ATI Catalyst 4.11 Drivers Out

AMAZING

With 4.12 beta, here is the stress test result/Max settings on res 1600x1200

93 fps!!

:hmph: Wait, I want some clarification, both 4.11's and 4.12 BETA are out. Which one is better? I WANT THE TRUTH! YES I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Nex321 said:
AMAZING

With 4.12 beta, here is the stress test result/Max settings on res 1600x1200

93 fps!!

:bounce:

What's your system specs?........

itd just be nice to know what you got before you tried the 4.12's nex

poseyjmac said:
itd just be nice to know what you got before you tried the 4.12's nex

Ah I see, I was getting about 80 fps before

Wow. Are the 4.12's really that good ? Gonna download straight away. Can't wait to check the stresstest result :)

I gained about 9FPS in the VST by switching(and, uhh.. reinstalling/formating XP + new nForce drivers).

1280x768 w/all settings on high AA0x AF0x: 107FPS w/9800 Pro 128MB clocked @ 416/720

Im scared, my friend downloaded a catalyst beta and it feckled up everything, he had to format his system. I aint about to format my system any time soon. Just wondering how safe 4.12 beta is :)

Idonotbelonghere said:
Im scared, my friend downloaded a catalyst beta and it feckled up everything, he had to format his system. I aint about to format my system any time soon. Just wondering how safe 4.12 beta is :)

It's working fine for me. Haven't tried it out ingame yet.

'Tis working fine for me and my 9800Pro - my FPS seem to have stabilized quite a bit in object intensive maps like Office. I didn't bother with the VST as I was downloading a large file at the time which woulda screwed the results.

Also had a play on Aztec (water effects), also seems to have improved.

Allso a reminder cpu is holding your fps down if you have X800 XT PE, if you had lets say a FX-55 then you would notice atleast 8 fps increase. Why? because before even if you had like 5000+ you would still get around 80 fps since the cpu isn't limiting you but the card is (that is if you have atleast 4000+)but now since the card is better you'll get both gpu and cpu increase. Lets say you have a midrage cpu but high end graphic card you would only get a little fps increase since the cpu is limiting you. Confused? no? thats good. And I am talking about the VST, of my own experience.

Wow. The new Cat 4.12's increased my VST result from 94fps (4.10's) to 102fps.

Settings: 1280x960 4xAA 16xAF Everything on high.

That's quite an increase.

ive got a 13fps increase here at 1600x1200, only problem is the spinning shader blocks are now fading in and out of visibility. anyone else experience this?

Athlon XP 2600+, 512 MB RAM, 9600 Pro

4.10 = 40.70fps in VST

4.12 = 42.10fps in VST

Meh.

The 4.12's cause the walls to ripple and the boards at the begining flicker!

Im using 4.11's but I only get 60fps because my fps is locked at 75 :/ I read I need to turn off v-sync out of the game, I did (I thought) in the ati control panel but obviously not (someone take a screen?)

I have a Radeon 9600XT 128 MB and when I tried to install the 4.12 beta I got an error message saying that the Radeon 9600 series has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatiblity with XP. it also states this could cause problems with my comp now or in teh future.

does 4.12 not support anythign below 9800? or is something wrong wtih my system? or should i just ignore that warning and go ahead and install....?

[46] pushit [2] said:
I have a Radeon 9600XT 128 MB and when I tried to install the 4.12 beta I got an error message saying that the Radeon 9600 series has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify it's compatiblity with XP. it also states this could cause problems with my comp now or in teh future.

does 4.12 not support anythign below 9800? or is something wrong wtih my system? or should i just ignore that warning and go ahead and install....?
ignore it. The only drivers you "won't" get it with is the old and outdated drivers M$ includes in SP2.

It supports your card. ;)

OMFG I LOVE THE 4.12 betas!!!! I used to get 40ish fps looking at water in t spawn in chateau in server alone(all max settings), now I get high 70's!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY.

I am getting around performance I used to get with 1024 x 768 with 1280 x 1024

EDIT: Dark Elf I highly reccomend these drivers, I had to change my pants after I saw the increase :naughty:

I can report the same tging that everybode else is seeing with the beta 4.12, massive gain i cs:source. The best thing is that the minimum fps have increased drasticly making the experience so much better :)

After trying out the 4.12's in-game I find that I get better fps using the Omega 8.07 Beta drivers.

Im using them - the 4.12s cause problems for me (flicking textures, missing boards).

I have a Sapphire x800 pro.

same here. ive been trying to find out who else gets this flickering problem, so far only me and azzor i guess. i just formatted, installed the 4.12 betas straight off, and i get the flickering still. this is strange.

Back