Awesome Update!

D

downthesun

Besides the fact that when I join a server all it does is leave me hanging in that weird spectate mode (no menues load) and the screen dims - it's ****in' awesome! :flame:

Way to go, VALVe! You guys are the ****in' best. Thanks for ****ing up another one of your stupid patches! :rolleyes:

Oh, and what the **** is with the advanced video settings? By default it has everything on high with 6x AA. What the HELL is with that?!

Seriously - if you are having a problem that doesn't mean that everybody is having. :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself, I like the new update - lots of noticeable changes. Having no problems so far.

lans said:
Seriously - if you are having a problem that doesn't mean that everybody is having. :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself, I like the new update - lots of noticeable changes. Having no problems so far.

I am not the only one having problems, moron.

Thanks for your "help" though! :rolleyes:

Watch the abusive attitude - you won't last long here with it.

Also, no-one said that you were the only one, but neither is it everyone having problems. Remember that.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Watch the abusive attitude - you won't last long here with it.

Also, no-one said that you were the only one, but neither is it everyone having problems. Remember that.

I am just a little pissed off right now and came in here to see if someone might be able to HELP. It's not like lans came in here with anything useful or positive to say either.

Well considering this is a beta and you are playing the game by invite from Valve, the manner in which you express the problems you are having is downright rude.

People playing the Beta are testing the game, Valve can pull the plug at any time. I consider myself priviledged to be able to test it for them. You don't actually have a right to play this game, you are because Valve wants some help to get it right.

Instead of whining about the problems you have, go through it methodically and post about the problems in a sensible manner.

Indeed downthesun, but you were outright rude. Lans was just responding to your negative tone is all. We're all fanatics here :O.

Anyway, I'll see if I can help. I've had the dimmed screen on join a couple of times, I find that pressing 'ENTER' brings up the team choice menu. As to the graphics settings, what were your settings prior to the patch being applied? Did the patch turn everything up for you or was that how you had it set before the patch?

To be honest any major grievences would be better aired on the steampowered.com forums rather than here. You'll get a lot more helpfull feedback and your thread would reach more players.

Hope this helped.

Okay, my game plays fine with the default advanced video settings. Below is what they are.

High settings on everything
Reflect all
6x AA
Trilinear Filtering
Vertical Sync disabled

Now, if I try and change the AA, AF, or v-sync everything goes to hell. My old settings (before the patch) are below.

High settings on everything
Reflect all
4x AA
16x AF
Vertical Sync enabled

I apologize to everyone about my attitude. It's been a long night and I wanted to come home from work and play CS: Source to relax. When I found out it didn't, I kind of flipped. My bad.

Thats' more like it. :)

You can email cliffe about this, and eventually this matter will come up in the steam forums. We are having FPS drops and bugs too, but a little wait will fix things. It is a beta after all. :D

lans said:
Thats' more like it. :)

You can email cliffe about this, and eventually this matter will come up in the steam forums. We are having FPS drops and bugs too, but a little wait will fix things. It is a beta after all. :D

lans, thanks for not holding it against me. I am sorry for being such a prick to you.

I will definately email cliffe about this one.

I agree! Brilliant update, I wonder though

Building sound cache....

Then it cycled through such things as c17 (city 17), barnicle, prison, diffrent guns etc etc

So this patch contained hl2 audio too?

I love the new arms! :D OMG!

Also they didnt mention theyd added little boxes for buy zone, spotting a friend etc.

Fixed glows showing through map geometry
Whats that mean?

Have you tried reducing the AF or turning off the vsync?

Wat changed in the update? The update news just tells me aboutt he memory fix.

downthesun said:
I am not the only one having problems, moron.

Thanks for your "help" though! :rolleyes:

:hmph: with an attitude like that, you dont deserve anything apart from a kick in the balls

random.hero said:
:hmph: with an attitude like that, you dont deserve anything apart from a kick in the balls

:LOL: You're a little late.

not sure if its the same update your talking about, but playing CS:Source at the lan center when it came out was a joke, now it's really coming on.

FPS is much better and bugs are few and far between, nodoubt there are many more tho :)

Back