Art of Ascension Alpha v 0.9 Released

A

Azlan

Art of Ascension is a free RPG modification for Half-Life 2. Art of Ascension combines the spirit of online role playing games with the faster battling pace of classical first-person shooters. Players increase their character's level and enhance their abilities by battling to gain exerience. With higher levels comes training points to upgrade their weapons and attributes.
[br]</br>
One of the coolest features this mod has is that you get to keep your player file when you leave a server. The server saves it for you and when you come back you get to start up where you left off [br]</br>
New features and fixes for v0.9 include:
  • v0.9 server:
  • All ammo pickups grant 5 Mana Points
  • Alchemy level 10+ now increases Max Mana Points
  • Alchemy level 35 grants Create Health
  • Alchemy level 45 grants Create Health Trap
  • Alchemy level 60 grants Create Armor
  • Alchemy level 90 grants Aura of Invisibility
  • Charisma 10 grants Pogo Jumping (you need the v0.9 client to use this command)
  • Stamina level 40 grants HP Toughness
  • The Mana cost of flying increases the longer you remain flying in the air
  • Lower Mana cost of flying to 3/second at 70
  • Agility, and 5/second at 90 Agility
  • Increase wall armor charger capacity to 100
  • Increase normal armor pickups to 25
  • Add 'denied' sounds whenever attempting an action you lack the ability to do
  • Take frag ratio of victim into consideration for determining experience points
  • Increase all armor strength by 25%
  • Change weapon Grenade base to 100 and per-level to 6
  • Change weapon RPG per-level to 3.5
  • Change weapon Shotgun per-level to .2
  • Change weapon SLAM base to 50 and per-level to 4.5
  • Do not let +speed misleadingly make the speed sound when you lack the ability
  • Fix HUD display of HP over 500
  • Fix issue where a player with no spawn weapon set would cause the scoreboard and stats to display incorrectly
  • v0.9 client:
  • Flash the Mana hud element when Mana changes
  • Miscellaneous hud tweaks (always display hud elements, even when at empty or full)
  • Make non-overriding default config
To download the Alpha, click here.
[br]

This mod sounds pretty sick, reminds me of the Brain Bread rpg style. I'll definately give this mod a try soon.

Oh, it's basically a modified HL2DM? And I got excited...

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
no servers

They list 3 on their website.

This seems fun, anyone know what's the learning curve is like? If it's easy to pick up and no complicated stuff then I won't mind downloading.

Too bad no servers...I got it d/led and all..was hoping to try it out , maybe later tonight.

Yeah, if you want to run a server, you have to make a request first. I guess so that the AoA dev can link you up to the stats server.

Back