• yes

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • no

Votes: 101 90.2%

• Total voters

Locust

Spy
Reaction score
Are you in any way shape or form offended by the phrase "Merry Christmas" being used in department stores and carolers singing Jesus related songs in front of stores or in the mall? because personally I am sick and tired of the people who are offended by small things like that.

No I am not, even though I consider myself atheist I see nothing wrong with people trying to be nice to you.

Political Correctness has gone way too far, and I feel like smacking some ACLU people now.

Im offended by people who are offended by it.

be it all a time to come together, right now as we sit on our comfy chairs getting our stomach prepared for the day ahead, to have joy fun and all that good stuff

think of the homeless, out in this cold, starving,

all together now, merry xmas!

Christmas doesn't have to be about Jesus, Christmas is a day where we all come together to give and receive presents and to spend time with members of our family that we haven't seen for a while. Christmas is about celebrating family and friendship. Anyone who is offended by that needs to take a look at themselves.

:| I am offended about you making fun of my homosexuality.

I saw a rapping frosty the snowman. I am offended by that :|

Not offended, but I simply think it's just the pinnacle of hypocrisy with all this "pretend to be happy" and "peace on earth" crap.

in my country is not like in USA that the people sing songs in the streets

for the most part christmas is a non-religious holiday, even agnostics such as myself, celebrate it. It's almost completely lost it's religious aspect as many non-christian people celebrate it ..they should just change the name to "happy-fun-shopping-day"

CptStern said:
for the most part christmas is a non-religious holiday, even agnostics such as myself, celebrate it. It's almost completely lost it's religious aspect as many non-christian people celebrate it ..they should just change the name to "happy-fun-shopping-day"

Happy Fun Shopping Day, sounds like a Japanese advert for Christmas in Engwish :E.

No offense to any cool Japanese people :(.

no, in japan it'd be called the happy-sushine-happy-happy-fun-extraveganza-holiday-fun-shopping-day

I am glad they dont sing songs out in the streets here is sweden (well I havent noticed it at least). Becouse when it is christmas eve and you wake up at 10:00, remeber that you have forgotten to buy giftst for half your familiy that arrives at 13:00 and you cant find aspirin for that infernal headache, songs are more then you can handle.

insertcoins said:
xmas is a pagan holiday anyway which is a good thing

what the hell, xmas is not a pagan holiday... while it does share the same day as a pagan holiday, it isn't one itself. despite the popular belief, dec 25 was NOT decided because of the egyption sun god.

*abconners hurls* How could you be offended by Christmas Grey fox? Are you some kind of a moron! *wipes vomit off upper lip*

I voted yes to give the poll some sass.
In other news, Christmas is really just "gift season" now.

I'm jewish and liberal, and it doesn't offend me. Evangalists- yes, but not christmas tunes.

Although they ARE annoying as hell.

Christmas doesn't offend me, but it is quite possibly one of the most annoying times of the year.

Now Easter, Easter is pretty offensive...

It's not necessarily offensive, but shouldn't be forced upon everybody. You wouldn't want employees and others greeting you with gushing "Happy Kwanzaa" if you didn't celebrate it. Like I said, "Happy Holidays" works for everybody.

insertcoins said:
xmas is a pagan holiday anyway which is a good thing

pagan: people against good and normality

From Blues Brothers :D

I'm offended by jesus taking all the fun out of Share Awesome Swag With Your Loved Ones day.

I only get pissed when the jesus ppl tell me to stop smokin pot in their church...
Jesus smoked pot.

I hate how everyone sings carols on TV over and over and over and they show Simpson 'christmas' episodes older than time itself and christmas related puns that retired back in Nam are used by uncool and unpopular news readers

I prefer Happy Holidays I don't like christmas especially made up fantasy of baby jesus birthday, and why baby jesus? he is 2000 years old corpse!!!

Back