Are CE users being Shafted?

lol now that they have added the CE box to the gold package it seems that retail CE buyers won't even have the "cool" box for themselves(the only possible redeemign quality of the CE)...man retail CE better not be anywhere near the silver package in price and definitly not the gold package....what's that sound???

*shaft* *shaft* *shaft* ... :lol:

seriously though I'm getting oh so tired of Valve's marketing and pr strategies...someone should beat Doug Lombardi(if he's in charge of that part of the operation, which I think he is since it's his job(not that he's very good at it)) on the head with a trout and tell him that you make customers/fans buy the the more expensive packages thru loyalty and better deals, not by confusing and ****ing them over...

kaf11 said:
i too am now confused as to what to do. dod:s is really making me want to buy through steam, but i really want a boxed copy. that might make me want to keep my ce pre-order.

I feel EXACTLY the same way :eek:

Also I'm pretty sure i just read that the box that comes with the gold version is NOT the same version as CE.
Its just a box to hold all the crap you getting from ordering off steam.

Back