Bad Things About H-l2

the only thing bad about hl2 is that i cant play it on my ****ing machine ...too damn high requirements so if valve thinks im buying an xbox to play their ****ing game ,keep dreaming...im going to buy one to play halo 2 and deus ex...and ill be playing guild wars when they get off their ass and release the game,thank you,last post.

Calveris said:
Have anyone seen the screenshot with man in anti-gas mask? It's one with the hair going out of the mask. This is very bad thing. How it can be possible? Who wants a mask with holes in it? It is unusable mask, but the worst is that: these holes were made speccialy by unintelligent programmers. Second bad thing (in Counter-Strike CZ)is defect of selection type of fire from gun. In Rainbow Six, player could set the type of fire (safe, semi-automatic, automatic, 3 round burst and such), but in new CS you can't do it!!! As also set your clothes and camouflage. Navy SEALs can only be in blue clothes, Specnaz only in snow comuflage. This sucks. Please, can we decide what type and colour we can wear in CS: CZ?
This thread is going places

Is this thread serious or not?

I can't tell if the first poster is just mucking around.

wayne white said:
the only thing bad about hl2 is that i cant play it on my ****ing machine ...too damn high requirements so if valve thinks im buying an xbox to play their ****ing game ,keep dreaming...im going to buy one to play halo 2 and deus ex...and ill be playing guild wars when they get off their ass and release the game,thank you,last post.

I hope you were being sarcastic :rolleyes: If you work, buy an upgrade.

wayne white said:
Why do you have 190 posts on a HL2 forum if you hate it so much? Oh well, atleast it will stay at 190 and we wont have to see your 191st post which would most likely be more HL2 bashing.

Don't blame valve for making a good game, blame yourself for shitty technology

again people read and dont understand...i dont hate half life,i hate that valve said you can play it on a 700 computer and now its ****ing 1.2 gigas...and i will not upgrade so im going xbox just to play halo 2...and ill get dsl and wait for GUILD WARS,thats all.

Calveris said:
Have anyone seen the screenshot with man in anti-gas mask? It's one with the hair going out of the mask. This is very bad thing. How it can be possible? Who wants a mask with holes in it? It is unusable mask, but the worst is that: these holes were made speccialy by unintelligent programmers. Second bad thing (in Counter-Strike CZ)is defect of selection type of fire from gun. In Rainbow Six, player could set the type of fire (safe, semi-automatic, automatic, 3 round burst and such), but in new CS you can't do it!!! As also set your clothes and camouflage. Navy SEALs can only be in blue clothes, Specnaz only in snow comuflage. This sucks. Please, can we decide what type and colour we can wear in CS: CZ?

1. That was only a concept art of a combine wearing a mask fool, cant you tell?

2. Half Life 2 should also let you select the rate of fire, and you cant expect every game in the world to be the same

3. CS:CZ skins can always be modded to look more realistic, same goes for HL2 and CS:S

wayne white said:
again people read and dont understand...i dont hate half life,i hate that valve said you can play it on a 700 computer and now its ****ing 1.2 gigas...and i will not upgrade so im going xbox just to play halo 2...and ill get dsl and wait for GUILD WARS,thats all.

g4u, one less person to lag my game.

wayne white said:

Buy a new one like the rest of us. Then get a job. Then quit whining. You commy. Not everything is fair. :D

wayne white said:

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Want me to spot you the $52.00?

Maybe you're an intel guy

If you live somewhere where parts are really expensive then i take that back, you have a legitimate argument.

I see you said you dont want to upgrade but with with these prices why not? If you want to play anything coming out on the PC nowadays you're going to need more than 1 Ghz anyways

how can you even say there are bad things when you havent played it...

The gasmasks will be fine, once they release the bloody game.

Lol i hadnt seen that pic b4 , they have hair lol o_O or has this been changed ?

And a bad idea for a gas mask i must agree :)

you know that a gas mask only has to contact your face and create an air tight seal, right? as shown in other pictures posted as well as this one, http://homes.wsj.com/images/house_and_garden/20011009-gasmask.gif you can see that hair can be visable and this was not the result of unintelligent programmers.
Edit: that is also just CONCEPT art. nothing we have seen ingame indicates that the masks will look like that. but even if some combines do have a mask like that, they will look cool regardless.

oh yeah, the programers are so unintelligent that the concept artists drew a replica gas mask that could actually be seen in the future. Oh yeah, their just so damn bad that the Source engine hardly even workes, nope, it doesnt use a fu.cking amazing physics engine. No, it never does stuff like when you push something into a pair of gears, it just stopes working, noooo. Oh yeah, and CS:S is just so horrible of a game because you cant make your AWP go into saftey, because you know it might just go off while your running and take your head off. Oh and I forgot, you cant change camo! OMG!

You deserve a tool of the day award sir.

if there was any problems with the graphics im sure they'd fix it!

(yay Itchyosaur!!!!!)

One major bad thing about HL2 : Its not bloody well out yet ! !

ps : wasnt having a dig at swedens armed forces with my previous comment, just the bbc`s old prop department.

wayne white said:
this is for alphablue:how can i upgrade with 52.00???

Assuming you have the motherboard for it, buy the cpu i linked to and drop it in, boom 1.6ghz...if you need a board you can buy a good AMD board for $70 new (i recommend the Abit NF7 for XP series chips) or you can check out the clearance section on the same site and get a refurb for $29 often.

This is assuming you know how to work on a pc...if not, hire someone

as far as realism goes, I feel HL2 will blow us away. I considered Max Payne to be pretty good at the little things back when it came out, but Half Life 1 truly had a great story, comparable to even metal gear solid and splinter cell. Most of these FPS games have very little storyline, or stories i could've written in high school.

thanks alphablue ill go with the mobo you suggested since all my computers parts suck...well maybe not the card(althougt im sure elephant think a 5200 sucks too)..but since more than 30 fps is overkill,ill stay with the card .

Putting a firing selector would unbalance the CRAP out of CS. Can you imagine a semi-auto AK? It would be pwnage.

Go play TS if you really want that.

oh no! holes in the gas mask, delete all the work and start again valve!

Back