MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog/45-cameron-penning-avatar-prequel

James Cameron writing Prequel Novel to Avatar.

At a Tuesday night reception in New York City, director James Cameron confirmed the buzz that he's writing a novel based on the story of his box-office-record-setting film, "Avatar." And he believes the book may, in some respects, be even more successful than his movies have been. Why?

"There are things you can do in books that you can’t do with films," Cameron explained.

The director said he first thought of penning the "Avatar" novel during filming of the breakthrough film: "I told myself, if it made money, I’d write a book." "Avatar," of course, did make money. A lot of it. At last count it had made more than $2.3 billion worldwide.

Cameron said the book will go into much greater detail about the worlds and "interior monologues" of the characters he created.

For the miniscule number of you who haven't yet seen "Avatar," the film takes place on the aforementioned Pandora, which is a moon that orbits a gas planet, Polyphemus. Until the news of a prequel, speculation has focused on sequels that could take place on the other moons that orbit the gas giant.

Name me one director who also was a good author. I smell disaster coming.

Name me one director who also was a good author. I smell disaster coming.

The thing is , it wont matter if the book is good or not. The fans will eat this shit up, and he knows it.

Cameron is milking the cash cow, and she is mooing for more. The book will suck, just like every other "universe-expansion novel" has in the past. He could at least have the decency to make a movie prequel. I maintain my opinion that Cameron is an ass, and hasn't made more than a couple films that are stellar.

I haven't seen it, but I heard the story wasn't very deep and the characters were one-dimensional. Who wants more of that? It'll be even worse in novel form.

Sounds cool but...I'd rather have a sequel, guess he's going movie again for that.

Awesome, I loved Avatar, can't wait for this too.

Cameron is milking the cash cow, and she is mooing for more. The book will suck, just like every other "universe-expansion novel" has in the past. He could at least have the decency to make a movie prequel. I maintain my opinion that Cameron is an ass, and hasn't made more than a couple films that are stellar.

I enjoyed most of the Star Wars expanded universe novels. Granted, I'm a huge nerd, but some of them were genuinely good in my opinion. Certainly better than the prequel movies.

IMO, unless it's god****ingtasticallyfantastik like Dune or some other shit, I will hate him for it.

But i will still watch another Avatar movie, but always cheering for mankind.

IMO, unless it's god****ingtasticallyfantastik like Dune or some other shit, I will hate him for it.

AHAHAHAHA!

No.

This. The blue hippie freaks can roast in a fire. And then I'd eat them, just to show those f***ing vegans. F***ers.

Anyway, 100$ says this book will go into exquisite detail about the nuances of human-alien sex.
(So the Mass Effect fanbase will probably slurp this up as well.)

Oh man. This is gonna be the most mind-blowingly, face-meltingly awesome pop-up book ever. :D

Hello, My name is Navi and I am an Avatar.

I tried watching this movie, but I just cannot stand looking at those ugly ****ers.

Also almost done w/ my custom amp suit toy i kno u all care thanks

.... CAN YOU SEE MY REFLECTION?!?

What a crappy design. For a movie that was posed as the greatest animation achievement has on the most generic looking designs. This is why animation doesn't work with real life, it needs new ideas that blow your mind; not something that plays on with what you see everyday in regards to shape, line, form and colour.

yah they should of been like striders from half life its stupid!!!!!

Back