wasting your time on a Half Life 2 fan site.

I will buy it whenever it comes out (this year...6 months from now etc).

And I know some people hate hearing this...but it's just a computer game. It's just not worth getting mad over.

I honestly will never understand the amount of anger people display over HL2/Valve/VUG or anything related. If they were in charge of my liver transplant...I'd be upset...but not over a game.

Anyone who says they won't buy it when it is eventually released, is a liar. Espescially if they're big enough of a fan to join these forums.

Unless they die/join the army/sell their computer.

Even then, they will play it eventually. Except for the dead part.

hahahahaha you already pointed this out, but I didn't even read your post. Oh well, this further proves the point.

Feath said:
I remember people saying the exact same thing last year. And look where we are now.
Yeah they STILL havent bought it.

While your average "kid" (sorry young adult?) may end up getting im sure there are a few "adults" that will be true to their word.

While I love the original, mods, add-ons etc and look forward to HL2 it is getting rather annoying. It is/was (delay) "understandable" a few times before its just getting old.

I can honestly say (as im sure a few others can) its just not worth it anymore. I can also honestly say if it takes another 6 months I will not be buying it (or "stealing it) Steam or retail. Now 3/4 months after that when the price drops maybe.

This goes along with Devs/Pubs that put out a buggy game. I can only buy so much crap till im tired of getting an incomplete game.

Someone mentioned "sex". Well how long do you "wait" till you move on? Same goes for anything else. REGARDLESS of who is at fault, yo can only wait and keep being promised something for so long.

So yes if its another 6 months I will wait longer. What better way to "show" Devs and Publishers alike that they need to keep their "poop" clean in order to keep customers.

:( Well, I joined because i'm a fan, and i still will be when it comes out 6 months from now (I'm talking about the HL series in general, how someone can be a fan without the game being released is a new one to me :( ). Yet, Unreal three sites will be popping up months from now as well, and i'm a huge fan of the unreal series as well(except for unreal 2 Yich). I would probably buy it, but i sorta am beggining to doubt it. It may just be because i'm very upset, and if this is the case, and i do buy it, you have the right to smack me to bring me back to reality, lol (not to mention what i just wrote)...

But unlike the next Unreal powered game (which will NOT be set in the Unreal univerise by the way but based on a completely different IP) will not be showing up until 2006, Half Life 2 will be able to be played in the forseeable future.

I didn't mean to single you out or to sound harsh - but I think you're reacting out of disappointment rather than reason. Any self-respecting gamer who would not play Half Life 2 simply is doing himself or herself a disservice.

I'm just trying to prevent people from making statements that they'll feel silly for making later on.

If Half-Life 2 gets delayed for two more months I won`t buy the game. Im so tired of this, and I want to BUY the game when its worth the money. Half-Life 2 is getting older as we speak. Its already delayed by one year, and another half year is right around the corner.

^Thomas^ said:
If Half-Life 2 gets delayed for two more months I won`t buy the game. Im so tired of this, and I want to BUY the game when its worth the money. Half-Life 2 is getting older as we speak. Its already delayed by one year, and another half year is right around the corner.

Sorry - still don't believe you in any way, shape, or form. And if that's the case, then there's the exit door from this Half Life 2 fansite - see ya around :)

SFLUFAN said:
Sorry - still don't believe you in any way, shape, or form. And if that's the case, then there's the exit door from this Half Life 2 fansite - see ya around :)

Im about to, like plenty of other peoples on this forum.

SFLUFAN said:
But unlike the next Unreal powered game (which will NOT be set in the Unreal univerise by the way but based on a completely different IP) will not be showing up until 2006, Half Life 2 will be able to be played in the forseeable future.

I didn't mean to single you out or to sound harsh - but I think you're reacting out of disappointment rather than reason. Any self-respecting gamer who would not play Half Life 2 simply is doing himself or herself a disservice.

I'm just trying to prevent people from making statements that they'll feel silly for making later on.

lol, all is forgiven :p , i really was looking forward to HL2, not just because it's going to be awsome, but because i really was looking forward to something to get me through the school year/s (which aren't very good :( ) And i most likely am speaking out of dissapointment, but o well...

BTW: i didn't know U3 was a different story line... And yah, i know U3 won't be coming out for a couple of years, but hopefully people will be talking about, and there will be things parafonalia to read ...

"Im about to, like plenty of other peoples on this forum."

Alright - nothing holding you back now - don't let it hit you guys on the way out. It was getting too crowded in here anyway :p

SFLUFAN said:

Why, its just a game.

I use to put together LAN parties and we would have 10 to 12 people. The count started to drop. Then we could only pull about 4/5 after a time EVEN THOUGH 15 or more people were always interested and always wanted to be emailed about LAN parties.

I got to the point that no matter how much I loved having LAN parties it just wasnt worth the build up. People promising then not showing, not responding etc.

So I stopped. I still get people (same people) that ask and I tell them to have soemone else set it up. They never do.

What does this have to do with HL2? Well as much as I (think) love the game, its just not worth it anymore.

