Batman Arkham Asylum 2 :D

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56031

http://www.arkhamhasmoved.com/

Cool two face! :)

Easily best thing from the VGAs last night. If this was shown at the end of the VGAs last night instead of the start I would feel like it was worth actually watching that POS for :|

Brilliant. A little disappointed it's not set in Gotham City itself but it seems like Arkham has "moved" there anyway, so who knows. And more Scarecrow, please!

Still need to complete the first D:

I know what worst is I was really enjoying it, I just seemed to have deviated from it. Well its sunday so..

*goes and plays it*

I sold the first the same day I finished it. I was dissapointed. Hope 2nd is better.

Arkham Asylum is easily one of the most overrated games of the year.

Arkham Asylum is easily one of the most overrated games of the year.

I have the game and am I disappointed. I read about all the hype about the best batman game EVER but it suffers from so many bad concepts.

I mean the bat vision crap is almost as bad as the Wolfenstein spirit world thing. The worse part is it costs absolutely nothing, yet it has significant advantage over your normal vision, which means if you don't use it, you will miss out on a crap loads of items and hidden walls (and there are LOADS of hidden walls and items). You're practically playing the entire game in blue color.........

Now the combat is just.................

You're overrated. In the FACE.
fistbump.jpg

I have the game and am I disappointed. I read about all the hype about the best batman game EVER but it suffers from so many bad concepts.

I mean the bat vision crap is almost as bad as the Wolfenstein spirit world thing. The worse part is it costs absolutely nothing, yet it has significant advantage over your normal vision, which means if you don't use it, you will miss out on a crap loads of items and hidden walls (and there are LOADS of hidden walls and items). You're practically playing the entire game in blue color.........

Now the combat is just.................

Ridiculously fun and satisfying?

It seems that confirmed from that trailer alone we have Penguin, Two-Face, Joker and Harley and maybe some Mr Freeze. Here's hoping for some Freeze action and maybe some Clayface.

EDIT: And Black Mask looks pretty certain too as "Sionis" is seen on a sign in the abandoned warehouse.

question, i gave my friend my xbox version but didn't play it. should i buy this on steam when it goes cheap instead?? I heard the graphics/physics look better on pc plus i can still use a 360 controller

I'm gonna be all over this, the first one was game of the year for me.

Penguin? Two-Face? Were they in the trailer? Glad the gameplay has moved to Gotham now.

Penguin? Two-Face?

I don't mean to criticize the best Batman's franchise in gaming history, but, aren't the writers able to think up some original villain, instead of the same old Joker/Penguin/Two Face/Catwoman? This is for movies, too ;)

I don't think that would go down particularly well. I'm quite happy to see new interpretations of the existing villains, and I welcome Penguin and Two-Face - particularly the former.

question, i gave my friend my xbox version but didn't play it. should i buy this on steam when it goes cheap instead?? I heard the graphics/physics look better on pc plus i can still use a 360 controller

Yes, the graphics are much better. PhysX is sexy.

Penguin? Two-Face? Were they in the trailer? Glad the gameplay has moved to Gotham now.

Penguin's Iceberg Club can be seen in the background at 0:33 and the Uncle Sam poster is a reference to Two-Face. And I mentioned the Black Mask link in my previous post.

So we have some hater of the game with nothing to back up why the game sucked. Give me proof not opinion!

Still need to complete the first D:

yeah same here,

i was on 53% before my Hard drive exploded with corrupted data, and lost everything.

anyone know how can I START again at 50% ? is there any code to jump to there ?:thumbs:

Anything think we might get Hush?

It would be nice. He did appear in Lego Batman so he's definitely "famous" enough to warrant an appearance in this game. Plus it's hinted at in the first game that Joker has a score to settle with him.

Just did a massive haul of it until 4am this morning and completed. Must say it was a very good game, can't wait for the second.

Ridiculously fun and satisfying?

The combat would've been so much better if it didn't focus entirely on combos. The combat could've consisted of some simple grabbing and kicking rather than time and chain your hit till a certain point before you can use other combat abilities. Though the most painful part was watching bad guys roll around after you "knock" them out. Batman should be a little less merciful, knock their asses out and watch them fly!

Awesome! Better live up to the hype and the sheer awesomeness like the first one.

Omg about 15% through the game and I'm loving it! should have played this game a lot sooner. also my xbox controller works and I do get the Achievement pts for the game too...so it feels like I'm right on XBL with Games for Windows.

The combat would've been so much better if it didn't focus entirely on combos. The combat could've consisted of some simple grabbing and kicking rather than time and chain your hit till a certain point before you can use other combat abilities. Though the most painful part was watching bad guys roll around after you "knock" them out. Batman should be a little less merciful, knock their asses out and watch them fly!
My only complaint about the combat is the little "I'm going to hit you now" icon above the enemies heads. I played on hard though so I didn't have it anyway. I think the combat style is perfect to be honest. Making it focus on the timing and on combos just makes it flow so well. When you take out a room fool of goons at once, some with stun prods and guns, without breaking your combo you feel like you are Batman.

The only thing better is picking off the enemies one by one while they shit their pants.

My only complaint about the combat is the little "I'm going to hit you now" icon above the enemies heads. I played on hard though so I didn't have it anyway. I think the combat style is perfect to be honest. Making it focus on the timing and on combos just makes it flow so well. When you take out a room fool of goons at once, some with stun prods and guns, without breaking your combo you feel like you are Batman.

The only thing better is picking off the enemies one by one while they shit their pants.

Yeah, I just finished it on hard, and the combat definitely feels a lot more satisfying when your timing your counters using the enemies actions rather than a neon sign flashing above their head.

I feel the combat was pretty spot on.

Best hand-to-hand combat system I have ever played tbh.

Back