Audio Developer Seeking Work

T

TracerX3

Hey folks,

I thought I’d drop a line and inform you guys that I am interested in joining up with a modification to help with audio development. I have a large amount of proficiency with a variety of development tools, such as Audacity, Cubase, GoldWave, Nuendo, and Sound Forge, though I prefer Sound Forge for most of the audio I produce. I wouldn’t consider myself a professional by any means, as I do not have access to any development or recording hardware.

Speaking of which, I am a pianist and drummer in real life, and I play the snare in the marching band here at my high school. I would love to become the drum major for my school, as drumming is a large passion of mine, and it is what lead to my discovery of audio development for video games. Unfortunately, I have never worked for a modification, nor have I published any of my work.

I do, however, have a profuse amount of experience with editing and developing audio for my own pleasure (approximately two years, I would say). I am able to create a wide variety of effects, ranging from war-time / nature ambiences to a particular type of explosion, gun-fire, or ricochet. Rather oddly, my weakest point would definitely have to be musical composition. I am simply unable to achieve a quality composition, and the reason being has yet to be uncovered. I should also note that I have never attempted any sort of audio for vehicles, but I imagine it isn’t that much more difficult than other audio elements.

As for examples, you can grab them HERE (ignore the text file, I hadn't realized I included that in the upload). I hope I am up to everyone’s expectations of quality, and I am anticipating a reply from a few modifications. If you have any questions, want more samples, or wish to make conversation, simply shoot an e-mail to me at [email protected].

Enter the Tribes are always interested in new people. Our mod is a lot different from other mods since we use primitive weapons such as stone axes etc.

A nice jungle ambience with a little tribal drumming would be a different challenge for you and possibly something you could have an interest in.

if you want to reach me at MSN or simply e-mail me:

MSN: zytrez@ hotmail.com
E-mail: zyd@ enterthetribes.com

hello, we need some weapons sounds, and it seems your the perfect person to do it. We are designing a sci/fi game, so if you would like to help, you can contact me at [email protected].

Hello, there.

Virabear Source is currently recruiting new developers. The design team at Virabear Source is always interested in new, young talent, looking for a place to put their skills to good use. Of course, we need members who are going to be dedicated, online frequently and willing to work cooperatively with other members.

The mod is currently in concept stages, which is a critical phase for any mod. An audio developer would be needed to help establish a sense of what kind of sound-effects and ambience will be experienced.

Please visit our website [ http://halflifeonline.dkmhosting.com/ ] and feel free to post in the forums. You can contact the team leader, Angelus, at: [email protected]

Cheers!

TracerX3 should we consider no reply to the e-mail i sent ya a "not interested" ? or did you simply not recieve it ?

Woah, Tracer you're just like me! (with the whole sound making thing :E)
Except I'm not lookin for mods to work with...don't have the time...
Yay for Sound Forge! :D

Sound Forge?... Eeeew!

I do Sound Design professionaly for XboX titles etc.
Sound Forge is a POS in my opinion.

Don't waste your time & get Samplitude!

Adobe audition ftw! I mean it's adobe for goodness sake, the God of software tools!

im not much of a audio developer but i found adobe audition to be annoying and stupid.

Back