Are you having doughts about hl2?

What is your opinion on hl2?

• The storyline will be disapointing and the Grahics will be amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Meh, lets wait. We have no idea what HL2 the game will be like. We have had so much contradicting info about HL2 that I really don't know what to believe anymore. I know HL2 will be good, but how good? For every one thing that says it will be good, there seems to be something else that comes out and says the contrary. But, lets wait and see. And until then, Long Live Parallax* !!!

*I really need something else to obsess about

Why are all polls in this forum "marmite" polls. You only ever get two options for something you either love it and think it's the best thing ever and want to marry it and have its babies OR you hate it and it's so stupid you wish it was against the law. You can have middle ground you know.

As for the screenshots: They seem less impressive than the other ones, but we've seen what the engine is capable of.

To answer the poll question; I think Half-Life 2 is going to have a damn good story-line and the graphics are going to be quite good. Maybe not the best, but they definately won't be awful.

The Source engine does really impressive stuff related to physics and characters anyway. Both of which can't be shown in screenshots.

SMT said:
T to the R to the O-L-L

:)

I think the way he said it it wouldn't be considered a troll comment since everyone knows that comment's a joke (I hope he knows). Anyways is there such a thing as a troll hunter? An over-zealous fan who actually responds to the troll or maybe an informed person who easily points out the troll's false allegations or trollish intent?

Far Cry's characters suck...horrible...ewwww. :D

No, I've no doubts...I was not impressed with Far Cry's Image quality. I WAS impressed with the Unreal 3 Engine though! HOLY CRAP. :D

in the everlasting HL2 vs. Far Cry discussions, we should all have really wacky personalities we play... we can scare off any fanboy!

ok. Feath, you can be the guy who hates Far Cry more than anything else in the world. you will post variations of "teh far crY is worser then wolf3d.exe!!!11!"
Shuzer, you're the ass who picks apart the guy's post line by line with complex quotes, and says he's wrong after every line.
fizzlephox, you're the fellow who just posts "noob troll! go back to the far cry fanboy forums!!" after every pro Far Cry post.
I'll be the guy who makes really boring posts in the forums, and then sends sexual advances via PM... oh wait, that's me now . :|

:D

Hey, that website in your sig (Spiffae) doesn't work! I want to go to asteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasteriskasterisk .com. :(

I think the game looks as good as ever and the gameplay reports starting to appear in the media sound absolutely stunning. I think Valve is genuinely trying to deliver the best gaming experience they possibly can.

I expect nothing but enjoyment from HL2.

On a side note, can I be the guy who critiques people who praise Far Cry as the best game ever using snide remarks like "I saw that a while ago back when it was called Doom 3" and such? How about "I liked it better when the AI didn't dive into your grenades"?

Ahhhhh Far Cry, the FPS with no feel :p

Right on, nothing but enjoyment.
Valve has spent the last couple months doing nothing but tweaking and tuning, or so they say, which will provide excellent bug free gameplay, which is a good thing indeed.

Ugh, let's just keep FarCry out of this discussion. :)

Vegeta897 defends!

Rico said:
I expect nothing but enjoyment from HL2.

On a side note, can I be the guy who critiques people who praise Far Cry as the best game ever using snide remarks like "I saw that a while ago back when it was called Doom 3" and such? How about "I liked it better when the AI didn't dive into your grenades"?

Ahhhhh Far Cry, the FPS with no feel :p

Rico, I'm proud to honor you with the title, Sir Rico The Troll Hunter. You are hereby charged with defending Half-Life 2's honor and protecting the forums from the constant threat of troll raids.

Do I get a crowbar sent to me now? I have a few heads, erm, I mean, watermelons to crack this week.

teh far crY is worser then wolf3d.exe!!!11! i plyed teh demmo and tehyre was bad guyes and stuff but tey kill me bad!!!111one. the boots ware gud thro.

I voted for the first one.

I am Hoping thats my decision is right.....:s

The storyline will be disapointing and the Grahics will be amazing
You should have saved that for a doom3 poll, it would have made more sence.

Feath said:
teh far crY is worser then wolf3d.exe!!!11! i plyed teh demmo and tehyre was bad guyes and stuff but tey kill me bad!!!111one. the boots ware gud thro.

bravo :)

i nomiate you for actor of the year.

CrazyHarij said:
Yes I'm gonna have daughters with HL2.
rofl

Yes, Doom 3 would fit that scenario perfectly, no story, good graphics.

I've always felt Gordon was quite doughty for a meek looking scientist....

Anyways, I voted amazing on both counts. Story sounds awesome (more so after reading the new articles) and graphics at its very worst will be weak tech with awesome artistic design. I don't see any reason to have doubts.

Back