Awp Shooting Through My House

Heh, just because some dead mofo wrote down what you can and can not do doesn't necessarily make it "right" or "wrong".

What if they wrote that it was ok to kill ducks and have sex with their corpses? Would you do it?

NeLi said:
Heh, just because some dead mofo wrote down what you can and can not do doesn't necessarily make it "right" or "wrong".

What if they wrote that it was ok to kill ducks and have sex with their corpses? Would you do it?
Hell no...but also they wouldn't write that down.So it's irrelevant...

Also you follow laws that were wrote down by dead mofos... :upstare:

Sure, but my dead mofos were smart enough to make guns illegal.

NeLi said:
Sure, but my dead mofos were smart enough to make guns illegal.
or dumb....So again what was your point?

Yeah, banning things that are designed to kill people is surely a stupid move.

NeLi said:
Yeah, banning things that are designed to kill people is surely a stupid move.
What about hunting...?I use mine for hunting?Soooo again our AMERICAN right to own a gun.You may not have it in your country...but we do.

Of course. People with hunting licenses get to hunt.

People with hunting license doesn't equal everybody, like where you live.

so you people hunt rabbits with assault rifles ?
you must be so glad the assault rifle ban has expired last week.

smacky said:
so you people hunt rabbits with assault rifles ?
you must be so glad the assault rifle ban has expired last week.
Damn straight! :p

Edit:Actually some people do here....to tell the truth.

do you hunt for your food? if you do then fair enough. if not, then i don't see a reason to own a gun.

Dedalus said:
do you hunt for your food? if you do then fair enough. if not, then i don't see a reason to own a gun.
Yes..I will not kill a animal for no reason.I couldn't ever bring myself to do it something like that.I also I stay within hunting laws and season.

Tr0n said:
Yes..I will not kill a animal for no reason.I couldn't ever bring myself to do it

what food do you need to shoot, that you can't get from the shops? seems a little overkill to me.

Dedalus said:
what food do you need to shoot, that you can't get from the shops? seems a little overkill to me.
With money I don't have?Oh wait I'm poor thats right...

I feel like the only person in the world that doesnt have an arsenal in their closet

Tr0n said:
If your so sick of hearing it...close your damn ears.It is our right...you know why?Because it's the damn 2nd amendment thats why.If it wasn't then our founding fathers wouldn't have put it in the constitution..now would they?Done bitching about our laws that don't concern you?

Edit:Sorry didn't read your post clearly...but I'm not gonna edit what I said because this is to all that dispute US laws that do not live in the US.

those amendments was written decades ago. Back then they might have needed guns to protect their lands against indians or whatever. I see no use to have a bunch of guns around in this modern age. Only leads to trouble if you ask me..(if you dont use them for hunting)

i just belive that USA would be so better off without all the guns..

Dedalus said:
someone killed those animals too. but an iron electrostick through the neck must be more merciful than a bullet.

Enough with the gun rights arguments, it really gets tiring :( If someone feels that they need a firearm, they have the right to own one (in the US anyway.) Who cares if they want it for hunting, for target shooting, for home defense, or just for fun? Even if we tried to ban firearms at this point, do you really think it would work? Sure, a lot of normal middle-class citizens would give up their firearms, but do you really think the criminals are going to hand in their guns?

His father accidentily fired a weapon in his garage, does that mean they should be banned? If I almost cut off my finger with a knife in the kitchen, I don't think the first response would be "OMGBANTEHKNIVES!!!!111onehundredandeleven"

It seems to me that this debate has been flaring up a lot lately due to the expiration of the "assault weapons ban." There's no need to be scared everybody, we are allowed to have bayonets and flash hiders again, it's not a big deal. The ban has been expired for a few days now, and all hell hasn't broken out... Gangs aren't going to be roaming the streets with assault weapons now that the ban is over, they could have done that during the ban (just without the scary parts the ban restricted, such as bayonet lugs, collapsable stocks, and flash hiders)

Just to clear things up, here are some pics for comparison:

Before ban:
pcwa2y16sl.jpg

After the ban:
sunset-updated.jpg

Not too much of a difference....

EDIT:

h00dlum said:
those amendments was written decades ago. Back then they might have needed guns to protect their lands against indians or whatever. I see no use to have a bunch of guns around in this modern age. Only leads to trouble if you ask me..(if you dont use them for hunting)

i just belive that USA would be so better off without all the guns..
Err...no. The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constution because after rebelling from England, the founding fathers wanted to ensure that if the government was to become dictator-like, or too controlling, then weapons would be available for citizens to again rebel.

