Are you romantic?

evil^milk

Tank
Reaction score
Romantic as in, thinking about doing thoughtful and creative things for your girl/boyfriend. Like rape and stuff

What kind of things do you find romantic?

Lordy lord... I started a thread like this ages ago. :O

I'm a romantic at heart. Doesn't always mean I will be thinking of romantic things to do though. May never do any!

HELL no.

It's basically against my particular human nature.. Not by choice, I might add.. I'm just too manly to be girly. Sad part is - I'm not joking.. :(

Not at all. I don't believe in love at first sight, I doubt whether love itself exists (I think it's something acquired over time - a relationship of convenience), I don't believe that people are destined to be with each other.

So no.

Love is a chemical reaction in the brain that drives two people to copulate, produce an offspring, and then remain in a monogamous relationship for three to four years to co-operatively raise said offspring, before parting ways to produce other chemical reactions in the brain with other people.

Then again, love sometimes forgets to stop when it's supposed to.

Only need to play some video gaymes and you've got yourself a free sex.

I used to be very romantic, and not in the stupid cheesey typical way, but the really clever thoughtful/unique way, now I am more moderately romantic. It really depends how much I like you. To much romance spoils the hell out of people, then they take it for granted.

I!!! Am very romantic thank yous much. I love showing my affection in the traditional ways or doing something wierd, which is more my style... like putting the kitchen gnome in the fridgyrator and when Mom freaks out and throws it away i tell her i love her, then save the gnome! when shes not looking of course... *teehee*

I am fairly romantic at heart.

In a very practical way.

When I think about it, the average person wouldn't find me romantic. It's just that I've been lucky to date women who are as strange as I am so they greatly appreciate my ... weird romantic-ness
I just realized Zombieturtle's avatar is off of American Graffiti today as I walked into BestBuy and noticed the exact same chic, exact same pose, on the cover of the soundtrack. Doesn't have anything to do with romance, I know, but I thought that was cool. BTW: I'm not exactly keen on romance, I'm more like Pepe LePew.:D

I just realized Zombieturtle's avatar is off of American Graffiti today as I walked into BestBuy and noticed the exact same chic, exact same pose, on the cover of the soundtrack.

By 'American Graffiti' you mean 'Amelie'?

Romantic as in, thinking about doing thoughtful and creative things for your girl/boyfriend. Like rape and stuff

What kind of things do you find romantic?

Romanticism is for punk emo teenagers who have yet to discover that "the one" is in fact a self harming abusive miserable making ever so perhaps emotionally immature bint who when you break up with her starts stalking you for over a year+ and sill counting. :)

What?. :|

By 'American Graffiti' you mean 'Amelie'?

Ugh, my ex forced me to it through that. Actually it wasn't a bad movie, but any remotely chic'ish flick a partner forces you to watch automatically becomes naff for those few hours.

I used to be a nice boy, then I had a serious relationships and seckz and stuffz.

Then I wasn't as nice a boy.

I guess I'de have to get into another serious relationship to check and see if I am still capable of romanticism, but in all honestly my last ex used up all reserves and desire to sentence myself to 5 years hard relation.

Casual is the way to go, you scratch my itch I scratch yours, were both happy and no tangled up emotions to hurt each other with, and best of all, not nearly enough emotional feedback to build up enough critical levels of addiction to release the dark evil demon of obsessive inability to accept its over, in all its horrible demonic forms. :)

I was once, but it's pretty much been stamped out of me by a series of crap girlfriends who ended up taking advantage of me.

I'm pretty bitter about it, especially because it also destroyed my ability to do poetry, and therefore by extension song lyrics. And I need to write lyrics or I'll be stuck singing covers for the rest of my life.

-Angry Lawyer

I don't see the logic in romance.

I used to be all into it, but now, nah.

I don't see the logic in romance.

I used to be all into it, but now, nah.

There is no logic in romance. :p

I was once, but it's pretty much been stamped out of me by a series of crap girlfriends who ended up taking advantage of me.

I'm pretty bitter about it, especially because it also destroyed my ability to do poetry, and therefore by extension song lyrics. And I need to write lyrics or I'll be stuck singing covers for the rest of my life.

-Angry Lawyer

Aw. Read books, read poetry. Go out to places you wouldn't normally, and write about what makes you different, but the same (universally). There's material everywhere you look.

Oh god I'm romantic. I don't know if it's a girl thing because I am a bit girly and that, but I love all that romance stuff.

I hate cheesy though. Not into cheesy. But if you like someone enough then nothing seems cheesy I guess.

No, unless you include copious amounts of fondling in public places (not in obvious plain view, mind you).

One of the perks of a casual relationship is being able to avoid having to deal with the emotional bullshit (e.g. romanticism).

Even if you're in a casual relationship, I think you can still be romantic. You don't have to be in love to be a romantic. LOVE SHMOVE.

(love is awesome)

You could... but why bother? Part of the reason for having a casual relationship in the first place is that we don't view each other as serious partners. Putting forth extra effort to get the same results as minimal effort is a bit redundant, no?

At least, that's my view.

You could... but why bother? Part of the reason for having a casual relationship in the first place is that we don't view each other as serious partners. Putting forth extra effort to get the same results as minimal effort is a bit redundant, no?

At least, that's my view.

I've been in casual relationships where there was effort put in. Not proclamations of love or a single red rose or any of that bullshit, but being taken out to dinner etc. Just little things like that.

I don't know, when I think about romance I don't think of love. I think about sex and fun and all these good things that you can have in a casual relationship, a fling or whatever. That's what makes it fun and exciting.

I'm easily melted by romantic songs, I have to admit. And not cheesy romantic or boyband stuff, but the stuff that's meaningful.

Like Sky Blue and Black. Absolutely beautiful song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-oTsRPpF4

If a woman managed to get that song to play and then asked me to dance, I'd probably marry her there and then.

-Angry Lawyer

I've been in casual relationships where there was effort put in. Not proclamations of love or a single red rose or any of that bullshit, but being taken out to dinner etc. Just little things like that.

I don't know, when I think about romance I don't think of love. I think about sex and fun and all these good things that you can have in a casual relationship, a fling or whatever. That's what makes it fun and exciting.

Well ok, I didn't mean putting in absolutely no effort in. Part of the 'minimal effort' I referred to includes basic things like occasional movie , dinner, etc.

It's going the extra-mile that I'm opposed to in a casual relationship.

E.g. Why take a girl to an expensive high-end restaurant with an amazing view when you can settle for a mid-range restaurant with just good food?

My ideal romantic evening would be spent drinking oolong and playing video games. Then sexual intercourse.

Drinking a rabbit? :(

E.g. Why take a girl to an expensive high-end restaurant with an amazing view when you can settle for a mid-range restaurant with just good food?

What if I like expensive high-end restaurants with amazing views as well?

Because sometimes it is just nice.

Also you probably increase your chances of like, ****ing her in the ass or something.

Back