ati and valve conspiracy?

D

destaccado

Ati releases their 9800xt which is supposedly the "best card for hl2" and the game isn't coming out until april. Lol, funny I wonder how many people got suckered away from the 5900u and went for an ATI card. I don't have to wonder much because a few days after seeing the hl2 bmarks I sold my fx5900u and bought a 9800pro which in the games I usually play (homeworld2, war3) actually works worse....so now that halflife2 isn't coming out until april and doom3 comes out in march(supposedly)/ (which supposedly runs better on nvidia), I can't help but marvel at the great job of pulling the wool over everyone's eyes that ATI has accomplished. Good job ATI have a better card for dx9 then your competitor but by the time (good) dx9 games are out the new releases of graphics cards will be out and who knows who will be on top then. All I know is I am no longer going to pay for hl2, I will "borrow it" from a friend.

Reasoning like this is why I worry about the longevity of mankind.

Yes, the people at ATi are holding their bags with dollar signs on them and playing with their handlebar mustaches, giggling all the while.

Don't forget tieing a damsel to the train tracks, Salmon.

I just joined the forum for this thread.
This has become way out of control. The 9800 XT has FAR superior shader and DX9 preformance. There is no question about it. There are benchmarks that show it gains around 20fps over the 5900U in some DX8 and DX9 games, and DX9 benchmarks. It's fact.

True. But I still love ATi. I understand you being mad, but you can't only blame ATi, but valve, ATi wont release the game in April.. Valve will. I took my vacation during the end of September and it never was released.. now April? F.uck that, beta it is.
On a good note: Catalyst 3.8's will be released tomorrow.

Obviously you're new, Eliza, otherwise you'd know your opinion is about to be invalidated by a wave of flames because you're a "headcrab" ... :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't think we have enough handgun accidents in this country.

So my towering intellect will do nothing for me here, is what you're saying?

Yeah. You're not smart unless you've got a big post count..

Oh yeah, everyone knows that spamming "OMG STEAM IS SUX" and talking about how much you hate valve is much better than anything intelligence can grant you.

So true, so true. I'm really screwed because I can't even master the finer points of |337 speak. I keep messing up and using real letters. =\

Originally posted by Vanthem
Obviously you're new, Eliza, otherwise you'd know your opinion is about to be invalidated by a wave of flames because you're a "headcrab" ... :rolleyes:

Fortunately, most of the regulars seem to be too busy clamoring to download the beta to focus on such petty matters.

Heh, it would have to be the one time I actually said something wouldn't it..

the hl2 engine is optimised for ati cards however now the source has ben realsed wouldnt suprise me if nvidia do a little reasearch into how to improve frame rates with there next set of drivers..

Wasn't so much a case of being optimized expressly for ATI, but more about the fact that Nvidia's cards have some serious problems with DX9 and pixel shading.

Back