Aren't we forgetting about the ATI deal?

H

Hawk8250

Something is just still a little wacky with this whole situation. Sure, a delay is most likely possible now. However, I wouldn't think it would be for very long... mostly due to the new ATI 9800XT being bundled with HL2 and available through retailers by mid October. So... here lies the question. Are they delaying it to meet up with the ATI release? Is this one of the biggest hoaxes ever? I guess we'll soon find out. Post your thoughts... let's keep this a constructive thread. Criticism is fine as long as it's constructive.

the card will likely just have a voucher for the game....the game wont be ready to ship with the card.

That actually makes sense too. If the XT is available mid-october, the game may be then too...

Added: Well, if they were originally aiming for sept 30th, then they shouldn't be too hard-pressed. It may just come in oct.

I'm still saying that it will come out no later than mid-October.

That's a bit off topic, and obviously fake...

Frizz, which do you say is coming out in Nov? The graphics card? In that case, it makes perfect sense for everyone. VU gets the holiday release, ATI gets the card out near the same time as the game, and the only disappointed people are the impatient ones.

you know what's funny, had the gamershell thing been posted first everyone would be thinking the game would've gone gold instead of delayed.

Get on topic. Its obviously fake because no company would send a press release to a single website.

Does anyone know when the 9800XT does come out?

VoidWraith... it has already been stated that after the initial release of the 9800XT on the 30th, that they will be available in retail stores 2-3 weeks later. Thereby making it available in mid-late october. So a few more weeks isn't going to kill us. Besides, I don't see ATI blowing $8 million on a game that won't be available to ship with their product. But, that's just me.

its not going to come out mid october more like late nov or later... they said they are thinking of it going out in the holls.

The card will come with a coupon for a free copy of the "Standard" version of HL2. (SP+MP)

Yeah, likely $399 for 128MB variation and $499 for 256MB variation. Wow, I wish I wasn't in college and broke.

Hmm i got $150, i might save for it. I want max graphics, and i dont think my GF2pro 64meg will cut it.

Originally posted by Alphy
The card will come with a coupon for a free copy of the "Standard" version of HL2. (SP+MP)

Where did you get this info?

Originally posted by MrMethane
Where did you get this info?

it's common sense, the game isn't done, the cards will be shipping before the game is done, so they bundle a voucher or coupon with the card to get HL2 when it is released.

it happened with uhm unreal i believe, it was supposed to be bundled with a voodoo something or other, but ended up being a voucher cause the game wasnt done.

No I mean the info that its the standard version of HL2 and not some crippled one.

Originally posted by Hawk8250
I'm still saying that it will come out no later than mid-October.

I'll give it the possibility of late October, likelyhood of mid-November, and aww-f***itude of late December.

P.S. An Unreal Tournament voucher came with the voodoo3 3000.

I think the msrp was $399 for the bundled version

edit:wow was I ever late on that reply! sorry :p

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
October isn't exactly the "holiday" season.

There is an holiday in the Netherlands in october :p.

I've always considered mid-Oct to late-Dec the holiday season.

I hardly think anybody is going to buy a graphics card just cause it has a voucher for HL2 in.

and having spent $8,000,000 I think they would want to bundle an actual game not a piece of paper. Unless ATI are as stupid as Valve marketing peeps

I think the 9800xt will be out around the middle of october, just in time for Max Payne 2 and XIII. Half-Life 2 will probably be here by late November. Since ATi was paid to have all tis HL2 bundle stuff, we'll likely get a voucher for the game. Or, maybe they'll wait for Loki to bundle HL2?

My bet is if the game isn't finished, they'll get a several level demo AND a voucher for the full version when it's released.

there will NOT BE A DEMO of half-life 2 before the game is released, this has been stated multiple times.

i would guess hl2 will be out in november, if not then in october. if they are pushing it back they may as well release when vivendi originally wanted them to, which i believe was around Nov for holiday season

"the card will likely just have a voucher for the game....the game wont be ready to ship with the card."

Why the hell do you keep saying that? I am betting the game, maybe a stripped HL2, bundled with the card will be available before the actual retail date. I think it would be pretty f***ing stupid to have a voucher for the game.

uh ATI just like AMD do not do "PAPER Press releases" like Intel and Nvidia do, ATI will have the event on sept 30th, after that you will see XT cards in stores, alot of review sites already have the card (but are under nda untill the 30th) and even SOME stores have the XT in stock. this was posted on anandtech.

When things are packaged with video cards, they don't strip them... Plus, if the card comes out first, whoopdeedoo, you'll get a mail-in-rebate for $50 from either company when you buy HL2. Either that or you'll get it in the box if they come out about the same time. I hope they don't release it with the card first, because then I couldn't have it when everyone else does...

"I hope they don't release it with the card first, because then I couldn't have it when everyone else does..."

Well, it wouldn't be everyone, I doubt everyone wants to shell out close to 400 bucks for a new card.

If I could get HL2 with that vid card I wouldn't mind shelling out $400 for it.

Originally posted by ilove64
"the card will likely just have a voucher for the game....the game wont be ready to ship with the card."

Why the hell do you keep saying that? I am betting the game, maybe a stripped HL2, bundled with the card will be available before the actual retail date. I think it would be pretty f***ing stupid to have a voucher for the game.

we'll see, we'll see.

umm hello.... anybody home?

if the game still isnt out by the time the card ships then common sence says you wont be able to buy the bundled version till HL2 is out

:dozey:

besides why pay like £200 more for something that will give you like 5 extra frames a second over the normal 9800.

hell even the 9600 only has 10 less frames than the 9800 and its £150 cheaper.

i can live with just under 50 FPS and an extra £150 to spend on a better processor or one of those raid motherboards

*drools*

Back