ATI Radeon 9200

trippywippy

Reaction score
hey, can u guys tell me wather this card is directX8 or 9, iv read all over the place that is 9 and sum say its 8, im asking becasue im wondering if ill will get the dx9 featurs of HL2 cus i cant afford to upgrade till xmas

cheers in advance

This has absolutely nothing in the world to do with Half-Life 2. LOOK BEFORE YOU POST.

Second, it's not DX 9.0. If you went to newegg.com or ATI's website you could look at the specs.

It's DX 8.1.

It's ok man take a deep breath, hes a nub and the mods already moved it.

Valve stated that 9200 will be an affective card in directx 8.1 but ya it its not Dx9.

Also the 9500/9700 were the first Dx9 cards

Hey, at least it will get more FPS than if it was a DX9 card. ;)

aye but the difference between 7 and 10fps isn't anything to shout about ;)

Pobz said:
aye but the difference between 7 and 10fps isn't anything to shout about ;)
hehe.
Right, just trying to give something possitive. ;)

7-10fps might be something if it's only getting 30-40fps.

so would a radeon 9200 128mb be fine... if so then im not upgradin my vid card

I'll let you decide if it's worth it for you to upgrade or not.
Link

My good man, I was about to link him to exactly the same page. If you ask me, look at the newegg refub section and pick up a refub 9600pro. I just got one for $96 shipped.

Daegon said:
My good man, I was about to link him to exactly the same page. If you ask me, look at the newegg refub section and pick up a refub 9600pro. I just got one for $96 shipped.

What did they do to refurb it? Never quite understood what that means in the hardware world.

You really paid $96 for your 9600 Pro? I really should sell mine.

Insofar as I can tell, when newegg recieves a return, they test it. If it works, they throw it up in the refub section, cause they certainly can't sell it as new. If it doesn't work, they send it off to the manufacturer, who fixes it, or replaces it (probably for a price.) then Newegg sells it as refub.

I got the full retail box and accesories (lucky me)
Are you saying I could have gotten a better deal then 96 shipped?

Daegon said:
Insofar as I can tell, when newegg recieves a return, they test it. If it works, they throw it up in the refub section, cause they certainly can't sell it as new. If it doesn't work, they send it off to the manufacturer, who fixes it, or replaces it (probably for a price.) then Newegg sells it as refub.

I got the full retail box and accesories (lucky me)
Are you saying I could have gotten a better deal then 96 shipped?

No, I had no idea what a refurbed 9600 Pro was selling for. You got a good deal on yours. I think I should about selling mine on ebay and then use the money to buy an Athlon XP-M.

I dont understand why people use radeon 9200 as a budget card instead of the 9000 pro.. pro is faster and its similarly priced to the 9200

I don't know why people with budget cards are enthusiastic about playing games like Half-Life 2

That was a pretty crude statement, Pobz.
Not everyone can afford a top of the line card, they want to play a game badly, what's the issue? Or did I miss the point of your message?

Perhaps he was being sarcastic?

I read harhar's post and thought, "9800pro is similarly priced?!" then I read again. ;)
I really havn't seen that many 9000 Pros around myself. But I havn't been looking either.

why would a dx8 card get more fps? how would a ti 4200 do

Probably because it isnt using the new features DX9 has to offer, which slows down the fps considerably

Back