Backup copy?

Enigma

Reaction score
Well the first time i heard the news about the source code being leaked i said woopdy doo its just gona be leaked but valve can keep going cause they have something called BACKUPS

What happened here doesn't anyone keep a spare?

what the heck makes people thing they stold it phisically?
do you think they hacked in and transporded the harddrive by magic?

THEY COPIED THE CODE TO THEIR COMPUTER ITS STILL ON VALVES COMPUTER IT NEVER LEFT IT

wtf? You do realise that files are made up of 1's and 0's stored in memory. Copying a file isnt like carrying a bucket. The hacker "hasnt lifted the files and walked away with them".

ITS NOT LIKE GABE IS GOING OMG OMG WHERE IS THAT PIE I LEFT IN THE WINDOW ITS GONE GONE!!!

Of course they have copies you ignoramous. They arent concerned about not having it themselves. What pisses them off is everyone else having it.

Now what the **** is your point? Or are you planing to infect the world with stupidity?

My point is why in the hell would they leave it all in a place where a hacker could get it all in one fatal swoop. You think they would have the source on a disc and it would be locked up somewhere!

My point is why in the hell would they leave it all in a place where a hacker could get it all in one fatal swoop. You think they would have the source on a disc and it would be locked up somewhere! Or have it on some PC's with no internet connection

Originally posted by Enigma
My point is why in the hell would they leave it all in a place where a hacker could get it all in one fatal swoop. You think they would have the source on a disc and it would be locked up somewhere!

It was on a network so they could acess it from their laptops, microsoft security exploits caused hackers to get in.

OMG you know what would be really really uber secure. WRITING THE CODE BY HAND ON PAPER..... then we could get slaves from indonesia to compile it using hand caculators and look up tables and rewrite it on other bits of paper.

OMG YOU TROGLADITE YOU HAVE NO ****ING IDEA HOW SOCEITY NOWDAYS WORKS.. ITS SOMETHING THEY USE EVERYDAY SOMETHING THEY WRITE TEST AND COMPILE EVER HOUR. HOW THE **** IS IT FEASIBLE TO ONLY STORE IT ON A "cd or something" MY GOD YOUR A WANKER.

Originally posted by Enigma
Well the first time i heard the news about the source code being leaked i said woopdy doo its just gona be leaked but valve can keep going cause they have something called BACKUPS

What happened here doesn't anyone keep a spare?

*stares*

*shakes head is disbelief*

YOUR LOGIC IS SO ****ED UP.

let me entertain your stupidity alittle:
PLUS EVEN IF HE DID CUT AND ****ING PASTE IT. THE CODE IS ALL OVER THE WEB. VALVE COULD GET IT STRAIGHT BACK.

regardless:
THEY STILL HAVE THEY CODE!
OMG

I HOPE YOU DONT LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY. PEOPLE LIKE YOU SHOULDNT BE GIVEN A VOTE.

hmmm, overreacting there a bit? Sure he's stupid, but you don't need to shout at him.

Originally posted by Spacemonkey
ITS NOT LIKE GABE IS GOING OMG OMG WHERE IS THAT PIE I LEFT IN THE WINDOW ITS GONE GONE!!!

ROFLLL!!!! ROFLLLLLLL

Your thread starter Engima sounds like if someone got into Valve's pcs and transfered them onto the hackers then deleted them from valve's...

Gabe says they made Copys...and even if they were deleted from Valve, theres many pcs there that have copys and i think Microsoft or Ati has another copy(or i hear)

Spacemonkey, I say you settle down a bit, turn the computer off, go outside, have a breath of fresh air.

also, hit that caps lock button off, its under Tab.

OK this is going to get locked anyway so I might as well get this off my chest.

I am appalled at the level of igorance, stupidity and just plan disrespect in these forums.

I am a headcrab. That doesnt make me stupid. All it mean is I dont have to post much because ALL THE INFORMATION IS ALREADY HERE.

Please for the love of good. Browse the forums alittle before you post. 99% of this is repeated. Most of it is unfounded crap.

rofl...

he said "igorance"... thats good stuff, lol

Originally posted by NSPIRE
rofl...

he said "igorance"... thats good stuff, lol

I have chubby fingers :)

Yeh sorry about the tone, maybe a tad harsh. But damn.

hehe, s'all good dude.

some people just get pretty emotional about this stuff all the time. i myself usually can remain pretty calm throughout all of this chaos, but hey... no one's perfect though.

wtf? You do realise that files are made up of 1's and 0's stored in memory. Copying a file isnt like carrying a bucket. The hacker "hasnt lifted the files and walked away with them".

Of course they have copies you ignoramous. They arent concerned about not having it themselves. What pisses them off is everyone else having it.

Now what the **** is your point? Or are you planing to infect the world with stupidity?

shut up u headcrab. DONT call nw909 or anybody else an IGNORAMOUS. besides thats not even how you use that word

You that rude in real life.....I doubt it somehow
sorry we are not all super smooth like you

Gobshyte

OMG this thread is soooo funny, I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face at work!

"PIE" LMFAO!

What kind of a ****ing company would have 30 people working on something for five years and not back it up every night?

Man you are sooooo stupid!

ROFL

Ya i don't usually like openly mocking other forum users.......
But geez you are a complete retard.

Zoolander: 'The files are IN the computer!'

Back