Im 40 years (well 39) old and while coming to the boards occasionally is nice I do not have the time nor the "drive" anymore to "wait" for this game if it will take another 6 months.

So yes I wont look silly.

As for coming to the boards, its called communication. Not me supporting the game.

SFLUFAN said:

"This delay sucks - I'm not gonna buy Half Life 2 because the technology will be dated." (that's a great argument!)

"I'm not gonna buy it because there will be too many better games out to play." (all right - name a few)

If you've made any of these type of posts, please hang your head in shame. You know you'll be at the store or eagerly downloading it from Steam with the rest of us on the day that it's released.

I don't understand, why do you care? People can say what they want. You don't know if they will buy it or not and it's completely up to them anyway. Sheesh.

Go out. Have some fun. Come back. Buy the game when it's out. Or don't. Just don't say you won't cos you don't know what you won't do when the game is out. :)

SFLUFAN said:
"Im about to, like plenty of other peoples on this forum."

Alright - nothing holding you back now - don't let it hit you guys on the way out. It was getting too crowded in here anyway :p

I'm sorry, but I have been on these forums for a while longer than you. Granted, I haven't posted much but I have been taking a good hour or three browsing these forums everyday since about a month before I joined.

Now it's getting to the point where I am really getting bored with this nonsence, and you certainly aren't helping. Why must you have this attitude towards people who have been here a lot longer than you have?

I'm contemplating on making this site a weekly habit, possibly come here once every two weeks from now. This is getting boring.

I'm beginning to hate every member of this community with a passion.

Absinthe said:

Your avatar is actually showing your passion?

Absinthe said:

And we are supposed to care because?????.......

Well how bout if we all hate you back? Although I really do not like to "hate" people over the internet becasue 99% of the time they are not the same as in real life.

So I will go back to the "we are suppose to care because?????"

Aknot said:
And we are supposed to care because?????.......

Well how bout if we all hate you back? Although I really do not like to "hate" people over the internet becasue 99% of the time they are not the same as in real life.

So I will go back to the "we are suppose to care because?????"

Because the world revolves around me and my issues. I mean, jeez, isn't it obvious?

Absinthe said:
Because the world revolves around me and my issues. I mean, jeez, isn't it obvious?

AT THE VERY LEAST I am glad to see some of you with a sense of humor. :)

People get mad and say stupid things. We're only human....or so some people say. :borg:

Of course I'd still buy it, but I wouldn't be anticipating it nearly as much I don't think.

Aknot said:
Why, its just a game.

I use to put together LAN parties and we would have 10 to 12 people. The count started to drop. Then we could only pull about 4/5 after a time EVEN THOUGH 15 or more people were always interested and always wanted to be emailed about LAN parties.

I got to the point that no matter how much I loved having LAN parties it just wasnt worth the build up. People promising then not showing, not responding etc.

So I stopped. I still get people (same people) that ask and I tell them to have soemone else set it up. They never do.

What does this have to do with HL2? Well as much as I (think) love the game, its just not worth it anymore.

Im 40 years (well 39) old and while coming to the boards occasionally is nice I do not have the time nor the "drive" anymore to "wait" for this game if it will take another 6 months.

So yes I wont look silly.

As for coming to the boards, its called communication. Not me supporting the game.

what if 20 people showed up at you door asking to play a LAN game (HL2 being released) would you have a LAN Party (play the game)?

EDIT: I can't imagine that one person in this forum will not go and buy HL2 when it is released, no matter what you say.

Ive been waiting over a year to play this game, even if it takes another 6 months for it to come out (which would totally suck) i will still buy it.

i really won't buy the game, unless it comes out soon.
i have multiple mahcines, and multiple copies of most games, so LAN parties are no issue.

i have an ATI coupon. I'll play HL2 without ever really paying for it(well, maybe $30 or so outta the vid card price accounts for HL2)....

so, no, if things are the way they are, i will not buy the game. If the game is anywhere near as good as they claim, and the binks show....

but i think the game is far from finished. on, i know valve supposedly submitted a RC....but who says it was really a working start-to-finish version?

SFLUFAN said:

welcome to the forums, people here say things based on their personal opinions and sometimes.. just how they feel at the time.
as you are new, Im sure you missed the plethora of other threads saying exactly what you have.
Before you deem yourself as "right" and self-rightous on something, please at least use the search function, the boards here have the ability to search, and chances are since this is merely a redundant thread (they wouldnt be here if they werent buying hl2) its already been posted by someone.

welcome and enjoy your stay here at hl2.net

Absinthe said:

I still love you Abby :(

where did all these negative nancy's come from?
"blah I will not buy the game"..."blah this whole thing sucks".."I hate you/me/Valve/Vu/BLAH!!".....what is the average age here,3?seems to me most people here are just pouting like spoiled little kids that can't get the toy they want NOW!!!!! I am pissed at the POSSIBILITY that VU can delay HL2 (more)...thats all..you don't want it?good for you..I could care less..I still want it as do many others here there and everywhere..

EVERYONE QUIT CRYING AND WHINING!!!
just pretend its last week or 2 weeks ago when everyone was STOKED!!

Back