Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, you are all ghey for getting one.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • maybe or other (post below)

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

MarcoPollo

Reaction score
For those of you that dont already know, Garry is making you "donate" 5$ paypal to get an in game avatar. My question, did you get one?

Why would I? I would rather spend my $5 on something else.

That's one of the most retarded uses of $5 I have ever seen. It's even worse than a solar powered light with no battery in which to store energy until it gets dark.

$5 for a pic that any one can change? I could get some to hack the avatar for FREE.

Garry has REALY hit the line now.

MarcoPollo said:
For those of you that dont already know, Garry is making you "donate" 5$ paypal to get an in game avatar. My question, did you get one?

Did you? :O

Why should i?

I don't want to waste $5 on a boring avatar

I would rather keep it for something cool like a game or something

It's a donation. You're not paying for anything.

A donation isn't meant to be great value for money.

Rofl, are you thee garry? OMG I LOVE YOUR MOD ROXORS.

You do ban alot of people, which is funny.

It's a sad fact of life that the majority of people who download his mod are under 16/have a mental age under 16. People like that with the linguistic skills less than a monkey deserve to be hit by the banstick.

And yeah, it's a donation you're making. In theory, you shouldn't get anything back for it - you're supposed to do it out of the goodness of your heart, because Garry's making that mod free of charge, using time that could be better spent drinking/womanising/earning real cash.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
you're supposed to do it out of the goodness of your heart, because Garry's making that mod free of charge, using time that could be better spent drinking/womanising/earning real cash
Well, if I should donate $5 to every free mod I've ever played just because they could have spent their time on something else... I'd be poor.

That's as bad as paying for custom titles and larger avatars.

I'll give you a tip. Do not expect to get money for making a free mod. Nuh-uh. You would be lucky to recieve money for making a mod. (Damn those lucky CS makers.)

He's NOT expecting money for his mod. He's just giving the option for people to give if they want - hosting a website isn't free, you know.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
He's NOT expecting money for his mod. He's just giving the option for people to give if they want - hosting a website isn't free, you know.

-Angry Lawyer

Wanna bet? I got $5 saying I can name 2 dependable hosts that are free.

You should all be thankful for the opportunity to give your money to GaRRy. He's kind to small animals. Very kind. Loving, even.

Pi Mu Rho said:
You should all be thankful for the opportunity to give your money to GaRRy. He's kind to small animals. Very kind. Loving, even.

Kind and loving? Damnit, there goes the illusion of him being some super-angry guy who smashes people's heads like melons, and hits people with the ban stick so hard that they end up in next tuesday. He's not getting my money now!

On a seperate note - if you don't want to donate, don't If you think he deserves a few dollars for his time, then send it. It's not like he's charging per download. Just giving an oppertunity for donations. Natural Selection have a donations thing. It's no big deal.

-Angry Lawyer

It isn't, but it almost sounded like he was expecting to get money, or loads of money.
Maybe I just read it in a wrong way, but that is kind of how it sounded to me.

Wanna bet? I got $5 saying I can name 2 dependable hosts that are free.
Though non(well maybe there is 2 out there tops) are as reliable, give as much space and bandwidth, and features as a good paid hosting.

If I recall correctly, Flayra received $20,000 in donations for NS.

...And thus, I start a million dreams about earning money from a mod.

(And I might be wrong. Yesh.)

Well I post with Garry over at Somethingawful so yes I probably will. He's a great guy and we seem to get on fine so I have no problems paying him some cash for the great job he's done and do get something ingame.

Back