Badge of Blood Preview!

Sui

Tank
Reaction score
Sulkdodds, our highly esteemed Freudian content writer, recently returned from Mars on Sir Richard Branson's personal space rocket. When he stumbled into the Halflife2.net Staff Lounge yesterday, hair scruffily coifed from sweat, eyes vacantly staring at nothing; we thought he'd finally gone madder. But no - he was grasping the freshly typed Badge of Blood preview, exclusive to Halflife2.net. Read it here, now![br] [br] Click the banner. I dare you. [br] [br] [br]

We had some, but Munro didn't include them with the article when it was published. We also had some exclusive media - but we were so late in getting the article out, the BoB team went ahead and released it anyway. Meh. Doesn't really matter, the article is the important thing.

Hmm,
Small dev team, huge, groundbreaking goals...sounds like another project I have followed over the years. ;)

Watching eagerly Monkeynutz.:afro:

it's all nice and dandy but get it done first, then go on about it.
If you take the Empires mod for instance, brilliant gameplay, they got it done and it's out. fair enough it is buggy (not much now) but at least now they can back up their game with "someone liked our game, wants to turn it into a £20 buy it online type of thing [..] in the next version the player will feel like he is part of a universe not just blabla etc".
as far as I know Badge of blood is a few textured models, some good drawings and awesome ideas, which in my opinion is just not enough to go on about it.

Wait a second! This preview is nothing but words!

OvA said:
Wait a second! This preview is nothing but words!
Check out the Badge of Blood forums if you want to see pretty pictures. Plenty of them in there.

i would like some nice fresh pictures with sauce.

-dodo

a north carolina studio trying to pressure them into using unreal
HMMMMMM what a MYSTERY

I back up Omikron on this one. Valve has said on numerous occasions the key to mods is actually releasing. gMod, Counter Strike etc. I read the timeline, and whilst it sounds interesting, a mod, like, say, Minerva is 100 times better than Badge of Blood for the simple fact that I can play it. I don't get hyped up over mods, because quite frankly, I doubt I'll ever get to play most of them (or at least what they promise).

Meh.

omikron said:
it's all nice and dandy but get it done first, then go on about....as far as I know Badge of blood is a few textured models, some good drawings and awesome ideas, which in my opinion is just not enough to go on about it.

Seconded mate. Sounds awesome and they have really good ideas. I just cant see it being as polished as the PR is though

The impression I got (in a very big way) was that they were in posession of a lot more than they were showing. That article was written a couple of months ago and it was playable then.

We had pictures but Munro took them out. :(

omikron said:
it's all nice and dandy but get it done first, then go on about it.
If you take the Empires mod for instance, brilliant gameplay, they got it done and it's out. fair enough it is buggy (not much now) but at least now they can back up their game with "someone liked our game, wants to turn it into a £20 buy it online type of thing [..] in the next version the player will feel like he is part of a universe not just blabla etc".
as far as I know Badge of blood is a few textured models, some good drawings and awesome ideas, which in my opinion is just not enough to go on about it.
As a strict follower of this mod, I'm rather biased. But in your position, I would say that the biggest thing that should give you faith is the fact that they have studios and investors wanting to get involved. You don't see that with your everyday, dime-a-dozen mod.

Im wondering HOW you get that without showing anything. I wonder where we will be in 6 months.

This isnt saying of course that it doesnt look DEAD tasty. Infact some of the artwork looks awesome. But all I hear so far is backstory. Tell us about the gameplay please. What am I going to be able to do? How will the universe effect my ingame decisions and tools. What could my objectives be and how might i achieve them?

Doesn't it have quite a lot about the gameplay and so forth in the preview? As for 'how will the universe affect me' - well, apart from the differing objectives and maps they were being tight lipped.

ill reread then. Just came across as backstory for me im afraid.

If there was ever an appropriate time to say "Too long, didn't read..."

Just for the record, Sulks, you are my favourite non-professional games news writer. Great article :)

Well, thanks, I'm honoured. :D

In other news, I finished my journalism course last night!
Moderator: I'm afraid you have not passed.
Me: Why not?
Moderator: There is no evidence of any research or interviews.
Me: Yes there is. It's right there.
Moderator: Really? Oh! So it is! Well, in that case, you've passed with flying colours!
Me: o_O

Back