Are you having doughts about hl2?

What is your opinion on hl2?

• The storyline will be disapointing and the Grahics will be amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IchI

Reaction score
These last couple of weeks new hl2 media has been released, after seeing these I was fairly disapointed. Some of the screen shots seem incomplete and also just out of place. Levels seem to be stuck together quickly and things just don't seem all complete. I know you could say.... yes but the game isn't complete. But think about it... why would valve release pictures that look bad? surly this would just give them bad feedback from people like myself. I am so confused at the moment. I kinda know in a way that hl2 will proberly 60/80% chance be a good game. But there is always that dought in my mind. I was wondering what everyone else views are on the current situation. I can see the single player storyline been good for most people. But what about the graphics engine? It's so weird at the momeny because every screen shot you see of the hl2 engine seems nearly totally different. Some seem complete and fresh... others just look like hl1 with higher quality textures and random mdl's stuck everywhere.

doughts? doughnuts? ;)

I point you in the general direction of the latest PC Zone. The account was detailed, and the guy that got to play it was very impressed and said the hype is well justified.

Do doughts have anything to do with dough? If so, what kind of dough? You really shouldn't eat raw dough... you could get salmonella poisoning!

you do know its spelled doubt, right?

anyway i dont have any doubts against valve well know for sure on the 12th...

aww i thought this thread was going to have something to do with the new post in the "valve discussion thread" :p

If he can's spell doubts I don't think his opinions matter. j/k but anyways I thought that the general view on the pics is that they weren't even meant for the internet.

Hehe, sorry about the spelling. Its weird how you can post before I even completed the poll system? lol.

You can only see the true graphics of Half Life 2 in real time with a radeon 9800pro 286mb

Scunna said:
You can only see the true graphics of Half Life 2 in real time with a radeon 9800pro 286mb

Its a pitty they don't exist :(

Scunna said:
LOL i gotta put that in my sig.. :D

Shuzer said:
We borrowed Titors time machine!

You meant to imply ownership. So it should've been, "Titor's" with an apostrophe and an s. You grammar's is being just as worser than bad as Mr. Doughts.

HL2 graphics = Bink vids or better. No further questions.

I have no doubts of Hl2.

i belive its gameplay and graphics will far surpass those of other games we are currently playing.

My opinion of valve however is a whole other story.

fizzlephox said:
You meant to imply ownership. So it should've been, "Titor's" with an apostrophe and an s. You grammar's is being just as worser than bad as Mr. Doughts.

It was a typo; I know how to type with proper grammar. Thanks, but you fail. FOR U R TEH SUX~!11!!1 lolz!~!
Anyhow.. thanks for pointing it out, really. I hadn't noticed.

Dougy said:
I have no doubts of Hl2.

i belive its gameplay and graphics will far surpass those of other games we are currently playing.

My opinion of valve however is a whole other story.

Thats.... well..... a bit of a stupid comment really. Because farcry has already surpased the hl2 graphics engine. I think even valve know that. But thats not really the whole point about why hl2 will be good. I am just making a point and correcting you :p

IchI said:
Thats.... well..... a bit of a stupid comment really. Because farcry has already surpased the hl2 graphics engine. I think even valve know that. But thats not really the whole point about why hl2 will be good. I am just making a point and correcting you :p

No it hasnt.

IchI, you've been the only one to vote against HL2 being a total & absolute MASTERPIECE!!!!

Well, I think the storyline will be amazing & the graphics will be good, not disspointing or amazing.

Shuzer said:
Hi, I'm Shuzer! I enjoy hunting inner-city orphans.

I was just joking. Anyway's people really overreacted to those screenshots. Oh no these look worse than the bink vids so that means the game must've gotten worse.

tell me in what way has the hl2 engine got better visual graphics than farcry, well except for its sprites and other small effects it has.

fizzlephox said:

May I show you this?
fizzlephox said:
If he can's spell doubts I don't think his opinions matter. j/k but anyways I thought that the general view on the pics is that they weren't even meant for the internet.

PWN3D!1 ;)

Oh, and even with the shots released recently I still know HL2 is going to be an amazing game.

