Back into stasis?

Reaction score
At the end of Episode 3, which ends the Combine story arc of Half Life, will we see our hero Gordon being put back into stasis by Gman perhaps after learning how to defeat the Gman. It would certainly set up for Half Life 3

At the end of Episode 3, which ends the Combine story arc of Half Life, will we see our hero Gordon being put back into stasis by Gman perhaps after learning how to defeat the Gman. It would certainly set up for Half Life 3

I've actually thought about this alot. I think there's a real, good chance that he will be.

After all, at the end of Episode One, we know almost for certain that the G-man was going to put Gordon back into statis. It was only because of the intervention of the Vortiguants that this was not the case. In the entirity of Episode One, we never see the G-Man even once to emphasis the fact that he is being repressed and can not directly oversee Gordon any longer. However, in Episode Three we see him once again and he can even be spotted once or twice watching over you from the distance. I personally believe that after the Alyx cutscene the G-Man had enough influence to pull Gordon into statis then and there, but held back because the events had changed so much that it would actually now be detrimental to his plans (whatever they are) to take stop Gordon. Even if this is not the case, eventually Gordon will outlive his usefulness for the present time and then the G-Man will put him into statis. However, there is one thing about this that bugs me.

Alyx.

After all the effort Valve put into creating her character and making her your companion it would seem to be a great waste to suddenly take her out of the series. Or, at the very least, when you meet up again to see her drastically changed and old-lady like. Personally, I hope that the Valve team finds a way around this if they ever do put Gordon back into statis. Perhaps by having G-Man put Alyx into a statis also? I personally have a moderately good theory for this, but I'm hesitant to give them on this board, and, since many of you are probably thinking about it, no, I do not have any half-backed G Man theory to give. If I can manage it I'll avoid mentioning G-Man altogether.

(Now reads how many times I mentioned G-Man in the previous post. Uh...sorry?)

i kinda want the gman to be killed somehow, by whoever he represents since he failed in keeping gordon under his control.

Umm... I don't think so. Eli doesn't say that.

Verbatim, he says "between us we may finally have a chance--" then is interrupted by Alyx. So he doesn't explicitly say anything about how to destroy Gman.

EDIT:

After all the effort Valve put into creating her character and making her your companion it would seem to be a great waste to suddenly take her out of the series.

On a side note:
Before Eli dies, he says "[the Borealis] must be destroyed, whatever the cost." Could be an opportunity for a heart-wrenching moment that Valve could work with in regards to 'removing Alyx from the series.'

Gorden and Alex will settle down and have a child. This child will grow up to become...
the G-Man.

SPOILER

Before Eli dies, he says "[the Borealis] must be destroyed, whatever the cost." Could be an opportunity for a heart-wrenching moment that Valve could work with in regards to 'removing Alyx from the series.'

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't claiming that I thought the statis would be a unrealistic way to remove Alyx from the series (On the contray, if they do end up deciding to get rid of her, its far better than the cliched method of killing her off) But rather I don't want to see her taken out period, but I'm afraid that such will be the case if Gordon is placed in statis, unless they throw in some twist at the end.

But on another note, lets say that Gordon is placed in a statis and comes out a good time later. Will he still be fighting the Combine or some other threat? Would he even be placed in statis if the Combine was still around? I don't think so. I'm rather sure that the fall of the Combine is interwoven somewhere in the G-Man's schemes, after all Gordon has done nothing else since arriving back. So that means that when Gordon is placed back in statis, whether it be in Episode Three or later on, I'm pretty sure that will be the signal for the end of the Combine arc and the beginning of another new war against a new enemy.

I think we will find out who the third party is in this episode. I personally think that the Gman himself is a puppet, but due to his powers, we are all meant to think he is the one pulling all the strings.

Gorden and Alex will settle down and have a child. This child will grow up to become...
the G-Man.

Nah, Gman is your Father's Uncle's Cousin's former room-mate

S14.jpg

my money is on the end of EP3 being a choice like in HL1; destroy or take advantage of whatevers on the Borealis.

Doubt it, as it would mess up HL3. Unless they do the HL2 approach and presume you chose destroy.

But that wasn't assuming much and didn't involve Valve deliberately stepping in and making Gordon do something that some players might not have him do. After all, who wouldn't choose life over death? The deal was "work for me or die." It's fairly safe to make it canon that Gordon said yes to the deal. But what we can't assume that it will be that easy when it comes with the Borealis because we don't know what's on it.

If they do use stasis again I think valve would place Alyx in stasis also. her character is to valuable to get rid of. besides from Ep2 it is evident that the G-man has has a active hand in Alyx's life. He was the one who saved Alyx from Black Mesa. I think the G-man would find it amusing to have a pair of pawns.... that is if we don't break the G-man's hold on Gordon and Alyx by the end of Ep3.... I think that should wait till HL3.

i actuley think that gordan will meet gman on the boriales because a tv in halflife 2 showed the gman on it and the doors in the backround were in a gmod file that said PROPS_BORIALES!!!

I think G-Man might be collecting a team of these pawns, a future special ops for money if you will. Gordon, Alyx and the chick from Portal will all be put in stasis.

I think G-Man might be collecting a team of these pawns, a future special ops for money if you will. Gordon, Alyx and the chick from Portal will all be put in stasis.

There's not even remote evidence that the G Man even knows Chell exists.

Ok, so G-Man can travel through time and space and just suck people into stasis, yet, he wouldn't know that Chell, who, as far as I understand, is the ONLY one to survive the Aperture Science experiment thingies, exists. Right...

Not to mention she now wields/had wielded the only known portal gun, and is/was on the loose. If anything the g-man at least has his eye on the portal gun, where ever it is during the Half-Life 2 arc timeline

There's no evidence to support that though, nor is there any evidence either way about whether the portal gun even survived at the end of Portal.
It's possible, but there's just not enough info to go off of at this point.

Gordon gets on a motorcycle, having donned his leather pants, leather jacket, and black sunglasses. It goes into third person, and he breaks the fourth wall and says "I'll be back" to the player. Then he rides off into the sunset with Guns 'N' Roses playing on the radio. The end.

And Dave Grohl jumps out in front of him and goes "Axl?! Where's AXL?! Hey, Axl!" And then Dave puts Gordon in stasis and gives him to G-Man as an act of good will and saves the universe and is a hero, besides being a pretty rad rocker!... *awkward silence* Just sayin'

Back