Are you buying through Steam or Retail?

Will You buy through Steam Or Retail?

• Steam

Votes: 61 32.8%
  • Retail

Votes: 125 67.2%

• Total voters
I need that box and manual! Oh and dont forget the CDs and casing.

When i buy via steam do i download it or something? Its a few GB so it'll take 4eva

I'm torn between the two... I really want the box, manual, DVD (I assume, collectors edition) etc... but I also would rather support the developers than the publishers, and Valve get a lot more money from a steam purchase. I don't know yet.

retail here :)
might actually be getting 2 copies.. a Collectors Edition and a normal edition.. although i don't really need the second copy right away :)

maybe later on once i have moved onto MP.. :E

I would rather get it thru steam- however when CZ came out, it was more expensive to buy off steam than to buy instore!

More expensive! :bounce:
Hard to believe really when there's no packaging , delivery costs etc..

Thats why I've already ordered mine online for £25, should get it within a day or 2 of the release but I've waited nearly 12months so a coupla days shouldn't kill me!

I'd prefer retail because I'd get everything that comes in the box.

I would rather buy on Steam... but if Steam price is going to be close to retail I will get retail.

as of right now i got 2 hl2 ati/key cards and one hl2 collector edi. preorder.. so i quess i will have 3 hl2 accounts, so i can hack and rage lol...
get ready boys :devil:

QUiCKSILV3R said:
as of right now i got 2 hl2 ati/key cards and one hl2 collector edi. preorder.. so i quess i will have 3 hl2 accounts, so i can hack and rage lol...
get ready boys :devil:
How is having three accounts any use to you? :p

In most cases you won't benefit at all from having 3 accounts... if you're getting the CE, the two ati keys are basically going to be redundant. You should put them to good use, like give them to deserving people (or sell them if you want money). I guess it may be handy to have two or three accounts if you have other people in the family who would want to play it (and have separate computers to do so) so you can all play multiplayer at the same time, but otherwise the extra accounts just go to waste.

I'll be buying through steam, unless there is some incentive (get it earlier/fancy CE) to buy it in the stores.

.bog.

Iced_Eagle said:
Ummm HL2 goes through Steam no matter what buddy.... It is integrated within all of the HL2 code most likely, so if Steam does go down, then you will need to find a No-Steam hack to play it.

I have the ATI Voucher so I'm getting it through Steam :bounce:

I'll bet Valve would release a no-authentication version themselves if that ever happened.

I'm buying retail, but Steam still haunts me- it hates me, and is guaranteed to ruin my plans; I quite frankly loathe the fact that you can't play a game SP when it's updating via Steam- but at least the latest patch seems to have stopped the "forced update" problem I used to get.

Edcrab said:
I'm buying retail, but Steam still haunts me- it hates me, and is guaranteed to ruin my plans; I quite frankly loathe the fact that you can't play a game SP when it's updating via Steam- but at least the latest patch seems to have stopped the "forced update" problem I used to get.

what is your avatar doing? im so confused heh

Man, is it really that confusing? Had plenty of people ask; it's Lennie the robot! Watch him wave his arms, and then vent his excess plasma to avoid a catacylsmic overload! Recently added functionality- a brief HL2-announcement in the form of a hologram to commemorate the statement that the preload would commence on the 17th! BUY NOW FOR ONLY £145,000,000! (We accept no responsibility for violent, gore-spattered rampages. Which wouldn't happen anyway, honest.)

Urgh. Still trying to wrestle with Steam here- I really, really, really hope that they add an option to permamently stop the games' individual options windows resetting to "Always keep this game up to date". Even without available content I lag to hell, presumably because that option makes Steam continually check for more data...

Edcrab said:
Man, is it really that confusing? Had plenty of people ask; it's Lennie the robot! Watch him wave his arms, and then vent his excess plasma to avoid a catacylsmic overload! Recently added functionality- a brief HL2-announcement in the form of a hologram to commemorate the statement that the preload would commence on the 17th! BUY NOW FOR ONLY £145,000,000! (We accept no responsibility for violent, gore-spattered rampages. Which wouldn't happen anyway, honest.)

lol. i see :thumbs:

Back