Area 51 Demo[PC]

Anyone played the original Area 51? It was one of those games where you don't move the camera, you just point and click to shoot the enemies and stuff. Like House of the Dead. Good old times playing that. Now that it's a regular FPS it's not even worth it. It's not Area 51 anymore, it's an FPS like all others.

ok personnally, i have spotted a problem with some recent console games that is also made for PC. It happen to this one and also to the republic commando, the first person view is like a little "zoom in" or something, i have turned the resolution to the maximum and everything to maximum, but things seem to be too close to my view. I'm not sure whether is a just personnal problem or a problem that is shared by many. Well i will get back to css.

Why do I keep getting the feeling that I am playing F.E.A.R?

The game is pretty awesome, the main menu could use a little more work.
Other than that, the game is awesome.

Newbie's Journey said:
ok personnally, i have spotted a problem with some recent console games that is also made for PC. It happen to this one and also to the republic commando, the first person view is like a little "zoom in" or something, i have turned the resolution to the maximum and everything to maximum, but things seem to be too close to my view. I'm not sure whether is a just personnal problem or a problem that is shared by many. Well i will get back to css.

I totally agree, and it's one of the things that REALLY turns me off these ports. If i crank it to 1800 X 1440, there is NO ****ING REASON why it should feel like my character is stuffed in a telescope. This game = poop.

Newbie's Journey said:

felt the same way...espacially when weilding double machine guns...
another game that did this was that game with the "blind shooting" which they seemed to think was an totally awesome feature...but it wasn't...the end.

If the intro video wasnt as good as it was then I would be pissed for downloading such a crappy game.

Average Xbox review is 76%.

Average reviews all round for this puppy.
Except GameInformer, that is, they gave it an 8.5, but they also gave Enter the Matrix an 8.5 and Rome: Total War a 7.0-7.5.

They suck

What a bunch of junk. I tried the demo and it was crap. I was really looking forward to this game too. :frown: Oh well.

Sparta said:
Average Xbox review is 76%.

Average reviews all round for this puppy.
Except GameInformer, that is, they gave it an 8.5, but they also gave Enter the Matrix an 8.5 and Rome: Total War a 7.0-7.5.

They suck

Enter the Matrix 8.5? Oh please, it's a horrendous game :|

Well I said earlier in the thread that I wouldn't even try this demo. Well I did end up trying it. What a pathetic piece of trash. This was one of the worst demos I've ever played. It looked, played and felt like absolute crap. The kids who only care about shooting things might like it, but I'm not a part of that group.

To this day I have yet to play a quality console to PC port. This game is definitely no exception. Quality console to PC ports don't exist in my opinion and I will boycot every single one of them from now on.

a good console to pc conversion is silent hill 3...looks great, runs great and i had no bother with it bug wise at all

Back