Votes: 80 77.7%
  • Nvidia(State Which Card.)

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Other(State Which.)

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Darkknighttt

Reaction score
I think im going nvidia again. I'm going to get a geforce 6800 ultra, i know that the x800 series is probably better with hl2 but imgoing with nvidia because i have never seen a company with ATI preferred graphics on it, and i want my new card to last a long time and to be good with future games. And 6800 ultra has dx9.0c and x800 doesnt. So i think im going with Nvidia.

Actually, I've seen quite a few games that had ATI Preferred Graphics. Ghost Recon to name one of them. As for x800 over Nvidia 6800, thats a tough choice. I could have swore I seen the x800 beating the 6800 in benchmarks though, maybe I'm wrong. Me? If I had the $ I'd go x800, but that is just because it doesn't take a huge power supply and tons of room like the 6800. Hope it works fine for ya

ati radeon 9600 256mb....oh by the way i was on a deathmetal forum and we had a videocard thread and there are 512 and even 1024 mb radeon cards....must be powerful ne way thats all

I had geforce 2, then geforce4 ti4200, and then I was going to get my first ATI ever - x800 Pro, but since those are so hard to get I just ended up buy another nvidia on monday - 6800 GT and I am very happy with it. It was actually a tad cheaper than x800pro and it's 16 pipelines + ps 3.0. hurray !

well you cant really go wrong with either card (x800 series vs 6800 series). both series are very top notch, so i think it just comes down to personal preference. i am goin with an ati x800 xt platinum though, just gotta get a hold of one first!

ATi Radeon 9700 128MB. OCed to Pro.. not sure if it performs the same as a pro, but it's OCed and pretends to be a pro!

ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128 is teh shit. only cuz i have it of course.

Ati 9600 Pro 128 ram :)
i haven't installed my newly purchased 9800 Pro yet but it will get done.. just haven't had much time :)

if i had the choice between the X800 and the 6800? i'd go with the X800 simply because i don't have a power supply thats 400W+ and i definitely don't want a video card taking up 2 slots :p

That's no longer an issue with the retail cards, Freeman. :) They work on lower wattage PSUs and take up one slot. Depends on the brand you buy, obviously, though..

Dr. Freeman said:
Ati 9600 Pro 128 ram :)
i haven't installed my newly purchased 9800 Pro yet but it will get done.. just haven't had much time :)

if i had the choice between the X800 and the 6800? i'd go with the X800 simply because i don't have a power supply thats 400W+ and i definitely don't want a video card taking up 2 slots :p
I'll take that 9800 pro off you hands for you free of charge if its not much of a hastle to install. :D

You can find the x800 pretty easy. I found tons at newegg.com though I didn't buy one.

Radeon 9700 Pro 128mb....it gets the job done. I want to save up money to buy a card with 256mb though.

brink's said:
I'll take that 9800 pro off you hands for you free of charge if its not much of a hastle to install. :D

lol dude i didn't purchase the card to sell it :p
and Shuzer i didn't know that...still though a person such as myself could easily make that mistake and not even know to look at the brand and such.

Radeon 9600XT 128mb, tho right now i'm pretty cpu and memory limited, i have a p4 1.5ghz and 256 megs of pc800 Rambus, i'm building a new tower soon, gonna transfer my 9600XT over to it, or grab a 9800 Pro if i can scrape the cash together.

I have a 9600xt but I'm getting sick of it, I'm gonna buy a 9800 pro or xt in about a month.

My first real graphics card was purchased around a year after GTA 3 was released on the PC. I needed something with 32 Mg graphics and I had a lousy card with 16 Mg. I ended up going with ATI because it was cheaper at the time and the company had become the #1 leader in Video Cards.

Two years ago I bought my new computer (state-of-the-art at the time) with an average Radeon 9100. ATI has been good to me and I'm not going to switch to NVidia any time soon. Their new cards are still behind ATI's, they lie about their benchmarks, and their new cards require more space and power than ATI's.

When I upgrade in the next few months I'm going to stick with ATI. I highly recommend them over NVidia.

ATI Radeon X800 XT PE

If the game doesn't run smooth, the game ain't finished !

iamaelephant said:
I have a 9600xt but I'm getting sick of it, I'm gonna buy a 9800 pro or xt in about a month.

how and why are you getting sick of the 9600xt?

