At which point should we give up hope...

Mr-Fusion

Tank
Reaction score
for a November 1st release date?

I'd say if it doesn't go gold the week starting on the 17th we can cancel hope.

Your thoughts?

im tired of hearing about this, every month people think its coming out the next month. lets just wait patiently.

I've been waiting patiently for more than 12 months.

The time for patience has ended. The time for incessant whinging has begun.

i stoped even thinking about half-life 2 untill about a week ago ... then i seen cybernet on tv and thay said a little about hl-2 ..GRRRRRRRRR i was doing ok untill i seen that ... now im haveing hl-2 dreams again lol

Didnt you hear? The Half-life 2.php IS Half-life 2 =P

nah im kidding, stop screaming

Mr-Fusion said:

WOW! 12 WHOLE Months.

Woop De Doo. I've been waiting 6 years.

I can afford to wait a few more months.

Automatic Kafka said:
WOW! 12 WHOLE Months.

Then you should get a life :p

Automatic Kafka said:
Get a life guys. Your life should not revolve around a single game.
You're so right... at least two games :thumbs:

So if someone has a life revolving around more than lets say 3 games has a life?

Mr-Fusion said:

Problem is, the whinging and anxiousness have been constant for that entire 12 months, making threads like these a dime a dozen, and all the more sigh-inducing.

It's not long now, chaps. Hang in there. :)

Logic said:
Problem is, the whinging and anxiousness have been constant for that entire 12 months, making threads like these a dime a dozen, and all the more sigh-inducing.

It's not long now, chaps. Hang in there. :)
I hope you are right...
I think I can I think I can :imu: I think I can I think I can :imu:
But yea. It should be out soon. If not :hmph: I am going to be mad. I have to start back to school in 3 days. That break went by too fast. Well I guess the school work is going to have to take my mind off Half Life 2 :rolleyes:

I'm not sure we're going to hear about gold (from the Lombardi Q&A it sounded like there were rejected RC's), so let's just hang on in there. I thought it was coming out September last year, so I'm not committing to any date this time :)

i really hope not HL2 delays until 2005..

She said:
thank you for the insult.

I was hoping for that when i joined these forums..

YOU ARE !!!!!!!! i have nothing against you , you're just crazy!!!

Since when was November 1st considered a possible release date? The last firm date reported was towards the end of November.

Yeah the last "confirmed" date was something circa November 26th. But that flirts with December which flirts with 2005...

You just have to wait and see--speculation makes things worse for both you and relations on these forums, as has been evidenced by this thread, no?

Mr-Fusion said:
for a November 1st release date?

I'd say if it doesn't go gold the week starting on the 17th we can cancel hope.

Your thoughts?

Fusion, hope for 1st of November is slowly fading away, it's already October 9th, and reading that Doug Q & A it doesn't look like we have a final rc yet. to avoid dissapointment i will try to think of a late November/december release date. it shouldn't sound all that bad, after all we waited all this time.

but the current flood of reviews and how they all say it's soooooooo increbible just makes u jump up and down all day:bounce:. the misses thinks ur crazy, ur friends think u've finally gone wacko :rolling: , ur boss is about to fire u for sleeping on the job after spending all night on these forums :x (& installing hl2 wallpapers on the company servers).

maybe it's a good thing not all games r as good as this one, otherwise we would really not have a life at all!!

HOPE HAS BEEN REVIVED!!!

WOOHOO!

Wow, i was really onto something here...

When will people accept it. November 23rd. Makes sense from a retail point of view. Gives VU time to print enough copies to meet demand which is going to be massive. It's not that long to wait, after a whole year of waiting

"hope is the first step to disappointment" - librarian from dawn to war!11

be carefull :G

Mr-Fusion said:

lol

I love you!

Automatic Kafka said:
WOW! 12 WHOLE Months.

6 years? u tell fibs

Why are muppets so quick to jump in and moan about people posting about release dates etc... Fare enough people who talk about Shops etc giving different dates but this is a forum about HL2 so why not talk about it. If you dont want to answer a question about a date dont bother and stop flaming...

Personaly I think his thought was okay.

i've been waiting patiently for more than 12 months.

halo 2- 3 years
doom 3-4 years
warcraft 3-3 years (at least)
duke nukem forewver- 7 years
fable- 5 years

don't complain.

Back