Assault Rifle

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Err.. dunno if im ment to post this or not but bah im bored and i havnt been told not to.

Well some guys are doing a deus ex remake or somthing like that and i was some what "contracted" to model the assault rifle. I thought i would redesign the whole thing because its summer holidays and well i got nothing better to do :)

I went for abit of a chunky version, make the thing look like its got abit of power to it. Pritty high polly count for what it is, around 2700 but i think its mainly due to the wholes on the cooler part on the frount of the weapon.

Also gun running in deus ex!! :LOL: just kidding! Its just kind of a comparison picture.

And a cople of badly spelt concept drawings.

C+C welcome.

Attachments

• Assault Rifle5.jpg
    Assault Rifle5.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 266
  • Assault Rifle6.jpg
    Assault Rifle6.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 239
  • deus_ex5b .jpg
    deus_ex5b .jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Assault Rifel.JPG
    Assault Rifel.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 214
  • assaultrifel left.jpg
    assaultrifel left.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 225
kind of polygon-esque. looks kind of like a toy. i think this has to do with the texturing...so make it a little more metallic and it should be alright. by polygon-esque i mean that round thing on the side obviously has 8 sides....add more sides to make it look more rounded.

it looks like a cross between a g11 and a m16/m203 .... nicely modeled id love to see the textured version.

Actually, it looks exactly like the one in Deus Ex. The whole game is kind of stylized.

WAR_Nuker said:
kind of polygon-esque. looks kind of like a toy. i think this has to do with the texturing...so make it a little more metallic and it should be alright. by polygon-esque i mean that round thing on the side obviously has 8 sides....add more sides to make it look more rounded.
It's supposed to have 8 sides.

mrkab00m said:
It's supposed to have 8 sides.

Yay someoen said it for me :) thats what i was about to say. Thanx for comments tho, al seem pritty positive.

It looks great Stormy! However, I'm afraid your work is for naught. No one is willing to help, so the mod has been offed. Sorry.

hehe, tbh i didnt think much would happen with the mod but modeling and designing game me a little project to do for a wile :)

So ummm free weapon model if anyone wants it for somthing.... PM me.

Back