Assault RELEASED! AND MORE

Downloading now.

# Players automatically raise their weapon and aim through the sights when they stop to fire.
# Weapon-specific reload animations with removable ammo clips added
# Shotgun reloads animate each individual shell reload
# Animated the bolt pull for each shot of the AWP
# Added upper-body recoil animations for shotguns and AWP
# New grenade throw and knife animations

Cool.

OMG D0NE! I'll see you guys on teh intarweb!

Im not to keen on the new T skins,I have to keep double checking I aint shooting me team mates first.Im sure I will get used to them though.

i like the new map though

The t model takes a bit of getting use to imo, seems a bit plump, i preferred the more slender models of past. And the run animation seems abit slow for the speed they travel at ...

But i like the extra animations for the weapons.

Although i reckon the animations suit the CT better than the T.

has anyone noticed that the ct and t models look shorter

I saw this in the update news : Players automatically raise their weapon and aim through the sights when they stop to fire.
Does that mean that I can aim with the iron sights like in call of duty? If yes, how can I do it?

mAArdman said:
I saw this in the update news : Players automatically raise their weapon and aim through the sights when they stop to fire.
Does that mean that I can aim with the iron sights like in call of duty? If yes, how can I do it?
No, it just looks like that to other people.

I just played cs:s and i really don't like what they have done in teh latest update. The players look far too short, and the way they run looks dodgy. I was wondering if there was anyway of using the older models so it looks like it was before the update, because after playing it for 20mins, its already putting me off playing it even more, which is a shame cos its a damn good game.

If you used the old models the hitboxes would be all screwed up, so if you were shooting at their head it would completely miss, because the new models are about a whole head shorter from the old ones. Also the animations probably wouldn't work right. I don't see why Valve had to make such a drastic change in height, it's incredibly noticable. I played for about and hour today, and I'm pretty much used to it now, but it's stupid that they change it so much. It would be fine if the made them 2 or 3 world units shorter, but they seem sooo different from the old models. Not to mention that the new T-model is way uglier than the first one.

I love the new update, except for the fact that the warehouse in assualt has WAY too much crap, which greatly kills my fps when I'm inside of it.

The new assault has blown me away! Look at the attention to detail!!
I love it and want to thank whoever made it! (I forget his name)
Source is heading in a great direction. Every update they are improving all aspects of the game. My only minor complaint is that the new models look kinda funky and move kinda weird but it's still cool and the t model is badass!

Im wondering if they gonna use this to make a custom assault :)
CS_ASSAULT_UPC :)
i loved that map !! if any map guy ciuld work on that :)

It sucks that the hoist/winch thing doesnt move when you shoot it:rolleyes:

love the new souce assault :)
hopefully this means other remakes being well made as well :thumbs:

its really excellent, and its got some new gameplay too.

MILITIA NOW PLEASE!!

Im angry they got rid of the cameras for cs_assault . That was the main cs_assault feature

Pauly said:
Im angry they got rid of the cameras for cs_assault . That was the main cs_assault feature

oh..i didn't notice that.
yeah...they should have kept the cameras :(
Cliffe, if ur reading this, u know what to do :p

Realbase said:
Im wondering if they gonna use this to make a custom assault :)
CS_ASSAULT_UPC :)
i loved that map !! if any map guy ciuld work on that :)
Oh, I loved that map.

I remember I played on this server that 24/7 played it. There were these stats and I was trying so hard to get first :p

Dr. Freeman said:
oh..i didn't notice that.
yeah...they should have kept the cameras :(
Cliffe, if ur reading this, u know what to do :p

huh waht camera ive never noticed a camera

jonesey2k said:
It sucks that the hoist/winch thing doesnt move when you shoot it:rolleyes:

I was saying to a couple of guys:

"I wish you could operate that crane... just as a CT rushes in, you could hook 'em in the neck and drag him across the map."

Dr. Freeman said:
love the new souce assault :)
hopefully this means other remakes being well made as well :thumbs:
Cmonnnnnn Oilrig! (ducks flak from angry rational people)

I find the terrorist model a little too similar to the CT model now, am loving the new animations and my first impressions of assault are positive.

The new T model has LIPSTICK on. It's a fact. I looked at it in model viewer, he has lip stick on. I am not shitting you.

as_oilrig FTW

giant384 said:
huh waht camera ive never noticed a camera

in the original cs_assault there are cameras by the hostie room which allow u to see outside sections of the map.

in the source version there are no cameras...i think there should be cameras tho.. it was a unique thing about assault and should have stayed :|

Dr. Freeman said:
in the original cs_assault there are cameras by the hostie room which allow u to see outside sections of the map.

in the source version there are no cameras...i think there should be cameras tho.. it was a unique thing about assault and should have stayed :|

And give the T's more of an advantage then they already have? Great idea! :rolling:

I think the new update is a positive thing. I also think Valve wants the average CS:S player to open up to change rather than hiss at it. Every update I hear about how they ruined counter-strike (remember the shield, famas, and galil update?) but it's always as good a game as ever. They only want to make it more fun, and they know what they are doing too. They do this for a living, you know. [note: I don't mean to bash anyone]

Well, the heighth change they really messed up. I mean, in the new Assault, I saw a CT go behind a box. I crouched waiting for him to pop out. Because of the heighth differences, he WAS standing and COULD see me... headshot.

Amaru said:
And give the T's more of an advantage then they already have? Great idea! :rolling:

assault has always been a advantage T's map...and hey, if u and others have a problem with that.. don't play it.. simple as that.

i can think of a few advantage CT maps...so i think it all works out in the end.

Dr. Freeman said:

hmm i have no idea y i have never noticed that in the 1.6 version

giant384 said:
hmm i have no idea y i have never noticed that in the 1.6 version

hmm....i haven't played 1.6 in a long time now so i don't know if the cameras still exist in that version...however in earlier versions there were cameras in assault right by the hostie room.. u know that area where u duck and go to the other side of the warehouse? basically on that wall.

Dr. Freeman said:
assault has always been a advantage T's map...and hey, if u and others have a problem with that.. don't play it.. simple as that.

i can think of a few advantage CT maps...so i think it all works out in the end.

I knów assault (and indeed a lot of the other maps) is an ''advantage T's map'', but that doesn't change the fact that you can give one of the teams an even gréater advantage then they already have..

I also never said I have a problem with it as it is now, but I think the advantage is just enough..

Don't think so black 'n' white man..

edit: And for the record, I love assault. It looks so f-ing great man, when I first played it, my mouth was open for a good 3 minutes. :D

The two doors on the side of the building balance it out completely.

Amaru said:
I knów assault (and indeed a lot of the other maps) is an ''advantage T's map'', but that doesn't change the fact that you can give one of the teams an even gréater advantage then they already have..

I also never said I have a problem with it as it is now, but I think the advantage is just enough..

Don't think so black 'n' white man..

edit: And for the record, I love assault. It looks so f-ing great man, when I first played it, my mouth was open for a good 3 minutes. :D

look, im sorry if i sounded harsh or something but the fact of matter is.. one team is generally gonna have an advantage in certain maps... and i suppose part of the fun is trying to complete the objective in those current situations...simply put, Valve won't be able to please everyone.

as for assault with or without cameras.. all i know is assault had the uniqness of the cameras and the truth is, its not gonna make or break the map if the feature were to be in this version of assault.

edit: oh yeah i forgot about the cameras in the CT van.

Back