Wow, talk about a landslide. :D

My ATI Mobility 9700 has been serving me quite well. :)

I've had a GF2, GF4, Radeon 7500, AIW Rage 128 pro in the past (not in order).
I had driver issues in BF42 with the GF4 right before I bought a 9800pro.
Absolutely love that 9800pro.

I just feel ATI gives you more value over just FPS. They perform great but they just give you a quality experience as well. Everything was smooth when I operate an ATI gfx card. No texture errors or slow down in the games I play.

I just bought a 6800GT since we got them in at Compusa and I've had some texture issues with Farcry (of course it's 1.1), when testing 3Dmark2003 and playing some other games. The frame rate is great but it can dip from time to time to almost similar performance that my 9800pro gave me with AA/AF enabled. (Guess HardOCP's 'Gameplay' reviews really hold true. ;) )
I'll give it some time so they have a chance to update drivers and fix issues but I am debating about transfering in me an X800pro or XT PE instead. :\

The 6800GT was the only Nvidia card I had considered because it had performance over the X800pro at normal Resolutions. Too bad I love playing with AA/AF.
I do like the game profiles though. Don't get me wrong, the 6800 series is an awesome card but it just might not be for me. 3DFX's mentality isn't either. :p
We'll see how it goes though. It's still early.

If your wondering, I don't have tons of money...I just work at Compusa. ;)

i got a GeForce FX 5200... and yeah... it sux... i doubt it will run HL2 properly...

Had my 9800 Pro 256MB since October last year - had some initial problems with it, but all was good once I fitted my loverly Arctic Cooling VGA silencer!

Might upgrade to something with more beef if the newer games require it..but for now the 9800 Pro runs everything I play - wonderfully so may I add?!

I have an nVidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra. I buy nVidia because of their superior Linux support. ATi's Linux drivers suck, to put it charitably. Besides, my FX 5700 has been able to handle everything I throw at it. It plays Far Cry like a dream, and I get great performance under Linux in Unreal Tournament 2004. I expect it'll do just fine with Half-Life 2.

As they say, "No worries, mate."

Radeon 9600 Pro. Although nowadays some Radeon 9800 Pro cards are almost the same price. I have a Radeon 9600 pro now, but I think I'll be upgrading to 9800Pro, along with some other major changes like a new processor.

Letters said:
Wow, talk about a landslide. :D
Well, it's hardly surprising on a board for a game whose developer has slagged off nVidia (even though I think he was talking out of his ass to help ATi sell more product, and it seems to have worked).

i have a ATI radeon 9800 XT so i think im ready for some HALF LIFE 2!!!

I've had a Ati Rage Pro (2000) Nvidia GF2 MX 400 (2001) Point of View GF4Ti4200 XP 128 MB 3.3ns (2003, and holy shit that was a bad ass card, wipes its ass with any Ti4600, performs better than a 5700 Ultra and about 3/4 of a 9800 Pro, the fastest GF4 out there) and now a Sapphire 9800 Pro 128 MB

i just ordered a computer and well they didnt have too many nvidida choices, so i was somewhat forced into an ATI. however i coudlnt afford a new nvidida anywasys so i got the ati radeon 9800pro 128mb. all i could afford.... i heard its good enough tho :cheers:

Umm.. I have now nVidia GeForce FX5200 128mb. I know, I know.. It sucks donkey balls.

I even had ATi Radeon 9600Pro 128mb. But it didn't work with my motherboard. :rolleyes:

I am getting the 6800Gt pci express version times 2, and running it in sli mode :).

ATI: Hercules Prophet 9800 Pro 128MB.

Lots of VPU errors though, so it could be on the way out :(

Mountain Man said:
Well, it's hardly surprising on a board for a game whose developer has slagged off nVidia (even though I think he was talking out of his ass to help ATi sell more product, and it seems to have worked).

yeesh...u make it sound like Gabe and company went out of their way to slag Nvidia

its not Gabe's fault if the Nvidia cards do not perform as well or better than Ati cards.. geesh.. talk about fanboyish posts.. :rolleyes:

Razor said:
I am getting the 6800Gt pci express version times 2, and running it in sli mode :).

If you have too much money.... you can also give it to me ;)

Back