At last - Sept 30th Confirmed by VALVe at ECTS

AcousticToad

Reaction score
Valve's Greg Coomber insisted Half-Life 2 will hit the shelves on September 30th as planned, despite widespread fears that the game will slip.

Speaking at Earls Court this morning, Coomber admitted "it'll be tight, but Half-Life 2 is still on for a September 30th ship".

Footage at ECTS, same old, same old. nothing new. but as the article says: "keep focused on finishing the game"

Great News. In your face, EB Guys.

Also, does anyone else remember this?:

Attachments

• fragproof.jpg
    fragproof.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 835
hahahaha! i gott a free copy to :D from some guy who owns a gamestore dident believe hl2 would come out on time! hahah lol

Well until I hear it from gabe or erik I will have my doubts. Better yet, when I hear the game has officially gone gold, I will believe it. Games usually ship out a few weeks after going gold, so valve has roughly about a week or two to finish it if its going to make that ship date.

Originally posted by DjBourgeoisie
Well until I hear it from gabe or erik I will have my doubts. Better yet, when I hear the game has officially gone gold, I will believe it. Games usually ship out a few weeks after going gold, so valve has roughly about a week or two to finish it if its going to make that ship date.

13th of September is the reported Gold Date.

It's nice to finally get some official confirmation.

Looks like PlanetHalfLife's fragmaster will be making good on his promise to dress up as Gordan Freeman and hand out free copies. I can't wait to see the video!

Can't wait.
Hope it won't be on fileplanet so i'll have to wait hours to see Fragmaster.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

/me sits back in utter relaxation counting the days towards 30th Sept.

:cheers: :cheers:

Great news!

I guess they are going to dump all the media on us in the last few weeks before release... we already know steam is getting the update needed to buy hl2 in less then 2 weeks :)

I am once again very excited to see what may happen.

That has made my day! Great news. Anyone emailed gabe for confirmation?

AcousticToad do you have a link to the article?
Cheers

Now everything is going to start moving again. In the next month we have Steam coming out of beta, 3 new videos, other mods enabled on Steam, and much much more on HL2. Ahhh, and the fun begins.

If this is true I am going to upgrade my PC next month.....

I am trying to sell my daoc accounts to get money for a vid card :(

HELL YEAH!!!!!11! That pwnzerzkljdskafhajs Seriously though that really kicks ass except that now I'm gonna have to upgrade sooner rather than later. I might still hold out for the R400, but maybe just till the R360 comes out. Man this is such good news; it makes me want to pull my pants off and shake my balls around - they so sweaty about HL2 now.

All these peeps excited about new videos - well we are pretty certain they're going to be strider, buggy, and the tech demo. So nothing really new, but that's the good thing. Now that I know that I'll be playing this game in about 33 days, I don't want anything new. In fact, I might not look at any half life related media for the rest of my wait. I'll probably stop coming to the boards once the game goes gold, and probably won't be coming back until I beat the singleplayer game. MAN MY BALLS SO SWEATY!!!! LOL

/me shakes balls all around

I LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOW I CAN REST IN PEACE !!!!

Originally posted by Feath
13th of September is the reported Gold Date.

Mwahaha, the perfect birthday present for me. ;)

I want you all to know...I love you guys. I love you Hish. I love you abl1221, even though you're a post whore...I even love you, Gorgon. *sniff*

:cheese:

Thank god, no more idiots posting delay threads with their own little made up rumours.

WOWOW

13 September or 30 September??
You guys are saying other thing. (Maybe i am wrong, sorry for that)

WOW, i am so happy. Now i need to get a new Pc earlier. I need to get my mom so far she will pay a little bit of it :cool: :cool:

Is this REALLY true?? Has Gabe really personal confirmed it, or has anyone send a e-mail?

:bounce: :bounce:
WOW!

Oh there will still be idiots making those posts, not as many probably.

Anyway...

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sweet! Only 4wks 5days 7hrs 3mins 43secs left

Holy crap, I cried when I read this :D

Now I can laugh at all the non-belivers!

Re: WOWOW

Originally posted by Kenny
13 September or 30 September??
You guys are saying other thing. (Maybe i am wrong, sorry for that)

WOW, i am so happy. Now i need to get a new Pc earlier. I need to get my mom so far she will pay a little bit of it :cool: :cool:

Is this REALLY true?? Has Gabe really personal confirmed it, or has anyone send a e-mail?

:bounce: :bounce:
WOW!

Sept 13th is the gold date, 30 is the release date.

Originally posted by The Mullinator
Oh there will still be idiots making those posts, not as many probably.
And at least now when the idiots start talking, we have some definitive information to shut them up!

Oh wow! I'm so suprised

NOT

I knew all along all the rumors about it being delayed was bull sh!t. Than gosh everybody does now

Originally posted by Mountain Man
And at least now when the idiots start talking, we have some definitive information to shut them up!
Very true, very true.

/me pats Mountain Man on the back while happily sobbing uncontrollably.

I just woke up, the first thing I saw today was this amazing news. I think today is going to be a good day. :)

I went into a GAME store today.
Me: "Hi, Will you guys here be offeing your £15 off HL2 like on your website?"
Sales Person: "Sorry we don't match our website prices"
Me: "Okay, Thanks. Not like it's gonna be released soon anyway"
Sales Person: "Maybe"
Me: "Nah it won't"
Well sod's law!

im so Freaking happy guys i realy cant wait :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :

No press release, no release date. We've had reliable sources (Gabe & Erik) tell us the wrong date about the videos almost every time one came out. I would love to hear that HL2 is coming out 9/30, but they still have the opportunity to delay the game.

Originally posted by Demonmerc
No press release, no release date. We've had reliable sources (Gabe & Erik) tell us the wrong date about the videos almost every time one came out. While I would love to think HL2 is coming out 9/30, but they still have the opportunity to delay the game.

Don't be such a pessimist

Back