BasketMelon Mod Released!

You can install it in either HL2 folder or Garry's Mod folder. Here's the basketmelon.txt for a slightly more info:

Basketmelon Mod v1.0
================
made by: BigDeezy23
[email protected]

Wanna make Kleiner dunk over three folding chairs? Wanna re-enact Ron Artest's famous riot? Or even have Dr. Breen hobble away with an injury? This is for you.

Well, this isn't actually a mod at all. It just sounds more important that way. This is a basketball map I made in which you shoot an invincible watermelon around. You can make it in the basket, but I find it to be pretty challenging at times. It's primarily intended as a Garry's Mod map, where the possibilities for scenarios are endless -- er, when it comes to basketball.

Installation:
=============
Pretty basic, just extract the zip to your Garry's Mod folder.

I included a jumpshot.cfg that gives you varying degrees of jumpshot power. In the console, type "exec jumpshot".

Usage
======
Pick up the basketmelon with the gravity gun and shoot it around. Have fun. You can turn off the arena lights with a switch, it's located at one of the doorways. Just if you wanted to make a light show or something.

The jumpshot.cfg uses the buttons "j" through "'".

"j" = Layup

"k" = Short Jumpshot

"l" = Long Jumpshot

";" = Three-Point Range

"'" = Long Distance

If anyone wants to distribute this map, I have no problem with it. Just contact me and give me the credit, etc etc.

Ok, play melon!

======
P.S. All the lines are the ground are 1-unit-high brushes, so depending on your system, the map may get pretty intensive when everyone is shooting props around. Maybe I'll make textures or something in the next version to keep the surfaces flat.

Back