Artistes or bands' songs you would to hear on future Half-Life games

I liked the techno style music you hear when you are driving the buggy in one of the Binks. Although I'm not a metal/rock fan I liked it in Painkiller when I was jumpin' n killin'. But those music doesn't fit well in HL2 with it's atmosphere and gameplay imo. So some tracks made by Paul Oakenfold or Dumonde would be cool. Imagine how the track Southern Sun by Paul Oakenfold will sound like during one of those epic battles. Or DJ Tiësto with Dallas 4 PM or Battleship Grey, that fits well into the dramatic HL2 sphere too.

Vinnie_NL said:
Although I'm not a metal/rock fan I liked it in Painkiller when I was jumpin' n killin'.

Painkiller! The song not the game!

But seriously, somone suggested Dream Theatre, I think that's a good choice. Halo 2s soundtrack has Steve Vai playing on it, sounds very cool!

Children of Bodom

(just kidding, not in HL)

Maybe some symphonic sounding power metal or some classical for some parts, but i'd stick to the OST. Nothing more.

Sideswiped said:
If I had to choose it would be something that is almost entirerly instrumental and nothing too happy pappy, maybe God Speed You Black Emporor!, Mogwai or Explosions in the Sky. Overall I think the choice to go with a techno/electronic soundtrack adds to atmosphere. It's definately something you'll find more often in the former eastern block and european countries than what is here state side.

This man knows what he's talking about.

I know I will be hated for saying this, but

slipknot and rammstein and Faithless
Mwhahahaa.
I would love to bust zombies open on SK music background

bat_lyubo said:
I know I will be hated for saying this, but

slipknot and rammstein and Faithless
Mwhahahaa.
I would love to bust zombies open on SK music background

Go ahead.
Turn on winamp while playing ravenholme(turn off the ingame music though.)

And yes you're hated now.
Only good band you listed there is Faithless, but even that's pushing it. :hmph:

Barbie Girl - the german version by Rammstien.

Erm this is a very hard one...

Some Dire Straits songs , Telegraph Road, Brothers in Arms
Pink Floyd, some intrumental parts might fit, Shine on you Crazy Diamond

I dont think this idea will work at all though, it needs its soundtrack written escially for it.

All I want to hear on future half life games is an original soundtrack.

Back