AVP Movie.

GhostValkyrie

Reaction score
Hmmm... I haven't been too much into movie news as of the last few months, so I recently stumbled onto this.
It's been out for over a month, so many of you may have seen it.
I hope you guys enjoy; I know I've been waiting years and years for this. I can remember the comics and toys they had made...only for a movie to just now surface.
Anyway; Enjoy!

Im hoping this movie breaks the curse of shit thats plagued the series for over a decade...

/Glances at 3 Alien box Sets on shelf
/glances at Aliens
/glances at the name "hudson"

Awesome. Can't wait for this movie. Predator's one bad motha' *HUSH YO' MOUTH*

It's not out yet... coming out sometime in 2004...

I'm gonna go see it :D.

Yeah, I am a HUGE ALien and Predator fan. BTW, did u guys notice the skeleton of the alien (from the alien movies) in the spaceship in Predator 2? That was an easter egg.

ROD said:
Yeah, I am a HUGE ALien and Predator fan. BTW, did u guys notice the skeleton of the alien (from the alien movies) in the spaceship in Predator 2? That was an easter egg.
Ooooh! Ooooh! I saw it!

When I was younger, I was so into it that I had this huge collection of both Aliens and Predator action-figure-things. Those were sweet! (yes, I watched Alien movies at a young age, but I don't think it deranged me too much... :devil: )

I saw it, and I pointed it out to my uncle (a major pred fan) and he was like, "No way!".

isn't it being directed by some bum of a director? anyway, looking forward to it, hoping it doesn't turn out to be a giant turd.

Sound like a blast.
Why do I have to wait so long for everything I like?? help!!

edit: I think Predator wins cause his a bad ass

whatever started the whole rival thing between them? aliens vs predators... 2 seperate movies, just decided to throw them in a jar and shake it one day?

They're linked. Have been for ages. Check the trophy wall on the Pred spaceship in Predator 2.

James Cameron is involved with writing it I think. Fact being Aliens v Predator was a game made by Rebillion and Published by Fox Interactive. Guess Fox rekon they can squeeze some more money from it by making it into a Film.

Actually, Dux, it was a comic series, novel series and arcade game first (comics were absolute first, I think).

Saw that about a month ago, still looks cool. Thats a movie wich im gonna watch!

And the movie is written and directed by Paul Anderson, the same guy that produced "Resident evil"
And I loved that movie.

I wonder how the movie will play out. Do you think its only Aliens figthing Predators or do you think there is an Human hero in the middle?

Damn now im all hyped up about that movie.

wowyouareacow said:
I wonder how the movie will play out. Do you think its only Aliens figthing Predators or do you think there is an Human hero in the middle?
Well, the fact it says "We Lose" would suggest so... I hope there are loads of VERY dispensible Marines. Who ALL die. Huzzah!

Wasn't too impressed by the trailer personally. I'll prob'ly still go and see it :)

This is going to stink.
Why? Paul Anderson. He can direct ok sure but his writing....-shudders-...
Well, bring on the next AvP game.

Yeah but then the next AvP game'll be based around the fillum, won't it...
What else has Anderson done?

the AvP comics were based around the Predators releasing the Aliens on a planet's surface, letting them hatch, and then landing and hunting them all for the fun of it. and usually the stupid humans had to ruin it all by having a secret research facility there which usually got overrun by the aliens and then the predators. ho hum madness.

In that case I hope the story's changed a little... Like the Aliens were already there, the silly humans wanted to research them (always our downfall in Alien films. Tsk), and the Predators were attracted by all the hubub and decided to kill everyone. Or something. Lots of fun.

Just wrote this Aliens versus Predator song...
Edit: Added Verse Two

Singin' A.V. AVP! Singin' A.V. AVP!

All the martians in the house, they be cowerin' like a mouse
Coz the Predators be comin' to kick you but, you better run like a dog, like a mut
Now the Aliens are here too, this fight is going down
And the human marines are charging into town
We know they gonna get killed messily
So everybody just sing with me...

Singin' A. V. AVP. Singin' AV, AVP!

Now those marines be shootin', and there horns be tootin'
But they're gonna get killed, they're gonna take a bootin'
The aliens will eat 'em
The predators with beat 'em
And then they'll fight each other to see to who gets to keep 'em

Singin' A.V. AVP. Singin' AV, AVP!

hmmm this should be interesting to see... I dunno i just have a bad feeling about this.

You guys should check out the "behind the scenes" clip on the site. That explains alot.
There will be some scientist with mashineguns as explaind by Paul Anderson

haha, that was the worst teaser ever.. don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to the movie, but they just showed 'teaser' pans of the predator and alien (like we don't know what they already look like?), played some stock sound effects from the first movies and then a lame tagline followed by film from the first predator? wtf?

the 'behind the scences' thing was pretty interesting, but it sounds like anderson might need someone to curb his enthusiasm a bit.. three predators taking on thousands of aliens?? the whole thing about ancient civilizations disappearing w/o a trace.. lol.. ok.

Brian Damage said:
Actually, Dux, it was a comic series, novel series and arcade game first (comics were absolute first, I think).

Really? Damn. They've been sucking it for longer than I thought then.

Back