-Frosty- said:
Err...no. The 2nd Amendment was put into the Constution because after rebelling from England, the founding fathers wanted to ensure that if the government was to become dictator-like, or too controlling, then weapons would be available for citizens to again rebel.

well i dont think that will happen now...

h00dlum said:
well i dont think that will happen now...
Let me rephrase: The point is so that if the United States government were to become too controlling, then the citizens could rebel.

I agree that it is unlikely, but the 2nd amendment is still serving the purpose it was written for.

-Frosty- said:

thank you... THANK YOU for bringing this up...

jesus christ you people think americans are gun crazy, sure some of us are, but it's proportionately the same as any other country. if any of you travel the world a bit, you'll find out that the %'s of populations in different countries are basically the same. people all over the world are basically the same, in similar percapita numbers, basically. hey pvtryan, you think we have horrible crime rates? not really worse than other countries... have you been to ROTTERDAM lately? hahaha... what a freakin joke that city is.

and about the constitutional amendments being written so long ago and us... "automatically following them"... yeah, religious books were written long ago as well. most people automatically follow those and have, in many cases, insane beliefs(i'm not going to get specific, because i haven't the patience right now to discuss this at the depth it should be discussed). the bottom line is, nice awp story. :)

lol...

Citizens rebelling with their personal firearms against what? The biggest army in the world?

Jackal hit said:
thank you... THANK YOU for bringing this up...

jesus christ you people think americans are gun crazy, sure some of us are, but it's proportionately the same as any other country. if any of you travel the world a bit, you'll find out that the %'s of populations in different countries are basically the same. people all over the world are basically the same, in similar percapita numbers, basically. hey pvtryan, you think we have horrible crime rates? not really worse than other countries... have you been to ROTTERDAM lately? hahaha... what a freakin joke that city is.

and about the constitutional amendments being written so long ago and us... "automatically following them"... yeah, religious books were written long ago as well. most people automatically follow those and have, in many cases, insane beliefs(i'm not going to get specific, because i haven't the patience right now to discuss this at the depth it should be discussed). the bottom line is, nice awp story. :)
Yay! Someone agrees with me :)!

And thank you for that, Jackal. You put it perfectly. I just get aggrivated when people say stuff like, "Yeah, America is gun crazy, they all have closets full of guns, and assault rifles, and they're all dumb."

Tr0n said:
With money I don't have?Oh wait I'm poor thats right...

well alright, doesn't matter what i throw at you, it'll come straight back at me with 'the truth'.

all those games you buy, and your net connection, and your computer? did you sell some of your hunting prizes to fund them? just seems a little fishy to me. but hey, nevermind, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

ghost said:
someone killed those animals too. but an iron electrostick through the neck must be more merciful than a bullet.

guns for hunting purposes are a little less of a burden in my eyes. the only thing is, guns are misused and fall into the wrong hands. they're abused (look that word up for the meaning and context). and forgive me, i seem to have missed when you became a member of the World Wide Fund for Animals. but again, nevermind. not going anywhere.

Jackal hit said:

So you're basically saying that if other people do it, it's ok to do it yourself as well? What do you really need a gun for anyway? Scare off robbers? Hell, if they have a gun, it'll just end up with someone dead. Robbery turned into a case of murder etc etc.

And yes, I have travelled the world... Been all over Europe and a bit in Asia too, and gun laws, and gun control is a lot different from how it is in the US.

I've never even seen a gunshop selling various firearms in my own country.

NeLi said:
lol...

Citizens rebelling with their personal firearms against what? The biggest army in the world?
I'll bet nobody thought we could beat the British either :p

I agree, it's farfetched. But think about it, which are there more of, US Citizens, or US Military Personnel? When all out guerilla warfare breaks out, numbers usually matter more than firepower.

Now trust me, I'm not some guncrazy redneck who thinks we should keep as many guns as we can so we can rebel against the government, I'm just trying to present the facts, and bring an end to all of the American bashing :)

NeLi said:
So you're basically saying that if other people do it, it's ok to do it yourself as well? What do you really need a gun for anyway? Scare off robbers? Hell, if they have a gun, it'll just end up with someone dead. Robbery turned into a case of murder etc etc.

And yes, I have travelled the world... Been all over Europe and a bit in Asia too, and gun laws, and gun control is a lot different from how it is in the US.
i'm not talking about that. i'm saying that using the example of people following one thing is EXACTLY the same as people following another thing. infact, it's the same as following ANY OTHER thing that was put down in writing a LONG time ago. and gun laws ARE very different in different places. i wasn't discussing that. what i was saying is that people act similarly no matter the country, given any set of laws. *sigh* semantics rule... :|

Dedalus said:
well alright, doesn't matter what i throw at you, it'll come straight back at me with 'the truth'.

all those games you buy, and your net connection, and your computer? did you sell some of your hunting prizes to fund them? just seems a little fishy to me. but hey, nevermind, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I only play DOD and NS because there free and I'm using my grandparents comp and net connection...why?Well currently the family is having money problems...so yea.Don't even talk about shit you don't know...so again.I'm poor...so yea.Fishy?Come here and I'll show you fishy.

