AvP Mod

A

Alucard

When HL2 comes out I will be splicing the source from AvP2 and HL2. Yes I already know about copyrights and such and such... All we gotta do is change the names of everything and make new maps...

It will basically be the same game but on the HL2 engine. Which will make it look bad ass, I mean just imagine the look of the alien on the source engine. Dripping acid saliva and such and such. It would look beautiful.

If we wanted the copyrights from fox I'll ask them myself. I belive they will agree because more people will be playing the game if it looks that bad ass and plays even better. They might say no because it's "their idea" but if so we can just give it to them to sell to the people. As long as our names are on the modeling and leveling, hell I'd be happy...

I'm not going to be making this mod expecting money. I'm making this mod expecting gameplay, gratatude, and players.

Well I need modelers, mappers, designers, and animators. Anyone who wants to share my vision of Aliens Versus Predator on Source please reply and I will get back to all who wish to help.

Thank you for your time,
Alucard.

I can't even begin on what's wrong with this picture..

Permission from Fox? I'm afraid you'll probably be out of luck. I think they're actually more anal than most publishing companies when it concerns their IP. I'd love to see AvP FPS multiplayer done right, for once, but I can't see you getting permission, not for the Alien likeness.

If this was done right, I would play it religiously =P

Alucard said:
When HL2 comes out I will be splicing the source from AvP2 and HL2. Yes I already know about copyrights and such and such... All we gotta do is change the names of everything and make new maps...
great idea....lol
like calling it Aliens vs Aliens vs Marines?
I don't think it's that easy, just changing names...

Alucard said:
It will basically be the same game but on the HL2 engine.
so why not just play the original game? Or wait for AvP3.

Alucard said:
Well I need modelers, mappers, designers, and animators. Anyone who wants to share my vision of Aliens Versus Predator on Source please reply and I will get back to all who wish to help.
I need, I want, give me....
I need many things too.

sorry but I can't stand it. Every second mod is about copyrighted stuff or WW. My mod is all made up and there was nothing like it before but is still and gets crushed or ignored by people.

Well, we may not even need to talk to fox we can talk to monolith and they can talk to fox about they're copyrights...

I know monolith the'll support me on this one.

Especially since they think they didnt get that many people on the game. Plus they're busy with Matrix online. So they might just go well whatever do what you want and we'll talk to fox.

and as for needing things. I dont need i rather would want blah blah blah. because I can do the entire thing except for hte coding.

but it would be faster if i had...blah blah blah.

yeah.

And plus i do play teh original game...but no body else does anymore there are bigger and better things out now. I would like to make AvP into a bigger and better thing so more people would recognize it and play it.

Yay, a new AvP mod!!!!!!

I wonder what will happen to this one! :rolling:

No man this is a mod for HL2 thats basicaly AvP2 on the HL2 engine.

You ever coded anything before? 'Splicing' the source code of the two games would be near impossible. It's not lego bricks - when each company wrote their source code, they weren't designed with the same specifications. Without extensive (read: redoing all AvP) code changes, it just wouldn't run. Ever. And the fact that porting someone else's source code to a rival company's game is one step further than IP infringement. And Fox can't just take your mod and sell it, not without an agreement with Valve, and Vivendi. Expect to be shut down as soon as Fox find your website. But then again, given the impossibility of what you want to do (I'm not even sure of the format of AvP models) you'll give up before they even get that far.

Yes, I'm a bitter, bitter Lawyer.

-Angry Lawyer

When I see threads like this I am never sure if it is a joke or if the guy is serious... Do you really think that by copying a game and changing the name will be accepted by FOX? And you are saying that you can do it all by yourself... lol. I think you have no idea of what you are talking about. Have you ever model a weapon, texture it and put it in a game? My guess is .. no. Anyway, I just want to say that you are not the first to have this idea. If you still want to continue with that idea.. alright go ahead but i'm pretty sure you won't be able to make a playable version.

I'm sure Monolith would be overjoyed at the prospect of you making a mod on an engine made by a rival company (Monolith have their own in-house engine that they license out)

Also, changing the names of everything wouldn't be sufficient. You'd have to change the way everything looks and works, too. So it wouldn't be an AvP mod.

Back