Article: Bush tried to convince French President Chirac by citing biblical apocalypse

MuToiD_MaN

The Freeman
Reaction score
According to this article, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible's satanic agents of the Apocalypse. It happened in a phonecall between the two leaders as Bush attempted to appeal to their common faith as Christians.

“Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.”

Article Link

If this is true, it just figures that we would be finding out about it now, when the guy's long since out of office. Though I've known that most of our Presidents have been (allegedly) devout Christians, I've always just assumed they paid the faith lip service for votes. Perhaps this was wishful thinking? I know we didn't require any more proof that religion fuels more evils than it supposedly helps (this news coming extremely near the news of the new Blackwater allegations), nor did I need another reason to be glad Bush is out of office.

Having said all this, the article has the smell of fabrication to me, but regardless I wanted to beat Stern to the punch :naughty: I guess we'll see if it gets carried by more sources later.

I'll take Lunatics in high Places for $100 Alex

What lunatic in high places said this:

"Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East... The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled.. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people's enemies before a New Age begins."

was it ..

A. A random christian lunatic
B. a well known christian lunatic who has at his disposal enough weapons to bring about the apocalypse
C. George Bush
D. All of the above

I'll take Lunatics in high Places for $100 Alex

What lunatic in high places said this:

"Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East... The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled.. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people's enemies before a New Age begins."

was it ..

A. A random christian lunatic
B. a well known christian lunatic who has at his disposal enough weapons to bring about the apocalypse
C. George Bush
D. All of the above

Its C Obviously. God, what a stupid question. What do you think this thread is about?

Article seems fake.

Nevertheless, i would have supported the Iraq war if Bush had warned us that the apocalypse was coming. The weapons of mass destruction excuse was always boring.

Back