This deserves a poll, or at least a new thread.

-Frosty- said:
I'll bet nobody thought we could beat the British either :p

I agree, it's farfetched. But think about it, which are there more of, US Citizens, or US Military Personnel? When all out guerilla warfare breaks out, numbers usually matter more than firepower.

Now trust me, I'm not some guncrazy redneck who thinks we should keep as many guns as we can so we can rebel against the government, I'm just trying to present the facts, and bring an end to all of the American bashing :)

i missed where anyone was bashing america? the only thing i picked up on was the critical analysis of the US's gun policy.

don't take things to heart so much, we're not all trying to bash the US in one form or another.

Tr0n said:
I only play DOD and NS because there free and I'm using my grandparents comp and net connection...why?Well currently the family is having money problems...so yea.Don't even talk about shit you don't know...so again.I'm poor...so yea.Fishy?Come here and I'll show you fishy.

i wasn't being hostile at all. but can you blame me for being cautious? this is the internet after all. shit, the guy in the other thread is a 7 foot tall body builder with 9 girlfriends and has the best pc money can buy.

anyway, don't worry about it, no biggy.

-Frosty- said:
I just get aggrivated when people say stuff like, "Yeah, America is gun crazy, they all have closets full of guns, and assault rifles, and they're all dumb."
yes, i know how you feel, i went back to europe again this summer, and i got a LOT of this while i was there. what bothers me is that it's done ENTIRELY out of ignorance. if it were people that had extended sojourns in the US that had been discussing things with me, it would not bother me at all. it's people who have no experience of living here that think they know the most about this country, when it's just exactly the same as how the ignorant americans act towards europe (i've been travelling to europe and turkey every other year of my life-i'm 22 so i see both sides of this), and this type of argument only validates my point about people the world over being the same. everyone thinks they know lots about different countries without experiencing that country firsthand. yes, many many americans are ignorant about the world at large, but the door DOES swing both ways.

and on that note, i'm gonna go buy a desert eagle.

Jackal hit said:
yes, i know how you feel, i went back to europe again this summer, and i got a LOT of this while i was there. what bothers me is that it's done ENTIRELY out of ignorance. if it were people that had extended sojourns in the US that had been discussing things with me, it would not bother me at all. it's people who have no experience of living here that think they know the most about this country, when it's just exactly the same as how the ignorant americans act towards europe (i've been travelling to europe and turkey every other year of my life-i'm 22 so i see both sides of this), and this type of argument only validates my point about people the world over being the same. everyone thinks they know lots about different countries without experiencing that country firsthand. yes, many many americans are ignorant about the world at large, but the door DOES swing both ways.

Well duh, we do belong to the same species afterall. What I'm trying to argue against is the silly need for assault rifles, and softish gunlaws.

Dedalus said:
i missed where anyone was bashing america? the only thing i picked up on was the critical analysis of the US's gun policy.

don't take things to heart so much, we're not all trying to bash the US in one form or another.
I wasn't directing my comments at anyone who was discussing the actual topic, and putting in their thoughts on the validity of the laws. I was directing my comments at people saying ignorant things like, "I don't know why Americans like guns so much," "I feel like the only person without an aresenal in my closet," "I don't know why Americans are so gun crazy," etc.

Bash the government all you want, it doesn't really bother me, it's when people start making generalizations about people just because they live in a certain country that I get bothered (I'm not just defending Americans, this goes for people in every country.)

I'm not trying to be Mr. America either. I think there are a lot of problems in this country. And like Jackal said, many Americans are very ignorant about Europe, and world events.

NeLi said:
Well duh, we do belong to the same species afterall. What I'm trying to argue against is the silly need for assault rifles, and softish gunlaws.
btw, another validation of my points... i just saw that spoiler thread that you saw... see why guns are necessary?

i had been spoiler free until now... BUT GODDAMNIT F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK F*CK

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

-Frosty- said:
Enough with the gun rights arguments, it really gets tiring :( If someone feels that they need a firearm, they have the right to own one (in the US anyway.) Who cares if they want it for hunting, for target shooting, for home defense, or just for fun? Even if we tried to ban firearms at this point, do you really think it would work? Sure, a lot of normal middle-class citizens would give up their firearms, but do you really think the criminals are going to hand in their guns?

