Batman Arkham Asylum 2 :D

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Well button bashing isn't what its designed for, and you won't get anywhere doing that on the combat challenges. Its all about the free-flow of techniques, countering at the right moment, using the right moves on the right enemies, without ever breaking the combo. Anyone who button bashes on it is obviously just too shit to use it properly.

Play the game on hard and button mash square and see how far it gets you.

I did. Also throw in mashing triangle when you want to block. It might have been fun if it required timing but no, all you had to do was keep mashing triangle and you would automatically block an attack.

Why would you even want to play it that way? If I wanted to button bash I'd play Tekken or some shit. The combat system is brilliant, and I find it laughable that you would slate it just because you can't be bothered to attempt to use it to its full potential.

I did. Also throw in mashing triangle when you want to block. It might have been fun if it required timing but no, all you had to do was keep mashing triangle and you would automatically block an attack.

When I played if you mistimed your blocks then it left you open to attack for a second or so, so button mashing the block wouldn't work. It actually does require timing.

Yeah, button-mashing square ftw.

That will only get you so far. I thought Arkham Asylum was excellent. I got thrills and chills throwing batarangs, zip-lining, gliding, and sneaking on top of gargoyles.

And if you block when no one is attacking you you lose your combo, meaning you can't do your instant take down moves or use your combo batarang and makes the game far less fun.

I'm hoping Clayface and Mr. Freeze play play bigger roles.
Yes.

I also want to see some Firefly, but don't expect it.
Yes.

Anything think we might get Hush?
Oh yes.

The combat was fine and all, but the stealth was what really took the cake for me.
This. Slowly taking out a room full of psychotic inmates without being seen or attacked once is so satisfying.

Are video games so bad these days that a Batman game is the creme of the crop? Where are the good games?

Are video games so bad these days that a Batman game is the creme of the crop? Where are the good games?

The casual gamers dug a very deep hole and buried all the good games in there.

I don't mind sorta casual games, as long as they are good fun. I don't have time to walk past the same scenery for 2 days looking for Link's flute any more. I can't even find my own stuff.

Mister Freeze and Talia al Ghul have both been confirmed by their respective voice actors to be appearing in this game. Nice.

First up, Talia. Stana Katic, who stars on ABC's Castle, tweeted on Friday that she'd "Just recorded a character voice on the next Batman video game," and found water and pineapple slices to be plenty of help. The character? "I'm voicing Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra al Ghul (played by Liam Neeson in 'Batman Begins')" Katic very quickly took down these tweets but plenty of folks found them cached through the magic of Google.

Maurice LaMarche, best known as the voice of Kif Kroker in Futurama, told Geekcastradio that he's Mister Freeze for AA2. Said LaMarche:

"I'm about to go in and do Mr. Freeze for Arkham Asylum 2 ... He's out for blood right now because, err... I can't tell you the situation, but he's actually somewhat a sympathetic character within the framework of the game."

Two-Face seemed like a no brainer, but with Talia showing up and Ra's al Ghul's corpse missing from the morgue in AA, I'm betting he'll show up again.

Ah good. I thought with all the praise that maybe I should go get it. Glad I won't have to now. :cheers:

You're seriously using Samon's opinion to determine what games to play? He hates everything.

He does generally have a problem liking anything haha.

I genuinely prefered the stalker modes in the first one. Or whatever the stealth missions were called.

Combat had an awesome flow though, loved taking down all the guys in that gauntlet when they had their party hats on.

The trophy ding was nice too at the end.

My guess is instead of brown mold and dirt colors for blood stains the blood will be-gasp!-CRIMSON THIS TIME! SO DARK! Seriously though, can't wait.

Arkham Asylum is pretty fun but it is highly overrated. Get it cheap.

Three villain have been revealed (one was already revealed but is now confirmed): Kevin Conroy is confirmed to be Two-Face, Maurice LaMarche is confirmed to be Mr. Freeze, and Stana Katic is Talia al Ghul. The game is also supposed to be somehow darker than the first.

Let's hope they end up as more than "generic easy boss fight", "punch henchmen to defeat boss", and "click to defeat boss". I think, gameplay wise, what I'd most like to see are much more open and large stealth areas. I always wanted to have a bunch of guys scattered in between the buildings of Arkham and have to navigate around them/take them out slowly.

I'm just worried about re-using the Joker. Also I hope the final boss isn't so shit this time.

Think he probably means he liked the idea of the Joker turning into a tank but thought the fight itself was poorly executed.

If you're right, then he's a terrible person.

Isn't Talia also the name of that alien with the hips from ME2? Why does this always happen :(

The internet: where colloquial terms like "y'all" are actually all-encompassing area of effect attacks.

Agreed...and that second video made me want a Batman Beyond game with Blight as one of the main antagonists.

batsbeyond.jpg

Batman Beyond got so weak after blight was taken out of the picture.

Back