Are you good only at the maps you really like?

Are you good only at the maps you really like?

• Yes, I play only xx (wathever) maps, I hate the others

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, but I wanna be the One, no matter what, I'll work on it

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dont care, I'm too good, no effort, bring it on

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Dont care, I suck anyway

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
G

GomJabbar

Most maps require some dedication (for my part) to know every inch of it.
Spawn locations (items & players), strategic spots, ...
Easiest is to get good at maps you prefer.

I'm best at maps I know/ like

for example, lockdown :D

I try to be well rounded, but I like am better at my favorite maps like overwatch. I put "Don't Care, Suck Anyway" because it's true. :p

It's the other way around.

I only like maps that I'm good at.

I only seem to do good in big, open maps with little to no choke points or forced routes.

In CS:S however, it is the opposite. If I get out in the open in that game I am a deadman.

I like maps that I am able to take control of, which is possible on Lockdown for example, but not so much on overwatch. Naturally I'm better at maps that I can take control of, and that requires map knowledge, although i do quite ok on maps that I don't know to well.

One of the key strategies to all HL2DM maps is knowning where the weapons are. My rank increased drastically after I got to know where every weapon location was.

So, it's sort of a given.

It depends really, but I think I do well enough in any map once I find the crossbow, the AR2 and a consistent supply of armour.

I do consistently worse when the map is flat-out awful though. Be it killbox or city 14, I'll be too distracted by the suckiness to play right.

Mechagodzilla said:
It depends really, but I think I do well enough in any map once I find the crossbow, the AR2 and a consistent supply of armour.

I do consistently worse when the map is flat-out awful though. Be it killbox or city 14, I'll be too distracted by the suckiness to play right.
idd :)

Need some eye candy tbh :)

I am better at the maps I know, of course, but I just can't bring myself to actively spend time "learning" them or "practicing". I play the game for fun, not because I want to develop it as a skill. It's a game for ****'s sake.

I find it incredibly easier to play good on an unknown map in HL2DM than in let's say Quake 3 for example.

Back