ATI or Nvidia?

ATI or Nvidia?

• ATi

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Nvidia

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Depends what video card you're discussing. I'm neutral in the GPU Fanboy Warzone. I go with whatever card is best fit for my price range/hunger for frags.

ATI vs Nvidia is a endless battle so I would lock this topic...

I was a long-time Nvidia fan. Their Riva TNT rocked my world. But ATI has turned it around dramatically. I'm currently on my second ATI card now, and I have been impressed with both of them.

I think I am having an identity crisis. :eek: I think they are both equally good.

:) I was OKAY with Nvidia for the while I had their cards, but the highest card i've gotten from Nvidia was a ti4200. That's when the FX line came out; totally sucked ass. That was then I decided to switch up to ATi. With that being made the 9600 Pro I got was quite an upgrade. I then decided to get a 9800 Pro and DAMN! Amazing performance evar! Finally, I currently own an x800 Pro, i'm happy... somewhat. I think I could have been better off with a 6800 GT though, hell an Ultra or an XT for that matter. I'm not biased fanboy or anything, when it comes to graphics cards it comes down to what top performance you're getting, so i'd be more than happy to switch over as long as it offers the best performance. Obviously the SLI from Nvidia allows you to have uber-elite graphics performance. So for now, I say Nvidia has the crown so far... but then again that's only because they've the hardware out in the mainstream to allow basically something(6800's) and raising it's performance, I think of it as Nos or adding a new level turbo to a car. But, if it were a battle of single cards, i'd take the x800 XT P.E. over the 6800 Ultra(dunno whether to include the x850 XT or not).

Ati Rocks

Yer sure the 6800 or what ever it is..its better than the x800 maybe...but ATI will bring a better one :D!!

i used to have a Nvidia..it was ok..but now i got a ATI its just awesome

this vote has already been done in a magazine i think it was pc gamer and..................... Nvidia won :)

bluebolt13 said:
this vote has already been done in a magazine i think it was pc gamer and..................... Nvidia won :)

Bullshit LOL!
when was that? 10 years ago?

no the other week i saw it in the library:| i only read it cuz this hot woman on the front was holding gordens crowbar, and it was quite recent am not sure about the name of the magazine tho

Mag. are viewed by a different crowd. It's a more mainstream medium than tech internet sites.

Add a third option to that vote 'neither' as both companies are pretty much even right now in terms of performance and image quality. I would say it comes down to personal preference as to which card to buy...

this vote has already been done in a magazine i think it was pc gamer and..................... Nvidia won

lol as i said Jon ;)

ATI for performance in hl2, Nvidia for price. simple as that for me. so neither.

Nvidia

Always like them more + they were best most times.

Back when the ti 4600 cards were out nvidia were top then they fell really low with their FX series, came back alittle with the FX 5950 and now they are back up top by a hair.

Yep, totally agree with ya there.
Told you this poll was pointless Jon.

I've been with ATi for about 3 years now. Back about 3.5 years ago, ATi was notorious with poor driver support... however, that has changed quite drasticlly in past years.
I find ATi cards to be "more bang for your buck" compared to nVidia.

Ati, doesn't need a nuclear generator to run, smaller, cooler.

Back