EDIT: ROFL! I am really late.

IchI said:
Its a pitty they don't exist :(

lol! true!

Personally I think the graphics are pretty good considering you should be able to play HL2 with a dx6 card... And for those who have top #1 cards they can see the cool Dx9 effects, so I think it will be like HL or CS, when the graphics are alright and everybody can play it (well almost).

fizzlephox said:
I was just joking. Anyway's people really overreacted to those screenshots. Oh no these look worse than the bink vids so that means the game must've gotten worse.

lol, what's sad is, I accidentally stuck one too many ps in proper.. I edited my post, I demand you requote it :)

Anyway, I agree. I've lost no faith in HL2, infact, playing games like FC makes me want it more. FC feels like it's missing something.. not sure what it is, but it doesn't grab my attention quite like it did when I first started playing it. I haven't even gotten myself to beat it..

HL2 on the other hand, just reading that PC Zone preview made me want it right then

Sprafa said:
IchI, you've been the only one to vote against HL2 being a total & absolute MASTERPIECE!!!!

Well, I think the storyline will be amazing & the graphics will be good, not disspointing or amazing.

Well, thats kidna the whole point. Because I don't know anyone who didn;t think hl2 was going to be amzing, then you see screen shots of it which are just well... just good. Not amazing. So this leads to my disapointment. The poll was kinda misleading.

eraser said:
May I show you this?

PWN3D!1 ;)

Oh, and even with the shots released recently I still know HL2 is going to be an amazing game.

EDIT: ROFL! I am really late.

OMG I was joking. Don't you see the blatant disregard for grammar in the last sentence? I was referring to how everyone was talking about someone misspelling, "Doubts".

Hmmmm, I supose I have kinda forgoten about the blink videos. I might have to go watch them again, I can;t remember it was all the way back into september when I watched them. I must have forgoten what they looked like because people seem to think hl2 is still amazing :-/

IchI said:
Well, thats kidna the whole point. Because I don't know anyone who didn;t think hl2 was going to be amzing, then you see screen shots of it which are just well... just good. Not amazing. So this leads to my disapointment. The poll was kinda misleading.

The more and more I look at those screens, the more I realize the first 3 are the only ones with hugely fatal flaws.. besides, having played the stolen build, I know that HL2 will have some absolutely gorgeous areas

IF HALF-LIFE 2 still looks like it did in the dx9 video, its engine has already surpassed farcry's:) I think those screen shots may have been from a dx7/dx8 card.

fizzlephox said:
OMG I was joking. Don't you see the blatant disregard for grammar in the last sentence? I was referring to how everyone was talking about someone misspelling, "Doubts".

Don't worry man! I knew you were joking. That's why I put a ;) in at the end of the PWN3D!1.

Oh ok. I didn't know exactly what emotion that smiley was trying to convey. I saw it as being smug and glad about the fact that I was pwned. :frog:

IchI said:

Far cry has exceeded HL2 in your opinion.

i prefer HL2's.

just something about far cry thats so.... fake.

IMHO.

there should be more specific choices, I believe that the story will be kick ass, But I dont think that the graphics will be "disappointing". I think that the graphics will be great, with alot of new stuff, but to me, graphics arent everything....

Also do you people think of how great the following games will be after Half-Life 2 is released? TF2 (Team Fortress 2), CS2 (Counter-Strike 2), DoD2 (Day of Defeat 2), HSF (Hunt Shuzer's Family). I can't wait for them to release screenshots of those games running on the still awesome HL2 engine.

HL2 is going to suck. It won't be released until 2005. Its graphics suck now. Valve doesn't know how to tell a story. All the gameplay movies are actually pre rendered movies.

I didnt think the levels looked like they were just thrown together...

I think the game looks sick, but wait to play it first, and go eat your doughnuts.

And you dont need "286" mb or ram, 128 will do just fine.

coax said:
HL2 is going to suck. It won't be released until 2005. Its graphics suck now. Valve doesn't know how to tell a story. All the gameplay movies are actually pre rendered movies.

T to the R to the O-L-L

:)

Back