Artistes or bands' songs you would to hear on future Half-Life games

Reaction score
What songs by which favourite artistes or bands do you want to hear on Half-Life 2?

My choice:
Nine Inch Nails
Underworld

What about yours?

anything by the spice girls would be divine

I'd like no mainstream music in HL, thanks.

i'd like to hear Dream Theater. they are incredibly talented, and hve alot of varity in their songs so you could always find something for the peticular scenario your in. also there songs are usually 8-15 minits long, with very little vocals.

I'd like to hear some hardcore in HL2, but since there won't be any I'll just have to run winamp in the backround

Nope, nothing. Just like it the way VALVe does it now.

paul oakenfold and bt. now how much would that rule.

I think NIN or Aphex Twin could both do a very good soundtrack, since it's fairly ambient stuff anyway. Chris Vrenna (formerly of NIN, now of Tweaker) did an amazing job with the sound in Doom 3.

SixThree said:
I'd like no mainstream music in HL, thanks.

Same here. It would absolutely ruin it for me. =[

Speaking of which, I was dissapointed that Hoobastank, Incubus and Breaking Benjamin made tracks for Halo 2. =/

i think NiN music would fit right into what the HL series has.
of course theres also a slight bias in my observation but theres no denying that it could work :p

yes just what I was thinking NiN maybe some tool? dunno, not too much lyrics though.

boom boom satellites would fit in pretty perfectly.

tbh, metal isnt a good choice for hl, becaus there is not enough brutal action

No mainstream music. Half Life is suppose to be immersive not annoying. If they put anything even close to NIN in it I would throw the game out the window. Then I would realize I could just turn off the music and I would go and get it. NIN is crap!!

Heh, NO mainstream music..... except Firestarter - Prodigy for Ravenholm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

just the specially made techone score is good for me. What iv heard so far is good.

Manowar: warriors of the world United
Metallica: Sanitarium
Metallica : Seek and Destroy
Slayer: Hell Awaits

and more ;)

If I had to choose it would be something that is almost entirerly instrumental and nothing too happy pappy, maybe God Speed You Black Emporor!, Mogwai or Explosions in the Sky. Overall I think the choice to go with a techno/electronic soundtrack adds to atmosphere. It's definately something you'll find more often in the former eastern block and european countries than what is here state side.

aphex twin is a good band for halflife, the aphex twin guy can make some very ambient type tracks that just sort of blend into the background. That is, if he is aiming for that sort of thing, alot of his other songs can fall into the dreadfully annoying category.

As for hardcore type music. It would ruin the game. The music is supposed to immerse you, not make you feel like you are driving down the street with your stereo turned up.

I liked it best where in the orginal hl the music would start up, the fade away after a short bit. It wasn't anything overtly anoying

As for hardcore type music. It would ruin the game. The music is supposed to immerse you, not make you feel like you are driving down the street with your stereo turned up.

I guess it's just preferences...I like to listen to music as much as I can. I'm always carrying my CD player or MP3 player around.

Some pink floyd for the xen/space travel parts (if there were any :( )

Korn, Shinedown, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold and InFlames.

Well, over the credits maybe some heavy, you know, "deep" choir song, like the end of matrix revolutions. But in-game? No thanks. Just whatever VALVe thinks is good will do.

Incubus did some cool stuff for the Halo 2 soundtrack, but it didn't sound commercial at all - you can hardly even tell it's them. Naturally, I'd like them to repeat their music for HL2, but it's never gonna happen...

The game is a sci-fi epic. Get the orchastra who did the music for Lord of the Rings. From what I've heard of the music, it needs to be more dramatic

Anything Mindless Self Indulgence ;)
but I'd prefer Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile but just the music, no voices ;) ohhh gettin hard already

Orbital is friggin amazing at soundtrack.. I don't know if any of you guys watched Keen Eddie when it was on, but he did that it just had a vibe that would be perfect for HL2.. really modern and rapid fire.. That would tight

Gordon's Beard said:
What songs by which favourite artistes or bands do you want to hear on Half-Life 2?

My choice:
Nine Inch Nails
Underworld

What about yours?
my guitar

Back