His father accidentily fired a weapon in his garage, does that mean they should be banned? If I almost cut off my finger with a knife in the kitchen, I don't think the first response would be "OMGBANTEHKNIVES!!!!111onehundredandeleven"

It seems to me that this debate has been flaring up a lot lately due to the expiration of the "assault weapons ban." There's no need to be scared everybody, we are allowed to have bayonets and flash hiders again, it's not a big deal. The ban has been expired for a few days now, and all hell hasn't broken out... Gangs aren't going to be roaming the streets with assault weapons now that the ban is over, they could have done that during the ban (just without the scary parts the ban restricted, such as bayonet lugs, collapsable stocks, and flash hiders)

Just to clear things up, here are some pics for comparison:

Before ban:
pcwa2y16sl.jpg

After the ban:
sunset-updated.jpg

Not too much of a difference....

EDIT:

Quoted for emphasis and truth. :thumbs:

moppe said:
Hm, sounds odd to me.
Honestly, I won't belive this until I see some pictures of the weapon itself.
It would be so easy to get someone that would have Photoshoped that for you.

haha, its ok if u dont believe me.

im not tryin to "impress" anyone.. and besides, i could come up with a WAY better story than that if i wanted to...

i was merley showing the ONE dumb thing ive EVER seen my dad do, and it was a HUGE thing.
no one was hurt and thats all that matters. He is STILL beating himself up over it, even as im writing this.

i didnt expect this little thread would explode with gun topics and such but i might as well add my 2 cents since everyone else is.

I think that if a country HAS a law that restricts guns from ever really being introduced, that it has a less likey chance of becoming a country swarmed by gun violence..

now lets look at why americans have so many guns...

in their ammendment it states that they have the right to bare arms.

now this was relevent in the days before WORLD NEWS and CARS. im basicly saying that this LAW is outdated for todays world.
back in the day, if some large ass army with a million guys wanted to take over a state or somehow attack from mexico, the only way to defend america would be with guns.

americans dont have people attacking from the outside anymore, they are attacking from the inside.
so if buying a AR15 assault rifle with mussle flash surpressor and bayonet lugs and 30round mag will help you sleep better at night, then go for it. but make sure ur kid doesnt find it, or that it doesnt get stolen, cuz then ur just helpin them to harm you...

now... lets say u own that amazing AR15 were talkin about... you think Bin Laden is going to knock on YOUR apartment door with 6 of his goons and try to attack you? hell no, hes goin to bomb ur entire complex!! (if he wanted to..)

the movie "bowling for columbine" had a very good point.
if you watch american news, all it is (including CNN, they are the worst) is threats from "TERROR" and even when there wasnt any 9/11 stuff, the news was still full of things to be "scared" of..

who decided that we should start using this word terror.
Terror is an emotion not a group of people. Perhaps its short for terrorists. But then why do they use it in so many ways?

You americans are being played! More of you didnt want to go to war, that the people who wanted to. So bush says he has evidence linking these people to 9/11 but says he cant share it. (first of all, u guy shouldnt have let him do it, thats what ur second ammendment is for, to stop people from pushing u around).. anyway so now that the war is over and bush is a known retard...WHO IS TO TAKE BLAME? aparently there was an intelligence problem... well dont u think someone should have looked it at closer? He said "SAddam has weapons of mass destruction, nerve gas, musterd gas,....." but none have been found at all...
You are right when you say Saddam is a piece of S*** but all IM tryin to say is that your president abused your right to know and have ANY influence on whats goin on with your country.

Everyday you wake up to the morning paper of how violent ur country is and all the terrible things.
I bet you would have to SEARCH in the paper to find anything that was happy or good.

In Canada, our news shows the bad stuff, but it doesnt show it ONE AFTER ANOTHER... there will be a bad thing, like ".....this man was beat down by a gang of..." and thats about it..

Just watching american news puts me in a bad mood. All it is, "this man was shot to death" , or "gang shootout" .

America was founded on guns. They have a massive population, along with enough firearms for everyone to own at least a couple.

Its too late to try to take guns away from americans, but its not too late to set an example.
Guns dont HELP you be safe, they make you be paranoid.
I KNOW i will get flamed to death so if you take nothing from this whole post, at least realize there is truth in what im saying. u dont have to agree with me but this was my opinion.

oops,
i started this debate :S
whatever ppls opinions are, im just glad i dont live in the US and have a much smaller chance of getting shot in my life.

This reminds me of the time my dad had to shoot a raccoon that was running around and there were all these bullet holes going into the pantry. Missed my mom's ankle by about an inch one time.

It's a wonder they're not still together. Hm.

Back