Assassins Creed problem please help

Reaction score
when i run the game i have no video, i can hear the sound and the game load and the advertisements.

but i have no video. a white screen flashes, and then it goes to a black screen. then 10 seconds later a white screen flashes, while i can hear the audio.

can anyone help?

amd 3500+ 2.2 ghz.
1gig ram
asus x800xt Platinum edition
win xp pro.

any help guys? any fixes?

Does it do that for any other graphically demanding game?

Believe it or not, those specs are kinda low for AC.

all other games run perfectly

doom 3 worked well, farcry works, crysis works. hl2 on max settigns works. tf2 on max works.

i do not know why this one does not work.

ive read a few forum posts about the same problem, but no fixes have been posted.

i fear the only fix is to upgrade to the new generation cards =(. and i dont wanna spend money.

dual core is a requirement i believe

also you need a pixel shader 3.0 card

d
This is probably the issue.

A lot of games are requiring the Shader 3.0 function from video cards now. Not just to enable some cool effects but as a requirement. My brother has a x800 and he couldn't play the spiderman 3 PC game. Same reason.

dual core is a requirement i believe

This is the issue. Goddamn Unreal Engine 3 games like Bioshock, AC don't work on ATI < X1000 cards as they all only have PixelShader 2.0. Sorry dude, bad luck then. You can upgrade your card.

I bought this game last week for pc and I was still able to return it. I purchased from EB games. Might as well try return it if you don't want to chip out too much cash.

huh...its out on PC already?

YARRRR RAISE THE SAIL

Back