Basic Doors Video Tutorial

Cheers Ichi, your vid tutorials are really helping with my mapping :)

One thing, do you play cs because i think i may of played in a match with you a while back, do you know someone called Mrsniper? If you dont then it was probably someone with a similar name and im an idiot :p

A note about using the hinge entities, you only need to use one per door. Door still rotates on the axis fine, and you save 1 entity :]

I have to tell you that these videos are wonderful. Please keep up the good work. When I get better with Hammer I can help out with the tuts. I'm an experienced Camtasia recorder.

Any idea how to make it so it doesnt open until used?

And how do we get doorknobs?

go to the properties and look in the flags tab. Look for something about the use key. or USE.

A nob would be as simple as adding a model in an appropriate spot and parenting it with the door.

MisterFloppy said:
Any idea how to make it so it doesnt open until used?

And how do we get doorknobs?

Try work it out for your self, I had too :O

Figured out the first one, now how to get NPCs to use it....

No idea where to start on doorknobs.

MisterFloppy said:
Figured out the first one, now how to get NPCs to use it....

No idea where to start on doorknobs.

I know in theory how it can be done, but never really bothered to actually try. I know the long way to do it for sure. There is also definatly a quick way :D

I have moved to hl2world because I was able to get a sticky thread and I am able to keep my post updated, so please direct your self to for all the latest video tutorials.

http://www.hl2 world.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=18686

Thanks.

So does that mean that you're going to stop bumping your threads every day?

Jolly Good.

Of course, if you'd actually come to one of the staff and asked us to set something up, it may have been more effective than dropping hints in a thread.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Jolly Good.

Of course, if you'd actually come to one of the staff and asked us to set something up, it may have been more effective than dropping hints in a thread.

I already did, I talked with munro. It didn't work out so... ye... anyway...

Back