AT&T - The Truth Behind The Combine

Lobster

The Freeman
Reaction score
Note: This post is a light hearted piece of randomness, i feel we needed one.

I believe that the "Combine" are infact the alien augmentation of the telecommunications company "American Telephone & Telegraph" and i have proof! Watch the Tenements video again, when the Civil Announcment system kicks in, just as gordon walks towards the second flight of stairs, I believe it says..

"Attention Residents, Miscount detected in your block, Cooperation with your civil protection team, Will result in ration reward"

An innocent announcement from an oppressive regime pehaps, But now copy that line of text into this link.

http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html

Set the Voice to Audrey .... UK English, and hit Speak.

COINCIDENCE!!? I think not.

My HL2 timeline theory.

- Gordon dissappears.
- Black Mesa destroyed huge telecommunications surge leaves only AT&T standing.
- Strange "offshore" funding makes the company boom like never before.
- So much infact the world economy collapses.
- Strange Alien craft lands in europe.
- New chief of AT&T Dr. Breen becomes human face of invading alien Race.
- World enslaved by AT&T and Alien combined force.
- Gordon returns and finds its really really expensive to make a phone call

Think about it !!

I hope you enjoyed my small pile of bullshit.

That speaking thing is really kool, i wish Microsft Sam sounded like that... i tried downloading other voices once, but it didnt really work. I had 1984 in microsoft reader too :(

mine wont work. stupid quick time
edit: got it to work, i just need to refresh the page every time i put something in. that is pretty close to the voice in the game.

Haha wow, I always used to play with that Voice labs demo.

Damn it sounds exactly the same, especially the way she says "block"

good bullshit though.

Copy what is within the "" leave the " out of it or it will crash.
Same voice.

"Name, I want you to **** me in my ass. Please sick your cock up my pussy and cum."
Damn, I wish she was my girl. lol

No

Thats means nothing, its just talking about the security guards in your block, and, if you read the cast list, you will find that the voice of the women is "The overwatch"

hey, nice find about the voice thingy :D

but sadly it doesn't prove your theory. IT just eans that valve probably used the sound :p or if anything, it means that AT&T are working with the combine as thier official communication company/<insert appropriate term here>

Lol! That is fantastic!

I spot a vox generator for my next mod!

That's silly, everyone knows that AT&T are the Empire from Star Wars. They themselves even refer to their corporate logo as the Death Star. I'm not kidding.

Roofylake, posting such vulgarity as that can get you banned i'm sure.

roofylake said:
Copy what is within the "" leave the " out of it or it will crash.
Same voice.

"Name, I want you to **** me in my ass. Please sick your cock up my pussy and cum."
Damn, I wish she was my girl. lol

LOL! That made me crack up! HAHAHA!

main engine warm-up cycle initiating. eighteen seconds. closing maintenance passages. beginning coolant circulation. fuel cells activated. system-error buffer loading. done. navigation programs loading. done. human to eh-i communication you-i loading. done. warm-up cycle complete.
The only voice that can do that without problems is Audrey, UK English. I had to change AI and UI to ten-character strings to make it work for the other English voices :D

And yes, in fact I do have too much time on my hands.

Good old Audrey.

I wish there was a Shodan one though. On an unrelated matter, for anyone who has seen I, Robot - did that Viki AI seem like a complete ripoff of Shodan? I thought so, I knew she was up to no good from the start.

Back